Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

Withnail posted:

Also, Ligget continually trying to blame Cancellara for the Cavendish crash.

How would that work exactly? Did they have to go around him or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

He's ridden good TT's with doing that as well.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Smirr posted:

Marcel Kittel ‏@marcelkittel 27s
Ouch, another tough day!! Felt like my brakes rubbed on my rims today. Checked it, result: brakes are fine, I'm just a weak pussy.

lol

I guess he's joking about Belkin's Mollema who blamed the Bianchi TT bikes to mess up their TdF time trial because the brake rubbed against the rim.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I realize in a sense that Jens Voights attempt at the hour record is a little bit of an inside joke (however loving much I would like to hime actually make it), but can anyone tell me why his bike actually has a broad handlebar? I understand it's nessecary for the start, but why not just make a detachable bar that you can toss after two rounds?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Dunno, apart from the crank I get lovely tinkles al over my upper body

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Coming sunday

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Which is weird because on the one hand they use the argument that the teams are seperate and that Vino isn't even the continental tour team manager, but on the other hand he is able to suspend the whole team. Astana is hosed, I won't be surprised if more positives show up, apparently the UCI is running some advanced diagnostics against all astana pee. Such a shame for Lars Boom, finally making his big move away from Belkin...

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I know, just saying that they're already using the argument of seperate teams even while it's obv bull.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Probably the most entertaining race I have seen in years. Had epic suffering, great tactics, crashes, a 30km long final, can't wish for much more.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Dutch media are reporting the UCI has revoked astana's world tour license.
E; beaten

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Paddyb posted:

Imagine being in a pileup like the Scheldeprijs recently. Now imagine everyone has strapped two deli meat slicer blades to their bike.

I just imagined it. Nothing happened.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I'm not sure what they can do with them. By their nature the hills are short enough that some sprinters can even stay the distance. They'd need something like a 6-10km drag to really make it selective and make it worth going on the attack. As it is, you can get away but at most build up a few seconds of advantage which the pack will just eat back up. Hence why so few people are trying to go for it from range and why they've all been effectively mass sprints to the end.

The answer is to not just keep adding 1-2km lumps since they ultimately don't do anything.

There's this theory that you actually need a +/-10km flat stretch at the end to force an early start to the final because if you want to win (and your not a sprinter) you have to make a difference before that stretch and you have to use an escape to get it done.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Sepulveda, 19th, has been disqualified for hopping in a team car: http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/stage-14/news/int/hubert-eduardo-was-ruled-out-of-the-race.html

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

12 hilly stages and only one HC top finish might be an interesting experiment

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Moto that hit Fuglsang was really going for it today:
http://gfycat.com/ColorfulKindGeese

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Gibbo posted:

It's just the grand tours that are already questionably low on entertainment value because nobody does anything risky are even more boring thanks to the sky Train.

This isn't caused by Sky, but by the shitload of worldtour points that can be earned for finishing in the top 10 overall.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Congrats on watching your first tour ever

I thought the first and third week were excellent, not boring at all.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I like how everyones celebrating a noted time trialist out climbing the best climbers in the world lol.

He's been pretty all round, just started really really working on his time trialling since it was known that the tour would start in Utrecht. I think he's still won more road races than time trials.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I think that by comparing what he puts out against his time you can calculate his aerodynamic benefits relative to other riders. I'm not exactly sure why that can hurt him though. Maybe it can make other riders realize they can be just as fast given the proper tt position and training?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Ten dam is leaving lotto-jumbo for giant to help dumoulin, but mainly because they will allow him to live and train in California. He'll travel to Europe for the big tours. Seems like a good move all around.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I once spoke with a Swiss dude who'd go to the same promising young athlete camps as fabs and he said he is the dumbest jockiest human being he ever came across. He had a funny story to back it up as well, but I forget because i'm dumb.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Just keeping the Omerta in place, still not OK to confess your doping years after the fact in a tv interview.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Sinkeldam has broken his shoulderblade anyway so not just cuts and bruises. Chad Haga can already joke again: "The best way to lose weight is headbutting a windshield, you can't eat for days" (Twitter)

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Eye witnesses describe a motor build in the bottom bracket of 19 year old Belgian Femke Van den Driessche.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Her team (her dad) claims it wasn't her bike, but someone from her entourage brought it in to the material zone, it wasn't meant for her to ride on.

LOL

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I'll be surprised if more than 20 riders finish tomorrow given the state of the course and the forecast.

Do you have an article to support that statement (in Dutch is fine)? Is the course really neglected and are we expecting rain?

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I'm gonna go with Lars Boom as a surprise if he doesn't get hosed with mechanicals like the last few years. He seems to be in surprisingly good form coming in 11th in Flanders with 4 flats, one of which in the final. He hasn;t won poo poo since joining big doping so let's see what happens tomorrow.
What the hell is up with the former golden trio Stybar, Booenen, Terpstra. They seem soooooo weak

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

What an epic race, I'm just floored about how good that final was. Nothing's going to top this this year.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

In every TT he has started there has always been someone quicker than Dumoulin this season.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

But he wins so that's nice

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Dumoulin abandon.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Sky is just dominating the TdF, nothing else at this point. They've won one classic in their entire existence. Let them spend their money I don't see the problem.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I dont envy the Dutch team captain on this one. We have the belgian problem this games, where they could never choose between Gilbert and Van Avermaet. Now it's Poels, Mollema, Kruiswijk and Dumoulin and they can all win this thing. We'll except for Kruiswijk of course because he never wins.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

Riders don't seem to be supporting it either. Weird.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

But they are the ones that are screaming smaller pelotons after every crash. Apparently the pelotons must be smaller but my team must stay the same size... Thought that through brilliantly.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

What a poo poo show.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUGNKwcbbDw

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/MRasmussen1974/status/843127395372728320

Cav looked super heavy

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

I thought that was some solid entertainment in the last ten km. Edge of your seat stuff. From the way dumoulin got denied by the sky train to the super close sprint. Good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

The tour ride (end of may) is very nice, but the race is absolute shite yeah