Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Are there any new cool drugs or is it the same boring stuff as before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I broke down and paid the money so I can watch 4-6 hours of this every single day forever, at work. I'm excited

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

serious gaylord posted:

To be fair, the tv coverage is just garbage in the states its like its done by amateurs.

I really appreciate the quaintness, compared to how it's covered at home, in France. It's sweet.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

serious gaylord posted:

Actually, the tv coverage is probably one of the main reasons cycling is still as small as it is. Compared to almost any other televised sport its in the dark ages.

I still love it. It makes me think that this must be what sports coverage was like in the earliest days of tv, when announcers created a radio style running narrative and the images were flavor

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

God drat

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Withnail posted:

I've done worse on a cycling show when I rolled a tire at 50mph. If you think about it, it's way better to expend the friction needed to stop on a leather cycling shoe than lycra/skin.

Also multiple other riders reported that Saxo was taking risks trying to move up to the front when Contador crashed, which sounds the most likely of any scenario.

Yeah. And there's no textile/leather to take the abrasion, normally you associate that brutality to motorcycle crashes. I've gone pretty fast on a dh bike, but doing it on a road bike in lycra is terrifying to me.

My worst equipment thing was accidentally pulling a wheelie going downhill while trailriding, landing right on my back. My camelback popped like a balloon and probably saved my back.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Smirr posted:

Now the entire goddamn breakaway crashed in a corner. That part's going to be a massacre when the peloton gets there

oh, there we are. Not as bad as I thought, but still some crashes

It's been pretty silly

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

ukle posted:

They wont be, as Sky aren't idiots. Unless there is a massive breakthrough in science you can't test for the way people now dope, well the ones who have any resources and knowledge. I kind of expect there to be a change to the rules on doping in a few years at it really is game over as far as testing is concerned and they need to move to a semi prohibition regime and allowing the 'safe' forms of doping.

Everyone now dopes, as its just so easy and the results in all sports over the past 5+ years show it.

What's the state of the art in doping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is there a good place for streams?