Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I installed the client, logged into the asian server, ran around on it, found nothing but a town full of an out of control feral cat population and tumbleweeds. Logged out, logged into Nox, place is swarming with pubbies. This is probably a time zone thing; I wish there was a server population by time chart available on their site so I could better see which servers have people when I'm likely to be playing.

As a side note, the US steam bundle is better than the asian bundle (15,000 funbux instead of 9,000) and the US store has sales going on that the asian does not, as well as integration with the Krosmaster tabletop game for those who are playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am on Nox and amenable to guilding up with the goons.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some people are reporting that the sale prices aren't showing when they click on the store, but from the in game client I just now bought Krosmoglob at the discounted rate. It's a cute ball floaty thing with nukes and heals, I figure that I can find some good use for it regardless of character.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't log in now because Steam seems down, but since the clue mentions feathers, I assume the answer is a bird.

[Edit: Yeah, it's the black-feathered thing with the bird skull helmet.]

Valatar fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 1, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Running around tonight, Cyllix and Palla Dyn are the IGNs.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The tofukaze game is their referral bait. Sign up people and if they pay you get more tries at the grid.

( https://secure.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/play-tofukaze/Valatar )

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SpiDeR posted:

Ok, I made the guild called The Hive and ground it to level 1, it's going to take both time (and grinding guild quests) as well as time... there's a wait time to actually level up or get the new perk. If anyone wants to help, we can invite some trash alts to spam the 'Craft 10' and 'Kill 10' quests and I'll just try to eat the wheat or thistle or whatever the hell we use.

In the meantime, I'm in a level 8 (going on 9) guild on Nox in Sufokia if anyone wants to join. It's got tasty +10% job xp, and that's all anyone ever needs... I can invite folks and most of them are friendly and not retarded... but there's a few who are always on that are grinding jobs and only jobs, so who knows if you'll get free grinds out of them?

I'm a little sad about joining pubbies, but I doubt there'll be enough of a goon presence in the game to claim a lot of ground, so I'm willing. Plus I signed up with Sufokia, solely on the merits of it being the least-dismal looking country with that whole Mediterranean vibe it has.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Day 7 is the pouch.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You fuckers need to post your in game contacts, the only goon I've been able to find thus far is spider.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's patch time.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, never underestimate crowd control. Back in Everquest days I made liberal use of stun spells as a cleric to lock down adds. The pubbies would be all, 'nuuuuuu, use ur mana 2 healz!', not realizing that ten seconds of a monster not eating their face was saving more HP than using the same mana for a heal.

In other news, I snuck into Amakna to run the Sureberry Fields dungeon for the garden gem it gives if you do the achievements. It was very challenging to pull off since the boss is a fucker who is constantly spawning adds; I nearly lost the fight while going for the achievement of killing the boss last since he was in my face and spawning monsters that in turn spawned walls while all the other little bastards that I had to kill were hiding on the back row. I was down at 0 HP and just another turn from losing when I finally finished him off with sidekicks. But now I have some badass +AP amulets and nice gear that I'm too low level to equip and a garden gem, it was a really worthwhile time.

I also spent a few hours in Mordor killing stalagmite monsters for the lava eyes needed to feed the Steam phoenix. It helped level up the sidekicks and got three weeks worth of bird food. As a tip for other people who bought a Steam pack and have the phoenix, the lowest level stalagmite things weren't dropping eyes for crap, I had to move up to the tougher ones before I started getting a decent chance of finding an eye.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, that guy is horrible in every way. I am not looking forward to doing that again when my alts are leveled enough.

It was like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan, I had to slog through waves of lovely little summoned things to try to get to the back row while getting hit from all sides, it was a pain. In contrast, the other achievement where I ganked down the boss first thing was easy.

Al Borland posted:

anyone know the answer to today's puzzle? Its not the turkey :(

Apparently its the log....

That log's a European Christmas cake. That puzzle was aimed more towards the French; other people would probably not guess that the log was edible.

Partial Octopus posted:

How big is the goon guild currently? I'd like to start playing again if there are enough people to make it fun.

The guild that we're mooching off of is fairly sizable, I've never been online without at least five or so other people also online at the same time. There's a large percentage of pubbies in it, but as spider promised, they aren't annoying fuckups. I'm hopeful for getting enough goons to fill out a guild on our own, but we need more people to pop in before that can be a thing.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

inkmoth posted:

Also, what level should I be to start hunting those lava eyes? My stockpile from the market is running low.

With a couple of low-level sidekicks I was chewing through things no problem at 35, eventually hunting the level 50 guys when I'd find a solo one wandering around once I got comfortable with how the fights went and the sidekicks got some more levels in them. My Osa's 42 now, if I went back now I'd probably start taking on groups to try to hustle up the eyeballs.

inkmoth posted:

Guild stuff

I got promoted in the pub guild to not-quite-spy level 2, I think I can invite now as well if anyone who wants in sees me online. My characters are all on the Google doc.

Valatar fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 11, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was around too, added you to my contact list and everything.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eliotropes seem to be glass cannons. They can bounce around and hit most of the battlefield and have some utility gadgets, but they don't have much in the way of defense and their skills lend themselves to flipping out and doing huge damage when hurt badly. The only real defense an Eliotrope has is kiting with teleports. A lot of people evidently think the positional earth reflect shield is defense, but testing has apparently shown that it doesn't reduce damage, it just damages whatever hit you, so it's actually offensive.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm feeling pretty good about my newish Feca, the utility and the spells go nicely together.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So seeing as mid-level Osas are about to be given the middle finger and their war chief stolen away, I've decided to give the middle finger back and find someone to powerlevel Cyllix to 99+ where the next decent summon is said to reside. I flipped some of the Steam stuff on the market to have about 200,000k on hand for bribery, so if anyone knows a good leecher for hire, please lemme know.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

scaterry posted:

Give Keshatock a ring in Wakfu or just message me http://steamcommunity.com/id/scaTerry/.

I'll be on around 6-9PM EST to help out. Don't need to pay jackshit since you need that mad dosh for end game 100+ equipments.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm probably not making it around until 8 or so tonight, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SpiDeR posted:

Ah, server time is always funny.

And boo to guild drama... I loaned guild kama on the promise that I'd get it back if we were outbid on haven world. We were out of the race in less than the first hour... I've been waiting 3 days for someone with the guild rank to withdraw my 1.2 million kama back, because the GM signed off W/O doing it himself.

[edit]
And people laughed at me doing the haven gem dungeons and selling the gems over and over, but I have a bag full garden gems, a bag full of merch gems, over a million kama and 4 pieces of white crow armor so I've been able to make money doing it.

What are you doing, just alting up and doing the dungeon achievements, scooping the gems, deleting the characters, and repeating? Because I sure would like a pile of gems, my haven bag sucks. If there's a quick-ish way to get them, I'd love to know it.

As for the pubbies, I think they're still entertaining dreams of winning an auction. I know a few of them have been gathering and crafting like crazy this week to try to build up cash.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Steam has one of the Wakfu bundles at 50% off, $25 instead of $50. It comes with three months of premium, 15,000 funbux, a phoenix, a protoflex sidekick, a decent bag, and some random other crap. Considering that 15,000 funbux is usually $30, the bundle is a fairly good deal.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Put Protoflex in fire mode and he's suddenly a great help. In earth mode he just tanks up his own resistances, which benefits nobody whatsoever since he does crap damage. In fire mode he still does bad damage, but he gives AP to the two closest allies each turn, can put a fire shield around adjacent allies, and can free people from being locked in an AOE with his #2 attack. In both modes he can bodyguard an ally and automatically take hits for them, and also throw adjacent allies to get them out of a bad spot or into a better position for attack.

If you view him less as a direct contributor to the fight and more as a walking toolbox to make like easier for the other group members, he shows more worth.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The hero system is a lot of unknowns still, but from what I heard using alts will supplant sidekicks. So you can have two sidekicks, two alts, or one alt and one sidekick, and that's it.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Today's advent is the ball guy with the leaf on his head.

Also, the pubbies seem to be having a meltdown, so we may want to just move into the goon alt guild or find a new friendly host.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
5,000,000 seems to be about $75-80 at the normal rate, or less if people get their funbux through the Steam sale. Getting our own private goontopia would be neat, but I dunno if it's neat enough to warrant that investment. Especially because after the land is purchased, you need another massive investment to build crap on it. The initial purchase just gets your foot in the door.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It made them 'okay'. The level 55 warchiefs do a little more damage and have a little more health than the level 50 gobballs. They're nothing special now, I plan to replace them as soon as I reach a level where I can grab the next tier of monster. Which is fair, stories are that osa would keep using the warchiefs up to level 100 or later, which is just bonkers.

The part of the nerf that actively irks me is the hard limit at one summon per turn. Now I summon one thing, and all of the enemies jump it and kick its poo poo in during the first turn rather than spreading their attacks among two targets. Or worse, walk past it and kick my poo poo in instead. Osas have no defense whatsoever to speak of, and without a meat shield things go south fast.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They added the ability to purchase additional character slots on the character select screen, but it's 5,000 funbux per slot so unless you're really jonesing for more alts it doesn't seem like a great investment at the moment.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I respecced my Osamodas to dragon with summoning as a sideline. The loss in summon power was relatively light given that I couldn't get two on the board anymore, and dragon's a better option in fights where the random summon AI might screw up a challenge.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started by maxing out the armor/glyph skill because their mechanic hinges on that. Second I put in feca master because it gives a pile of passive buffs.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Bunny posted:

What server should I play on? With the most populations?

Nox if you're in North America is probably your best bet.

Side note: Double XP promotion on Thursday and Friday.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bailed on the pubs yesterday, joined up with the other goons for at least the convenience of a shared chat channel. It's a shame there's no way to outright take over the pubbie guild, getting something pre-ranked would be a real time saver.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm only playing Wakfu as the urge strikes. If I tried to force through the grind I'd just come to despise it, so I'll play it one night, do other stuff, get in an hour another night, and so on. Because yeah, it's grindy as hell. When they have a bonus weekend or somesuch I'll subject myself to the grind to get the most out of it, but otherwise I can't be arsed.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, that's a shop mount with a harness on it.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The shop mounts can be put in the account chest, so yeah, you're good to swap them around characters as long as you're subscribed.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There are still goons loving around, just hasn't been a lot to write about. The Cra and Iop changes are probably significant enough to warrant some posts, but I don't play either of those classes, so don't have anything to contribute.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They did a complete class revamp on them and the Cra. Their writeup on the changes presented them as buffs, but as I don't play either class I have no clue whether that's true or not.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's on their front page. :effort:

http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/devblog/tickets/430436-class-revamp-new-iop-coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I've been trying to get my crap reorganized after the big skill swap, but about a third of my stuff is still in French. I'm certain I could puzzle my way through it, but :effort: So instead I'm waiting for them to patch the proper language into the client.

• Locked thread