Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Not stalking you or anything.

Paddyb posted:

Stybar is becoming what Sagan was supposed to have become.

Truth. Sagan is massively overrated and gets sackridden like 1000% too much, Stybar is grouse as.

Paddyb posted:

List of sprinters, lol Mtn Qhubekca

Fuckin love how they dont even bother including Matt Goss on their sprinters lol

Oh and something about doping goes here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

I feel better about the times Porte has blown past me on local roads, every time he wins something.

Also without mile after mile of fat TT action Indurain would have less TdF's than Andy Schleck. Or Oscar Pereiro.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Ive a suspicion Matthews may be a bit of a knob, but I reckon hes about where Sagan was 4 years or so ago. Hes quick enough outright to win some pure sprints, but also good enough over those middle range lumps to win things where most other sprinters get flicked off.

I dont know if OGE plan on running him on cobbles or more of the Ardennes side of things, or maybe neither. IDK, but I hes probably got a classic in him somewhere.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

So whos EQS strategy guy? Coz he better be updating his resume.

I hope that ferrari guy who got flicked for making one wrong pitstop call for Alonso doesnt watch cycling because hed be having a month long brain aneurysm.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

That was one of the slowest, wobbliest, most knackeredest 'sprints' Ive seen in a while. Top 4 looked like places 1001-1004 finishing an ironman triathlon.

Obligatory 'Sagan is overrated'.
Complimentary 'Lol wiggo'.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

gently caress yeah purito. Shame he's never gonna win a GT tho :(

Edit: my bullshit work starts at 5am on Mondays which means I can't watch any live cycling on Sunday's. Or euro F1. It makes me sad :(

:(

Box Hill Strangler fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 11, 2015

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

As expected, the riders that jumped the level crossing have been given a pass because there were so many of them and not all of them were possible to be identified.

same as with doping

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

10 km after a lump just gives us another Milan-San remo. Amstel is ok coz it's basically a non cobbled race for sprinters who can get up hills. LBL is ok coz it's a longer climb but still leaves it open to hilly sprinters as well as puncheurs.

The problem with la flèche is that it's the same but with a hill too hard for sprinters so it's basically a climbing sprint (which is ok coz it's different, but dull to watch). But if you want a climbing classic just have a 1 day race that finishes on top of Mont Ventoux and be done with it.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Loved romandie carrying on the latest craze of 'cars killing cyclists' except cranking it up a notch with the loving medical car dooring a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seOOdwuerC0

:downsbravo:

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Gibbo posted:

What's wrong with you? The GTs are the worst time of the year.

I. for one, am looking forward to SKY Pro Cycling Team strangling the gently caress out of at least 2 GTs this year through innovations such as 'marginal gains', and techniques such as 'not using the seat at all when the gradient is above 6%'.

But to answer the question. Astana: still dodgy. SKY: still boring. Froome: still dumb as a box of hammers. Wiggins and Evans: dead or something idk. Valverde: still winning stuff thats not a GT. Contador and Qintana: still our only hopes. Frenchmen: still overrated. Rodriguez: Still cool as gently caress and I will fight you if you disagree, but still wont win a GT because he is purito Rodriguez.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Viviani is alright.

He was better when he wasn't with Sky tho.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

I got a very Wout Weylandts when I forst saw that and how he was ragdollish when that dude literally scooped him up off the ground. Glad hes not dead.

Gibbo posted:

Goddamn. I thought the Giro was supposed to be the safer of the GTs

lol the giro was the one where they were gonna send them down a soft edged dirt road mountain decent with alpine ski style catch fencing because there were no barriers between the riders and 1 million foot drop off a cliff.
EDIT: oh in regards to idiots, well then itd be the vuelta because theres only ever 2 guys and a dog in the middle of a semi-desert that watch that GT.

The giro is and always has been the maddest of them all. Its also why it rules.

gently caress idiots on fixies though. Its always an idiot on a fixie that causes problems.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

That arm break.

Im sitting here looking at him on the ground and the initial angle just couldnt be computed by my brain.

Oh, hes just propped up on his elbow, might be winded. But something doesnt look right. Why is his right elbow on his left arm because it cant work any other way unl... :stonk:

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Remember when Jens crashed and had to ride a bike 15 sizes too small for him that a small babby child donated to him roadside, so as he could finish that stage in the Tour? Im pretty sure there will be a ruling to Retrospectively Execute Jens based on this precedent.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Giro fuckin stinks this year.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

the last weekend was kinda ok but this GT seemed 3 months long and nothing happened. 4.5/10 which includes an extra 1.5 for bert winning.

We must be due for a decent TdF, its been what? 4 years since anything that wasnt a foregone conclusion.

Preemptive 'gently caress sky'.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

SKY also use jaguars as team cars which tells you all you really need to know.

hour record attempts are like watching nascar only more boring and with less chance of death.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

idk why but im finding it hard to get hyped about the tour for the first time in ages (even when we knew wigs and froome were gonna win).

Nibbles had his turn, quintana is really just the 'enemy of my enemy' pick and not much else, gently caress froome and if bert wins it will be a massive piss rip. i guess what im saying is is that we need another oscar pereiro deal, including a landis style meltdown from someone (froome lol).

Also, 10 days to hit proper mountains? wtf. and hitting up the massif central and no ventoux? wtf

Finaly 870 euro for that cancellara scrap LMAO

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

reminder: chris froome won a tour without learning how to piss on a bike.

infact i bet he does, just triathlon style the dirty fucker

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

lol if you think tommy would survive a proper festina style raid. remember when he stuck with evans and bert through the alps and wore yellow for 11 days, yeah...

hes cool though so im ok with that.

i still want a pereiro style winner, so idk maybe, oh ok yeah lets have tom win it.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

never fails to surprise me how 'professional' gc riders ALWAYS lose dumb time in crosswinds. without fail. the only other common theme is that it never happens to bert. he didnt get caught out in that belkin v movistar handbag slapfight in 13, and im pretty sure he caused the breaks/loses in that stage in 09(?)

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

ah poo poo i remembered it back to front with bert/lance.

proves my point even better though!

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

LordPants posted:

This sentence does not make sense.

Purito is the best.

not empty quotin

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

so when froome wins will 19 days in yellow be a record or was that nibbles did last year?

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

as far as first weeks go its ok. shame about the froomening.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

As hilarious as this is, I can't see how on earth he thought it was froomes fault.
He was the one that piled into froome after being smashed into from his left :psyduck:

tbf if youre laying on the ground in a pile with other cyclists and one of them is froome its a pretty logical conclusion to jump to.

also today i learned that if a cow is sitting down its a sign of rain. thanks tdf coverage!

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

gently caress froome

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

paperwind posted:

I would not drat someone based on HR data alone. My HRM sometimes inexplicably holds at too high or too low a number without changing for like up to 30 minutes, before it finally starts accurately recording me. It's plausible enough an explanation that you can't nail Froome to the cross for suspect HR data.

same but mine is a garmin edge and not whatever the gently caress sky have. with all their marginal gains poo poo im sure theyve got HR spikes/freezes covered.

edit: seems i need posting PEDs, or atleast learn to refresh after being AWOL

what im saying is with their stuff i doubt a lack of HR change is due to equipment

Box Hill Strangler fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 14, 2015

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

just watched the stage

lol

what really pisses me off (coz really, you cant help but just laugh at most of it) is that we sat through 10 'transitional' days to start the loving tour and the first day out BOOM over. FFS man, if youd at least leave it till like stage 18 or something you prick.

Aussie post stage talking heads saying sky have the best 'sports science' LOL. well yeah, chemistry and biology are science i spose.

Box Hill Strangler fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 15, 2015

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

sagans finish looked like a betting fix was in.

ive given up and am watching this like its classics season with a race every day. skys poo poo irks me less that way.

also purito :3:

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

last night robbie mcewan got soooo close to putting his finger on it then veered off like a cavendish sprint.

he was all "the reason sky got drenched in piss was coz people lived through and remember the armstrong era........... and the french hate it when foreigners come in and dominate le tour"

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

sagan might go down hill fast but hes still a fuckhead who gets sack ridden way to hard and still cant win anything (races in america dont count). oh, well, unless you count green jerseys since they decided it was boring and changed the point setup so all sagan has to do is get over some hills occasionally and hoover up 25 points at a pop and stroll in to paris with a 100 point lead.

Froome/sagan yellow/green combos is about what cycling deserves atm.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

moser is, indeed, pretty cool. as is viviani. cannondale only had enough coolness for 2 young dudes which is why sagan missed out.

as for sagan being better than my favuorite rider, thats impossible because my favourite rider is purito.

sigh. dark times ahead coz he cant be far off retirement.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

gently caress Froome

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Ill probably watch the chicks race it out and then watch the most boring F1 race of the year than watch the froome nobgobbling tonight.

Vuelta is probably gonna be poo poo too. Im trying to work out whos in it. Froome wont, ports done the 2 gt's, bert is cooked... I guess weve got purito, maybe quintana and nibbles. Did valverde do the giro? Maybe uran (lol remember how he went in equal fave for the giro last year and has done sweet FA since?). Is pozzivivos face fixed yet? Aru.

Thats all pretty uninspiring, a mix of oldies and people half cooked. Maybe itll give us a good race because of it but im not hopeful.

edit: also Adam Hansen vs beer Part 2 https://twitter.com/HansenAdam/status/625054998087487488

Box Hill Strangler fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 26, 2015

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

best time of the year.... 342 days till we need to worry about froome winning something.

idk how you can disagree with the fact this race was dull as piss. there was ZERO chance of an actual race after the first mountain stage. wth is that if not boring. same for green. individual stages might have been ok but the RACE sucked.

Box Hill Strangler fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 27, 2015

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

i dont even know why porte would want to go to BMC or why BMC would want him. guess that means it makes perfect sense.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

yeah you often have a single team doing multiple overlapping events.

Doesnt the ToC still directly clash with the giro? in fact didnt they move it into a clash? always seemed dumb to me but wtf do i know (not much)

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

gabensraum posted:

I don't know how interested you all are in track cycling, but I have to share this with someone who might enjoy it. I grew up hearing about how Danny Clark won my home-town's annual marquee event from scratch after being half a lap behind at the bell. I always presumed it was exaggerated and have looked for the footage for years and it has recently been put on youtube. Also in the race is Bradley Wiggins' father, Gary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnPp31peaYU

lol i can see my old house in this vid

god burnie was (is?) a shithole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

if teejay so good then why bmc porte?