Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

In other news I've made a guild called Goon Squid. I'm currently the only member in it, whisper Kokoro Means Heart for an invite.

It wasn't very obvious in that post, but there were a few dudes yesterday who joined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Drythe posted:

It wasn't very obvious in that post, but there were a few dudes yesterday who joined.

We don't have invite privileges though. RIP.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.

Delamore posted:

Does it still take massive amounts of time to level up?
Every time I try this game, the grind seems worse than the last.
Also is the best strategy still to hold onto your points and barely improve for tons of levels so you can spend them all on really expensive bonuses?

The base grind is in fact going to be worse than it was last time around if you play for free, but if you're good at challenges you'll find yourself leveling up nearly twice as fast as you were before. I'm not going to lie and say Wakfu isn't one of the grindiest games in existence, though; if you don't have a group of friends to play with or if grinding isn't your thing you'll probably want to stay away.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
They've also added daily quests that'll really give you a boost early on. There are little ones in Astrub to get you familiar, then once you hit level 20 you can go to the big blue ! in each nation for 90k experience each every day. And then another 45k after a certain number of completions.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh yeah, I forgot about challenges! They're great if you can get them done. Some of the really nice ones (Kill X guy last) give around +80% bonus XP from a fight, so they're worth doing. Others are harder to do (or remember to do). But if you do them, it definitely speeds things up by a lot.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I've granted a couple of other goons invite privileges, you can also contact Metilo or Minion Empress for invites.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Delamore posted:

Also is the best strategy still to hold onto your points and barely improve for tons of levels so you can spend them all on really expensive bonuses?

They just did some "rebalancing" of higher level gear and as a result removed the second MP/AP points from character stats, so this is not as bad as before.

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
Oh man I remember when I decided to be the guy that would make money all day. Fun times! I think I'll give this another try, free is right in my price range.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
The last turn based game I played was Atlantica Online. Maybe I can get a decent 2 months of fun out of this.

So cartoony.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

moolchaba posted:

The last turn based game I played was Atlantica Online. Maybe I can get a decent 2 months of fun out of this.

So cartoony.

It's really cute, and almost all the creatures in it are cute as heck.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Tactical games like these own, I used to play Dofus like a mental.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
Tried Chrome and IE, but it's still saying wrong security code. Also I haven't used IE in years, holy gently caress is it slow, even in no addon mode.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Do you have scripts disabled? I had trouble with Firefox but it was just NoScript. Worked fine once I allowed the captcha script.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
Never use IE so all settings are default, tried both normal and no-addon mode, turned off any privacy/security. And Chrome always has weird issues like this so that's unsurprising.

Firefox worked!

zidane13 fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 30, 2014

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Well. I tried playing for about 5 minutes and that's about all the cutesy pastel colored glory I can handle for today.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

moolchaba posted:

Well. I tried playing for about 5 minutes and that's about all the cutesy pastel colored glory I can handle for today.

Wimp. Embrace the cutesy. It's much better than otherwise.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

moolchaba posted:

See this cutesy bird?

When you kill it, you might salvage its cutesy rectum.

You might cook it into a cutesy meal.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Here's a treasure from the ages past, when goons seized control of the Amaknan government during open beta. Note the tax rates in the screenshot!

http://my.mmosite.com/bfa1a79c402a2c2f27252f2582e3460e/blog/item/640037993026e94bd18bc57d62b4ea50.html

CassieChu posted:

Last night was a huge upset. Somehow Goonsquad's governor elect candidate won the election in my Nation. Some players immediately started to log off to wait out this government term while others created new characters to play in a different nation for a while. Guilds are stocking their resources in preparation of what's to come. Perhaps the blame for this horrible turn of events is the lack of records around. It's been a long time since the last time Goonsquad was in office and the new players werent around to see how Goonsquad affected the nation. I was one of the players around during those times so let's remember them shall we?

I remember it so clearly. It was the end of Arini's term. Everyone was so happy to have a good governor that the end of her term snuck up on everyone. No one voted for Arini. That's why it was a huge surprise when in gold letters across the chat a new governor was announced. Pressing the N key would show the new governor and his Honorary Title of "Criminal".

There is an impeachment system based on the governor's approval rating. The problem is that only people that voted in the previous election have a say in this. Since there wasn't enough voters, we couldn't push him into the red! We were stuck with him for the next 2 weeks!

The first thing they did was enact a law called "Poaching" on Gobballs, a level 10 monsters that newbies usually fight. This made it illegal Kill them. Breaking this law would cost you 3cp(Citizenship points).

Let me explain why this is such a big deal. Your citizenship points determine what kind of citizen your are and different things can happen depending on it.
1000+cp You can run for governor
100cp you can Vote.
10cp you can gain your nation buff.
00cp you are simply a resident. You can't vote or participate in challenges.
-50cp You are an Outlaw. If anyone kills you, you'll go to prison.
-5000cp Gangster Status
-10000cp? Public Menace

With this new law the newbies were all turning into outlaws! And Goonsquad knew this would happen. They started to patrol and kill the newbies! It was so disgusting to watch. Players started to hang around to defend the newbies but they turned into outlaws too as they started to make kill squads and hunt down Goonsquad members.

Goonsquad continued to make species of monsters illegal. Making anything in the ecosystem illegal costs 500kamas from the nation's treasury. since the treasury is made from the taxes taken from the sales of player shops, Goonsquad raised taxes in all areas to 70%, the highest they can go. Players' hard earned kamas were being stolen from them and used to make the nation less enjoyable for everyone. The shops started to close and the econnomy started to die.

At this time there were only 2 nations, Amakna and Bonta. Any Amaknans that tried to go to Bonta to try and level up in peace were killed off by the Bontans. Their governor had declared war on our nation in order to keep the problem in Amakna. Anyone that went to Bonta had instant-outlaw status and was forcibly deported via pvp defeat.

Eventually Amaknans just stopped logging in. Some lurked the forums, waiting for this to be over. Some deleted their characters to make Bontans. Some people dropped the game altogether. By this time, Amakna was just a ghost nation. You were lucky to find another guildmember or friend online. It was so empty that the Goons themselves stopped logging in.

I realized that since everyone had quit with less than 100cp, when the next election came around they wouldnt be able to vote!

I came up with an idea to fix this. There was a glitch with the toad species of monsters that kept their seeds from growing when you try to replant them. They were permanently endangered awaiting a patch to fix them. I took advantage of this and continued to replant them, gaining cp with each seed. Meanwhile i contacted the guildmaster of the collector's guild and paid them to gather 3000 gobball seeds. Eventually i gained 3000 cp. I went to the newbie area with Emeath, a celebrity PKer, and we annihilated all the gobball to extinction. We had enough cp that we could do it without turning into outlaws.

Once the gobs were all dead, i announced on the forums that i was passing out gob seeds to all players that log in and come to the gobballs. The players started to plant them and gain their cp back while Emeath and I kept the gobballs endangered so everyone could gain cp.

By the time the elections rolled around, there was enough voters to make sure that even if goonsquad won again, we could impeach them. For good measure i registered and ran for governor.

In the end i won the election and became governor! I went on to become the greatest governor Amakna has ever had but that's a story for a different article :P

The Goonsquad threads are still up so feel free to take a look. Keep in mind of few of the posters are Goonsquad members trolling. See if you can spot them~

ATTN: Amaknan Government
[Government Warning]
When running...
Lower-Level Training
We need a mod to step in and ban the amakna governor
Amakna Damage Log

In any case, it's probably too late to go showing the new players what happened since goon's just taken office. Ayukawa(The gov) is taking a different route so far so we'll see what happens. Maybe nothing bad will happen this time? Players are already writing pre-post apocalypic logs ahead of time.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

I had forgotten most of these hilarious details, but here they are preserved like flies in amber. :allears:
I do recall that during one of our terms a player who knew French took it upon himself to post about it on the French forums, begging the devs to stop us. The players made fun of him and the CMs insulted his grammar and told him to leave. Good times.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Someone invite Friendly Bee to the guild please. I have no idea how to whisper 2 part names (like my own.)

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I don't know the easier way, but press C and then add the name to your friend list. You can just click send message at that point.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Is there a mumble or an IRC channel for this, or both?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

nucleicmaxid posted:

Someone invite Friendly Bee to the guild please. I have no idea how to whisper 2 part names (like my own.)

Use quotation marks.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Forer posted:

Is there a mumble or an IRC channel for this, or both?

We don't have either of these but I will put them in the OP along with the guild information if anyone wants to do the honors.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I have a mumble I used for when I had a group of people playing poo poo regularly, it's only 25 man at the moment but I can upgrade it for super cheap anyways.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

We just hang out in game and talk in gui- hahaha

I'm the only one who talks :negative:

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I'm at work and can't invite at the moment, please contact Minion Empress or Metilo for a guild invite. If you're having trouble whispering players with spaces in their names, the format is

/w "Player name with spaces here" text of your message

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Metilo is also offline, so if you need an invite, bug Minion Empress. I'm hanging out, mining rocks.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Double post, but I ran these fucks through the gobball dungeon, and one of them got a helmet and shoulders, and another got the Imperial shoulders. Good on them.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

KittyEmpress posted:

Double post, but I ran these fucks through the gobball dungeon, and one of them got a helmet and shoulders, and another got the Imperial shoulders. Good on them.

For real, the chances of that happening are like slim and sweet gently caress-all.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Hi! I gave everyone in the guild invite privilidges! New players can whisper any of the following for a guild invite (use /w "full name here" text):

(bold names are usually online)

Kokoro Means Heart
Afro Fairy
All The Single Ladies
Azukik
Doublestep
Dylena
Fifty Shades of Gobbals
Forer
Forgotton
Forgottonsquid
Friendly Bee
Metal Red
Nidaho
Sileli
Sun Tzulander
Timely Bee
Tude
Vanestra
Wolpertinger
Masked Empress
Minion Empress
Metilo

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Kokoro Means Heart

Lies, I am deposing you for neglect, choosing to do something like 'work' or 'have a life'. Pshaw.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
Wish it wasn't so blurry when you zoomed in, but other then that looking forward to giving this a shot. Chose one of the summoner guys.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Here, Forer

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
Downloading this now. Which class spec is the best at soloing, as I imagine that's what I'll mostly be doing.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Brain Fog posted:

Downloading this now. Which class spec is the best at soloing, as I imagine that's what I'll mostly be doing.

Summoner (Fire/Air) osamados is pretty great, since you can use your pets as distractions. As part of the starter quests you get a Sidekick, which is another hero type unit that counts against group caps and stuff. The Astrub knight isn't great, but he makes it actually tolerable to solo a support class nowadays.

Edit: as for what you'll mostly be doing, don't be too negative! People love grouping up to do stuff.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So we spent most of the day getting most of us new people some gear, some bags, some runs done in some of the lowbie dungeons, and then Kokoro ran us through celestial tofu twice.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wait what, when was this?

Drythe fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 2, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

From about... Three PM pacific to about when I made that post, right after I logged off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Celestial Tofu droprates are pretty low, and that combined with Osamoda being the most popular class means gearing past 50 can get very expensive. On the bright side if you do manage to get Celestial Tofu it'll last you until the early 100s, so you won't need to worry nearly as much about gear as other classes will during that time period.

• Locked thread