Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm watching this in Italy and the commentators are going nuts for Nibili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was saying Froo-oome

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was saying Froo-ome

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Since I pretty much only pay attention to the Tour de France I'm not 100% on the scuttlebutt around Sky. I totally get hating the boring team that spends and wins the most with the emotionless uninspiring leader ever but is the implication that they have some crazy secret sauce chemistry that the other teams don't? If a full half their team is better at climbing than everyone else in the world combined that does look super shady. The TV commentators are only willing to say "Sky is setting a super hard tempo" but since drafting isn't as much of an issue on climbs I don't get what the point is other than showing the rest of the peleton "we're geared up so much if you try anything we'll go even faster." Is the little bit of draft Froome gets from his teammates really making a difference? They get their wattage/pace from the team so it's not like the domestiques know something Froome/Thomas don't.

Again, I'm a super casual fan so I don't know too much.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Highlight of today’s stage coverage was Paul awkwardly plugging “Skyscraper” then when they showed a castle and he commented “well there’s a building that’s never burned down” and Phil goes “well actually, in 1651...”

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

This was an awesome stage. That was the slowest I’ve ever seen riders going across a finish line.

I don’t hate Teejay, he just got waaaaay too much screen time on Versus/NBC a few years back when it looked like he might make the podium. Nowadays it’s just tradition to see him crack every year.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I managed to avoid spoilers today and saw there were like 250 posts and figured something wild happened but that’s definitely not what I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think they also did a time trial up telegraph hill which is only 250 feet but hilariously steep.