Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Only 2 Saxo riders left in the peloton for Contador.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
They weren't kidding about this stage shaking things up.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

It's 'exploded', Phil.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
drat, look at that wind.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
loving hell I swear ITV must be breaking the limit of how many ads you're allowed to have per hour.

This stage is fun, it's making me want to visit Yorkshire.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

loving hell I swear ITV must be breaking the limit of how many ads you're allowed to have per hour.

They really are hammering the adverts arent they? And not just short minute breaks, but full 3-5 minute gaps.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

peanut- posted:

I want to visit Blubberhouses

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

They really are hammering the adverts arent they? And not just short minute breaks, but full 3-5 minute gaps.

I keep switching to French tv it's ridiculous, never seen it like that before on UK tv.

Btw re: that youtube video, the speeds the riders will hit on descents are in excess of 100Km/h

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i love sheffield

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

gently caress I want to be watching this stage. Stuck to live ticker cos I'm flying.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Contador doesn't look fussed. Sagan slipping.

Edit: no he's back!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

This got real.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

They need to attack to drop Sagan.

Edit: Attack Nibs!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm watching this in Italy and the commentators are going nuts for Nibili.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Can you stream the French TV coverage for free or is it geolocked? Would be interesting to see how different the shots are cut for the domestic audience. If indeed there is any difference.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
That was a great stage, so many attacks from the GC riders at the end, kinda unexpected, well done Nibali, great timing.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

None, same live feed packaged and distributed by France2. It's just when they cut to studio, that is at their own discretion, but now both France2 and ITV are showing the exact same replay of the final 1000m.

Edit: France2 showing more riders coming to the finish, whereas ITV went to another ad break...
Edit2: France2: the prize giving. ITV: More ads.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 6, 2014

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Big crowd watching the big screen in Sheffield. Didn't realise how far out the race finished when I got here though

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ITV love adverts, especially if they make you miss something important.

Great attack by nibali, perfect example of how you can get away if people start looking at each other

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Loved it today, amazing race to watch on the TV (even with the ad breaks every 10 minutes) and amazing to watch it live again.

Managed to get on a hill outside Haworth that had maybe 50,000 people on it (was 10+ deep for about a mile according to one of the PC's there), which had one hell of a view and the riders were going only 15/20 km/h up it. Really great atmosphere again, with a great crowd, e.g. doing Mexican waves, everyone shouting 'Chips, Chips, Chips' when the McCain vans came round, etc.

Funniest part though that was different than today, was the police were even more into it; Literally the last UK police car before the riders was playing the 'Allo 'Allo theme tune :)

Really glad the weather held out so Gods Own County could be shown in its true light as the best place on Earth to live.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're just cashing in while it's in England. Once they're back in France they'll be relegated to ITV4 and it might change.

Probably not, but it might.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Also once Nibs got away no one wanted to ride Sagan to the line.

Rodriguez finished nearly 15min down.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Looked to me like Sagan was betting on one of the GC contenders to at least close most of the gap to Nibbles. Don't really know how else Sagan could have played it. He couldn't cover every single move by himself.

Awesome showing by the main contenders. And I have to admit, it warmed my heart to see old man Horner do better today.

dema fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 6, 2014

davestones
May 7, 2009

goatface posted:

They're just cashing in while it's in England. Once they're back in France they'll be relegated to ITV4 and it might change.

Probably not, but it might.

I've watched both of the last two days on ITV4 and the ad breaks were long and numerous.

Still, all the crowds and support that everyone has given despite generally hating France has made me proud to be from Yorkshire though :britain: apart from the people on buttertubs and Holme moss crowding so much that the riders couldn't get through properly. They were probably southerners though.

Also there was a bonus naked spectator on one of the hill stages yesterday, can't find the still image though.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
There was a chap in just his underwear yesterday, which got a big cheer from the Leeds TV-spectators

dema
Aug 13, 2006

NBC's Tour De France iOS app is great. $15, no advertisements and HD. Also shows where the groups are on the profile and has a searchable ticker. Same interface as Tour of California and USA Pro Challenge apps.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol at Froome. He is loving scared of Contador.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

African AIDS cum posted:

Lol at Froome. He is loving scared of Contador.

Seems he put a nice dig in at the top of Jenkins Road and Contador couldnt follow him. Its going to be a good contest between those two.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

davestones posted:

I've watched both of the last two days on ITV4 and the ad breaks were long and numerous.

I think they were just showing the same thing on both channels.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Got back from Knaresborough (where the big polka-dot house was at the sharp left turn) in time to watch the rest of the race and the finish, uploaded 400+ pictures to a Google photos album!

clicky: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6032996404254251329?authkey=CIb774qDksrLmAE

I'll be going through the photos eventually but the Auto Awesome feature of Google photos is pretty cool:
the breakaway

front of the peloton

the Yorkshire cops have never been so popular:

and the mayor's house in Knaresborough that we were in front of:

ITV and BBC interviewed the mayor separately, and he and his friends had cameras and drinks in the upper floor windows

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Seems he put a nice dig in at the top of Jenkins Road and Contador couldnt follow him. Its going to be a good contest between those two.

That was my takeaway from it, too. I'm pretty firmly in the ABF camp, but I don't know how big a factor Contador is going to be.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Seen the full highlights and the crowds on the climbs were every bit as badly behaved as they are in France with people crowding the riders and jumping in front to get a photo. Great to see such huge numbers though.

Also after seeing it again I don't think Contador couldn't respond to froomes attack he just sees that TJ is closing him down and follows his wheel, never looked in trouble. Good stage though.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

There was no point in chasing down that move so close to the top and so far from the finish line, Froome would not be able to solo it. One of the other riders was going to cover it, Nibali had Fuglsang with him and Sagan would chase because he wanted the win. If Froome is strongest or Alberto is weak remains to be seen but we can't deduce that from that tiny burst.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006

On-board camera - Stage 1 (Leeds > Harrogate)

Tour de France 2014 - Stage 2 - (York > Sheffield) - Last 5 Km
Official - The Flamme rouge - The last kilometre - Stage 2 (York > Sheffield)
Official: EN - Summary - Stage 2 (York > Sheffield)

Full stage Result

Stage 3 Cambridge / Londres 155KM

Stage Analysis by Jean-michel Monin (Designer of stage3)

Mountain passes & hills

None

Intermediate Sprint

Finish

Stage 3 Winner odds

Weather

Starting dry with long sunny spells. Cloud developing to give scattered showers by the afternoon across northwestern areas, and these could become heavy for a time. Winds staying light.

Time schedule

Start : 12h15

Finish : 15h42 (47km/h) 15h51 (45km/h) 16h01 (43km/h) BST

For France TV, the website is https://www.france2.fr ( http://www.francetvsport.fr/tour-de-france/direct ) but the live feed may be geo restricted.
There are some pirate streams of France TV, http://www.stream-foot.info/channel4.html (or /channel2.html), be careful though, adwares and it doesn't work with adblock on. ( http://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/ for a list of all tdf streams)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is Contador really a favourite because lmao

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think it was more of a psychological mark by Froome. Everyones been saying he's weak and that little dig lets everyone know he's still there.

My take from the day was just how piss weak Tinkoff Saxo are. Contador had no-one with him with 2 climbs to go.

Todays stage was pretty good and I'm really glad we havent had 5 pancake flat stages or a ridiculously short prologue/team time trial to ruin our fun.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
It was desperation stuff from Froome. A meaningless waste of energy after Contador hosed him at the Dauphine. He is mentally and physically frail.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We shall see.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Contador being a competitor is a massive joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

dema posted:

NBC's Tour De France iOS app is great. $15, no advertisements and HD. Also shows where the groups are on the profile and has a searchable ticker. Same interface as Tour of California and USA Pro Challenge apps.

Do you know if you're able to use airplay with it?