Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Didnt the last guy eat too much snow tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Aw gently caress, Team Human Rights Abuse wins a stage :(

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

God drat I'm traveling today and cycling turns into a day time drama.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Il Giro - Prison rules

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Think them splitting TDF leadership repeatedly with Valverde to the detriment of Quintana may have factored into his decision.

If Contador couldn't do it in his prime I'm not sure Quintana, who has yet to really show an ability to dominate consistently can. Not even beginning to mention Sky's focus on the Tour putting him at an immense handicap.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I've stopped giving a drat about the story until the heads start rolling but did he ever come out publicly in support of Brailsford? Must be an awesome work environment in Team Sky.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

EPO too cheap, effective and easy to use to give up. Only negative is if they get tested in the glow period after a dose. Hence the value of far flung training camps 👍

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

If it's OOC like I read on CN then most likely at home. Poor dude must've know he was toast when he opened the door.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Do you think Tinkov is still salty about Contador?

https://twitter.com/olegtinkov/status/880910791549083649

Russian oligarch calls someone greedy without a hint of irony.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Xabi posted:

I'm a big fan of the bikini bottom bibs @ BMC. Really let's you study the curves of the riders.

How could you post this without including at least one image?!

Thread rules need to be updated.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Missing all the TDF action in Nepal, took me an hour to download an 80mb file this evening.

If Aru has the legs to challenge I'm betting the British press will fall over themselves to mention Astana's past.

Also read after the G20 Trump will be in France for Bastillé day, prior to reading that I'd have been surprised if Macron wasn't l'invité du jour at the Tour that day. Now that Macron has company I'm doubting ASO will extend the invite to include the visitor but stranger things have happened.

Finally, I missed the stage a few days ago, did Quintana look cooked when the rest went up the road on Planche? Wondering if he thinks he can ride himself into form, he's usually strong in the 3rd week.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

There's also the possibility of Boonen being off his game after a long night railing beak at a 16yr old's birthday party.

Essential pro cycling reading: Breaking the Chain

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

Later in the book he reveals that Luigi wasn't Cancellara. It was Thomas Dekker. At least I think I'm remembering that footnote correctly.

Not the first time I've heard that rumour.

That said Canc is not a happy bunny about the book.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I'm really shocked about these findings. The one team expected to be clean and beyond reproach...

No worries though, their next totally credible project Geraint is pretty much ready.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I wonder if any of this would have come to light with Cookson still at the helm. Makes his bumbling about Sky the other week even better.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Remember Armstrong and people refusing to believe the hero they defended for so long was actually just another sporting fraud.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

There was also the same accusations of coverup during the Contador positive, the news only became public shortly after the press, I think German, discovered the story and were preparing to publish.

Xabi posted:

Chris "I have never failed a test" Froome has come out in full force to explain why his body is chock-full of drugs:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-i-havent-broken-any-rules/

Ross Tucker from sportsscientists.com

quote:

Chris Froome and disease sure are good for one another. The story is that his asthma flared up at the Vuelta, hence the change in dosage. There was also the chest infection for which he took prednisone a few years back – most people don’t dominate the most challenging endurance events in the world when they are in optimal health, but Froome does it when at his worst. Wiggins, recall, was so stricken that he needed emergency meds flown in via Jiffy Bag, and he went on to win the Tour de France?

Being ill is a tremendous benefit for an elite Grand Tour cyclist. Quintana and Nibali should try it. Either that, or pharmaceutical companies are getting great testimonials for how well they work.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Carlos Sastre

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

The reasoned decision in the Armstrong case was pretty informative.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

McQuaid is said to be wanted for questioning in relation to a drive by on Friday evening

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mcquaid-froomes-salbutamol-case-is-troubling-and-worrying/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

If this is at the line, then it's clear enough:

Maybe the perspective is at play here but it looks like Demare won by virtue of having a bigger frame.