Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ack!!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wide "All Day" Stancer let the cold rain stream down her face as she stepped off the landing craft, pausing a moment to remember her fallen comrades before ducking under a nearby building to light up a cigarette with her surviving squadmates.

gently caress it. They were all going to die soon enough anyways. She might as well trade off her collection of shinies to the poor dumb bastards she saw in the recruiting line getting ready to join what was looking to be a long war. Maybe they could catch them all. Her?

She just couldn't get the sound of Zot's screaming and whimpering out of her head.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Good.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
posting

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Haha, oh man, I just...you definitely didn't mean to say Good Posting, right?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
kill meeeee

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I'm glad my soldier is the class that gets a rocket launcher, enormous phallic objects are in keeping with my interests

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I just noticed for the first time that if you review a soldier's medals and they're a mec trooper, they have the mec arms still

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm here to shoot bullets and die horribly.

And I'm all out of bullets. :clint:

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I have played Space Invaders, thus I am qualified to be murdered by aliens in a video game.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I hope you didn't skip me, I want nothing more than to die

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I don't want somebody named after me to die though :(

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
glad i was wounded to avoid that clusterfuck

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i am doing incredibly well in fights and incredibly lovely in geoscape on normal in EW

did they ramp it up since EU or am I just loving up by not building constant relays

edit: i started one immediately when i had enough dudes and nigeria is about to leave anyway

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you need to sattelite spam in vanilla EW

apparently in long war you can't do that and don't need to do that, but in the original you want to get as many satellites as you can, as quickly as possible, because they give you money, engineers and scientists, and most importantly grant you access to hitler's labs in south america for insta-autopsies

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Should I just South America it if I restart? do you get other country bonuses once you've covered them? because it seems like instant autopsy/interrogation is a lot more useful now, esp. with that one skill that gives you a damage boost on anything you've autopsied

also I fuckin love MEC troopers and random skill trees, I did my EU playthrough all normallike

The Kestrel
Dec 16, 2013
Sign me up! I want to snipe some aliens.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
also how do i make snipers not suck, i just ignored them in EU

by the time I have them deployed in a position where they can see things (even with squadsight) my assaults and supports have cleaned them up and left

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Squad Sight + that ability that Killing exposed stuff is free + Flight Suits + whatever Aim boosts you can get and every single map becomes your snipers killing every single alien in 2 or 3 turns with 0 effort. snipers in vanilla are broken as poo poo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
so should i be playing with random skills on or off? it seems fun and neat but potentially bad

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hog Butcher posted:

so should i be playing with random skills on or off? it seems fun and neat but potentially bad

I don't like it but some people think it adds replayability and makes things kinda wacky fun like old x-com

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah i'd put random skills on for a second playthrough

if you are doing vanilla EW then i actually don't rate the hitler's labs ability all that much; autopsies only take a couple days if you're satellite spamming and getting millions of scientists lining up to poke and prod at your dozen captured mutons

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
getting shot by video game aliens is likely to be my greatest contribution to society

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'd love to get mind controlled and kill a couple friendlies before I die.

Sign me up.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
this sounds wicked, i'd love to get my organs melted by a plasma gun. on my first playthrough of this game, not a single soul survived the last mission. it was just psychic Colonel Wop Spaghetti shouting at a few corpses before everything went to hell.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oil Can Boyd posted:

AC i know you just mailed off a 3DS but if you have another one check this out i bet its right up your alley man, its steam punk x com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKB55QYdenE

Yeah I would definitely play this if I still had a 3ds!

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

I hope you didn't skip me, I want nothing more than to die

I don't think I skipped anyone, this is our roster right now

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

An Outsider shot a plasma rifle straight through the thick outer wall of the UFO to vaporize Hog Butcher on the very last turn of the mission.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Well, if I can live up to my XBL profile of "Area-of-Effect specced" then I will at least die a happy trooper

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Never don't be launching rockets for me. Rockets 24/7.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
am I a loving Jew

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I've benn drafted into the long war

what's the long war

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Congratulations Jackie D on looking like Ryan Gosling

Now you're leading a squad of rookies in to an abduction zone

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
My posting is such intense white noise I can't even get myself murdered by aliens. :negative:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I am going to die quickly

also I am going to die in this game

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

exmorte posted:

My posting is such intense white noise I can't even get myself murdered by aliens. :negative:

Same, I'm boring in all my iterations

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Hahaha, I scanned the roster and went "Oh man I am cleaning UP some fools"

and then I got cleaned up

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

Hog Butcher posted:

Should I just South America it if I restart? do you get other country bonuses once you've covered them? because it seems like instant autopsy/interrogation is a lot more useful now, esp. with that one skill that gives you a damage boost on anything you've autopsied

also I fuckin love MEC troopers and random skill trees, I did my EU playthrough all normallike

If you restart don't make your base in South America. Since you only need 2 sattelites to control it just rush your first couple into S. America with some interceptors. You don't really need instant autopsies from the very beginning since you don't encounter enough of a variety of aliens in the first couple of months to justify it, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Hog Butcher posted:

Hahaha, I scanned the roster and went "Oh man I am cleaning UP some fools"

and then I got cleaned up

I'm on my knees and running my hands through the ash pile that was your corpse and screaming to the sky, "HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Locked thread