Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Inimicul posted:

Why don't we just steal all the keys and migrate over to the Hive?

I may have one of you make an alt, promote it to be able to get 'em and let it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

SpiDeR posted:

I may have one of you make an alt, promote it to be able to get 'em and let it happen.

I'll roll a throw-away rogue just for that.

Edit: Done. Unfortunately, someone already had the same idea and the name Vinz Clortho was taken so I had to name it Vince Clortho instead.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 5, 2015

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

SpiDeR posted:

Hey SpiDeR, I'm presumably still in the pub guild since I've been away on holiday for a while. I never had any roles or powers, but my account may look legit if you need some sort of scummy help defrauding the pubs.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
This weeks free sidekick, Krobax, has been a lot of fun so far. When paired with my rogue he spends all day just throwing enemies into the fire walls. I may have to buy this one.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Thread has been quiet for a bit lately. Granted I've been busy myself, but how is everyone getting on?

I still play now and then got my char to 42 and a few others close behind. Just started one of the cat people because i like the gambling concept.

A little bit confusing honestly though, however they are very fun.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

So, where is goon activity highest, Nox or Remington?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I think Nox has the only active players right now. I've been grinding up Spiders Goon guild and look forward to playing with anyone else I can find.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm the slowest player in existence. I generally play for adventure and relaxation. Something about mindlessly harvesting materials in this game appeals to me

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
If slow and steady grinding is your thing then this is definitely the game for you. You're right about it being relaxing. Wakfu is weird like that.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If anyone ever wants to run a dungeon or fart around uselessly when I'm on, I'm game. I'm only 72 because I'm addicted to alts.

Welp, time to run goball dungeon 5x more times with all my alts for guild dailies. :cry:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Spider, the guild points are climbing again. What should be the next unlock?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Heads up: restats for Iop, Enutrof, Pandawa, Sacrier and Sram.

Editing now that I've played around in the restat room with my 29 Enu, who I never did much with. I'm kinda liking water/earth cutting+rascalry/killer spade+nightspade+shovel shaker with a side of treasure tracker, frhend and 'zerker.

Someone - I think in game - told me that you should never have the dhreller pick up bags because it doesn't use your PP bonus. Is this still the case?

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 21, 2015

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Inimicul posted:

Spider, the guild points are climbing again. What should be the next unlock?
1) I signed in and pushed it to 5.
2) I made a new "can access the bank" rank
3) I made you able to pick the upgrades lol
4) derp
5) Freaking SWTOR is fun lol... I've got a crap ton of Wakfu org and garden gems and junk and wish I could loan/whore out my account but I made it in Steam :/

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

mushroom_spore posted:

Heads up: restats for Iop, Enutrof, Pandawa, Sacrier and Sram.

Editing now that I've played around in the restat room with my 29 Enu, who I never did much with. I'm kinda liking water/earth cutting+rascalry/killer spade+nightspade+shovel shaker with a side of treasure tracker, frhend and 'zerker.

Someone - I think in game - told me that you should never have the dhreller pick up bags because it doesn't use your PP bonus. Is this still the case?

No clue on the PP bonus i usually have mine pick it up though because its inconvenient to run over there and grab stuff.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

Doesn't really matter since the pouching system in general doesn't use the PP system to influence drops. Pouching only forces a drop from the drop table. PP affects after-fight rewards.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.

SpiDeR posted:

5) Freaking SWTOR is fun lol... I've got a crap ton of Wakfu org and garden gems and junk and wish I could loan/whore out my account but I made it in Steam :/

Goons burning out of Wakfu?!?!?!

Impossible!

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Goons burning out of Wakfu?!?!?!

Impossible!

I never would have thought it possible, but after three weeks of grinding the same three dungeons with nothing else to do and nothing to show for it besides a few useful drops, I too am becoming burnt out!

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I can relate. Even cycling through five different characters and doing different dungeons with them for guild points has started to take its toll.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Dungeons are the most overrated part of the game IMO, I don't know how anyone can sit through them multiple times every day. Between the fact that they use up consumable items just to walk in the door and the fact that every time I sit down to do one is the instant my phone rings or someone messages me or my family needs something done, I don't bother with them much.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I always play with sidekicks and that really ups how much booty I walk out with. The more I do a dungeon, the more keys I wind up with for it. I have 5 alts that I cycle through for the daily guild points and that cuts down on the monotony quite a bit since they're not all doing the same dungeon but it starts to feel like a job knowing that I have three hours worth of daily quests / dungeon crawls to go through each day.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

Dungeons are the only part of the game IMO, I don't know how anyone can sit through them multiple times every day. Between the fact that they use up consumable items just to walk in the door and the fact that every time I sit down to do one is the instant my phone rings or someone messages me or my family needs something done, I don't bother with them much.

seriously. If you think that the dungeons are bad pre level 100, the late game dungeons are much worse. the grind is awful and the gear that drops doesn't get better beyond some of the BIS equips.

the relic grind is a sad one.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I would encourage any of you who now find themselves growing tired of playing the game and only doing to out of obligation to stop doing whatever it is they dislike the moment it stops being fun. To play Wakfu is to gaze willingly into the void of grind, and if you dwell upon it too long the void will gaze back into you.

Value your time, and you, too, will come to understand the terrible secret of Wakfu

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Everyone I know who burnt out on wakfu, including me, is probably coming back when they add that system that lets you use alts as sidekicks. Because grinding one character at a time is not enough :suicide:.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm only playing Wakfu as the urge strikes. If I tried to force through the grind I'd just come to despise it, so I'll play it one night, do other stuff, get in an hour another night, and so on. Because yeah, it's grindy as hell. When they have a bonus weekend or somesuch I'll subject myself to the grind to get the most out of it, but otherwise I can't be arsed.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Valatar posted:

I'm only playing Wakfu as the urge strikes. If I tried to force through the grind I'd just come to despise it, so I'll play it one night, do other stuff, get in an hour another night, and so on.

Same here. The only thing I let myself feel I "have" to do is hop on to feed pets and grab those daily coins, which is fairly quick and painless (and you can't just do a bunch of them at once later). I have my main craft some bread in his haven bag for guild points too, usually.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I have a lot goin on right now so I haven't played much plus friends coaxing me into warframe which is nice. I think I'll get back to wakfu prolly next week though.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

I'm back too now, did they say when the new alt/sidekick thing was coming? Or the spell system revamp (how late is it now?)

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Dackel posted:

I'm back too now, did they say when the new alt/sidekick thing was coming? Or the spell system revamp (how late is it now?)

the hero system ain't coming any time soon. Ankama has no tentative release date. Best they said was Q1 2015.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
At least whenever I glance at this game and binge on it for a small bit, I know full well it is a grind that has been shaped carefully after the rough release. There's a handful of small things that make the grind appreciable in some regard (capn' atcha, decent quest mapping, pretty good craft interface, challenges). It's an alright grind to fire up with friends and run a few dungeons in every so often.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
It's way more fun to do dungeons with a friend but I've only had the pleasure once.

I just wish the crafting was worth doing. I see one item every 40 levels that may be decent but then it won't be available on the market and is barely better than the thousands of mob dropped items that are flooding the market.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Can someone tell me what this is? Spotted briefly outside the temple:

It doesn't have the dorky eyes so I assume it's a shop mount, but that's not the color they all are in the store and I don't see anything about mount dye.

EDIT: Looks like maybe that's one of the quested nation harnesses on a shop mount. I didn't realize the effect was so dramatic.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 27, 2015

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, that's a shop mount with a harness on it.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Valatar posted:

Yes, that's a shop mount with a harness on it.

I'm tempted to get one now, the Sufokia version looks awesome and I have a bunch of fakemoney left over from when that one pack was on sale. Can anyone confirm if they can be traded between alts? I know they can't be sold to other players, but I tested the regular turkey and I could put it in my account chest.

Also if anyone has a list of islands by level, that would be awesome. My main is kinda running out of stuff to do in Sufokia at level 49, but when I went to the boat there was just a big list of stuff in no particular order and I was spending kamas on boat trips just to browse around and go "nope, level 100 enemies here." The lowest I found was 55, but even then I'm pretty sure I didn't see everything.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The shop mounts can be put in the account chest, so yeah, you're good to swap them around characters as long as you're subscribed.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

mushroom_spore posted:

I'm tempted to get one now, the Sufokia version looks awesome and I have a bunch of fakemoney left over from when that one pack was on sale. Can anyone confirm if they can be traded between alts? I know they can't be sold to other players, but I tested the regular turkey and I could put it in my account chest.

Also if anyone has a list of islands by level, that would be awesome. My main is kinda running out of stuff to do in Sufokia at level 49, but when I went to the boat there was just a big list of stuff in no particular order and I was spending kamas on boat trips just to browse around and go "nope, level 100 enemies here." The lowest I found was 55, but even then I'm pretty sure I didn't see everything.

I'm just about level 80 and I've done almost all of it in Suffolkia. I killed kokos and did that dungeon after I ran out of cloudy keys. After that I moved up to the Krakloves near the boat and did the mollusk dungeon a bunch. After that I moved on to the shark dungeon that I still do. I should probably move on to the crab dungeon but I still have so many keys that I just do the same dugeons out of habit.

You can avoid the cost of exploring by boat with your map. Zoom in and out of each area you want to look at and then mouse over the dungeons to get an idea of what level the mobs are that surround it.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Inimicul posted:

You can avoid the cost of exploring by boat with your map. Zoom in and out of each area you want to look at and then mouse over the dungeons to get an idea of what level the mobs are that surround it.

Aha! I didn't even realize the map could go outside of your current area, thanks. :)

I have at least one dungeon quest left to do in Sufokia to get that mercenary outfit, but I admit the thought of doing so many dungeons forever makes me go cross-eyed so I'll probably skip to islands ASAP for more questing. My luck with being able to get through a dungeon uninterrupted by real life is terrible.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Super new to the game, huge fan of Krosmaster, just picked up "The Goultard" for my Iop, how should I go about runing it?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I impulsively booted this up to check out what changed, and the new class looks pretty fun, and the stat revamp is pretty nice, and the iop/cra revamp looks pretty neat too. I'm betting any goon guild is completely dead though considering nobody's posted in a month. I'm probably better off waiting for the heroes system to get added first, anyway.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There are still goons loving around, just hasn't been a lot to write about. The Cra and Iop changes are probably significant enough to warrant some posts, but I don't play either of those classes, so don't have anything to contribute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Oh no, what did they do to the Gokus?

• Locked thread