Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Looking forward to quintana and valverde attacking each other today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Madrazowns

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Uran, Roche, Carthy, de la Porte have all retired after a crash. Tony Martin is currently looking like he's riding with assless chaps

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

Good job EF still have teejay to rely on
:v:

He's just crashed

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

good lord at the EF carnage, considering they actually sent a good team to the race

I feel so bad for them.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Why do the commentators still doggedly insist quintana and valverde are working together? Has that ever been true?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Brutal ramp at the end. Was great seeing them all side by side for abit. Classic valverde

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Roglic looked good and he's got the stronger team. Should be some good battles in the mountains

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Roglic is brutally owning everyone, pogacar flying and quintana is shipping huge amounts of time

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Are you allowed to draft in a TT like lopez did there?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Watched stage 13 and that has to be one of the most brutal climbs I've seen. Looked absolutely horrible. God bless la vuelta

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/Sammmy_Be/status/1170615216406745090?s=19

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I guess landing in a pond ment it didn't hurt as much. 1st one is absolutely the result of a super aggressive TT position that doesn't let them see the road ahead.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

Rohan Dennis just openly riding a BMC bike now

whats the deal with equipment when you're riding in national teams? are you supposed to stick with your team stuff?

Looks like he's got a team BMC helmet on too

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

What are they going to do, fire him?

i think that's his plan

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

Seems pretty win-win from his point of view.

Well the flipside is if you're going to sign him you're taking the risk on of your star riders is going to storm out of a race because he doesn't like the sponsor you had to take to keep your team going

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

lol 1: those ponds

lol 2: ireland knocking off the lux rider

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The UCI should supply black rain capes with country flags on them for all the teams. It's dumb having a mix of national and club kit

Alternatively: make them race in the kit of their home cycling club

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Wait lmao what the gently caress is going on?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

this is kinda farcical

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

that american lad looks like his bike is way too small

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

i've converted my speedplays to ti spindles in the gaps in pictures and they're done now so perfect timing for the helicopter to be back up

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

The peloton look out of ideas here.

too many people have dropped out. just doesn't have the speed advantage they'd have if everyone hadn't said gently caress this and gone to the pub

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

that's going to be a loooong 11k back

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

No race radios claim another bunch of idiots. They only started working when they realised how far back they were still.

gap increased with 10km to go lmao

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

trentin definitely looks the freshest

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

anyone that finished that needs a jersey tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Title for the new thread (someone maek pls)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Assassination of Philip Gilbert by the Coward Greg van Avermaet

re Dennis:
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahrain-merida-terminate-rohan-dennis-contract-with-immediate-effect/

This has it that he had an offer from CCC but he felt it was too low. Probably going to be even lower now he's a free agent

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 30, 2019