Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
I mean, we have sites like Hoovers and a whole bunch of other services pulling together these reports from EDGAR already. Aren't they in XBRL format as well already? What would be the point of your script? Just to compile the information again? or do you mean trying to eliminate the role of Analysts that put out Analyst reports on public company stock? I'm sure a human analyst is able to put out a more reliable analyst report and a better recommendation.

Hummer Driving human being posted:

I'm looking mostly at EDGAR (the SEC system that contains a private public companies filings) and how it can be mined.

Ftfy

Bloody Queef posted:

If you're somehow able to get a private company's financial information from EDGAR call up Bill Gates and tell him he's back out of the number one richest spot, because you, Hummer Driving human being, will be the new number one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread