Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Stunning OP. Top notch.

Dan Lloyd and some other guy rode stage 2 (and probably others but this is the only one I watched) and it looks beautiful. Might be a good stage. Hopefully it is sunny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De5hf1DugDw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

WEREWAIF posted:

Are there any new cool drugs or is it the same boring stuff as before?

They have a test for AICAR now and will be testing old samples soon so I can imagine some nervous riders around

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

UCI is basically controlled by Sky/British Cycling now. Worse than the Lance days.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Impey has been pinched for pissing hot. Orica have dropped him completely.

Fellow South African and BFF of Chris Froome isnt he

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The Kimmage interview of Froome (and his fiancee who for some reason sat in on the interview and self importantly answered a ton of the questions) is pretty legendary

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/cyclist-chris-froome-is-right-in-the-eye-of-the-storm-30391816.html part 1

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/paul-kimmage-chris-froome-in-the-eye-of-the-storm-part-2-30394950.html part 2

He seems like a nice enough guy, just kinda dumb with zero self awareness who is being led by his stagemom fiance whose own mother is a steroid enthusiast/cyclist :nms: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150091078529255&set=pb.766174254.-2207520000.1404330098.&type=3&theater

All in all a sad story.

quote:

Chris Froome: I’m sure there’s going to be another product next year. Right now, everyone is talking about Xenon gas or something but I’ve no idea how it works. New products are always going to come out, but I don’t have a (guilty) conscience. I’ve never used any products like that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol at Froome. He is loving scared of Contador.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It was desperation stuff from Froome. A meaningless waste of energy after Contador hosed him at the Dauphine. He is mentally and physically frail.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

British women you get an L for this http://vine.co/v/MPzvggEvOWZ

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Are British people incapable of not standing in the road?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

dema posted:

Sure looks like the Astana guy set that off when he stood and let his bike surge back. Poor form. The guy behind him then reacted and took out Froomes front wheel.

edit; maybe the Astana guy was just reacting to the person in front of him moving over.

/shrug
I think it was just the one dude bumping the rider next to him because he was crowding. Doesn't look like a reaction to anything else.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Feel really bad for him

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Froome is hosed, can't zone out on painkillers and stare at your SRM all day in conditions like this.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

We might have a good race now

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The perils of being a human skeleton

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Vando posted:

Is it really though?

It isn't

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Yes. Froome vs Contador was looking like it was going to be one of the great fights.

Nah, Contador already brutally owned him and destroyed him physically and mentally. Now all Alberto has to do is get with Froome's shrew to complete the cucking.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

goatface posted:

The snails in his lungs would all bounce around.

Haha

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

If anyone feels bad for Froome just watch Ventoux last year and it will melt away

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Somewhere in the alps a soigneur sighs and unplugs the fridge full of blood bags

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Seeing a 2% bodyfat freak on cobbles would have been hilarious however

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jose posted:

I thought he threw his toys out the pram after being told they were going with Froome again instead of him and refused to take part

They're a soap opera poo poo show

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Who can gain time here for GC, I could see Talansky doing good, especially if he latches on to Navardauskas through the cobbles

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Froome had to be out of his loving mind on tramadol, Probably doesn't realize he's in the car now

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Garmin are merging with Cannondale next year and supposedly going to sign Wiggins

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Nibali is alpha as hell. That podium girl spurning has motivated him, he is riding with a fire in his belly.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Nibali's gone down now.

And Eurosport cut to commercial right as it happened

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I saw half a replay of him untangling himself from another Astana rider. What happened?

Nothing major just had to unclip, dude can handle a bike, and, probably a woman as well :D

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I loving love this stage, great tour so far, they should start in yorkshire every year.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

There will be a crash on that corner

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Nibali owns. Also lol at the thought Froome could handle cobbles with a broken wrist

It wasn't broken they said he's just a big wuss. Astana riding like loving heroes today

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Talansky has ~20 seconds on group Contador

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Jakob Fuglsang looking tight as hell. Bossing it for sure

He was looking huge, nice shoulders and traps

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Astana was just murdering it all day, put pressure on Froome and Contador from the opening and cracked both. Brilliant stuff.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Van Garderen a oval office in his interview with NBC today, bit of a drama queen crybaby

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

This some amazing week for Schadenfreude, first Brazil getting humiliated and now this, I'm going to OD!

Same my friend

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

French TV saying Froome's x-ray last night showed a hair line fracture, if true sending him out today was just stupid.

I think they will go with this story to make Froome look like he toughed it out, but you could hear the team and riders telling him to go on and he just threw a fit and got in the car. I bet the most hurt thing is his feelings. Very mentally weak.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

goatface posted:

I thought Froome was properly hurt, he looked like he wanted to cry on one of his team's shoulder like a Brazilian footballer.

He literally cried when people were tweeting about his asthma inhaler

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

Speaking of twitter how's his GF fighting the good fight against the hordes?

She deleted her account during the Dauphine lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Crystael posted:

If any of you lot busy Froome-bashing think there was nothing suspicious about Nibali and his mountain domestiques dropping 2 of the best classics riders of their generation on the flat then you're out of your loving minds. Ridiculous scenes.

They are totally clean riders for sure, shame there isn't a PED that gives one the ability to ride a bike in rain or Froome might still be in the race haha.