Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
They need to formally take Tejay's Montana citizenship away from him because he is soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lance Armstrong won 7 tours by winning the sprint on the champs elysee. Lol at the other guys tiring themselves out in the mountains.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

quote:

He told TeamSky.com: “I’m devastated to have to pull out of the race. It was the right thing to do after crashing again and I knew that I couldn’t carry on.
“I’m going to fly home tonight and over the next few days I’ll go for some more scans on my wrist to find out exactly what injuries I’ve sustained.

“The X-ray last night didn't show an obvious fracture and I wanted to race today, but clearly I was in pain and we put heavy strapping on the left wrist from the start. It’s too early to say for definite when I’ll be back on the bike, I’m just going to concentrate on getting back to full fitness.

He said: “Chris first suffered a fall yesterday and landed on his left wrist. Initial X-rays were reassuring, but with the nature of the bones involved at the wrist, it was prudent to keep an open mind on any potential fracture that might not have been evident straight away.

“Chris underwent appropriate medical treatment last night, and again this morning, and he was able to start today’s stage.

“Unfortunately, due to the nature and location of Chris's injury, it made controlling the bike difficult, and with the treacherous conditions, the decision was taken between Chris and I to withdraw from the race.

“Chris is bitterly disappointed but recognises that it was the right thing to do. He will now return home and undergo more extensive investigations. We will treat him as appropriate for his injuries and hope to see him back on the bike in the very near future.”

Also re watched when he abandons, he stand ps there waiting for the car just looking dejected, car pulls up and he gives the I'm done sign, then realizes he should act like he's in pain so winces a bit.

At the finish when they interviewed Geraint Thomas after was the first he heard Froome abandoned he had an interesting reaction, something like "oh thats disappointing for him" didn't seem to care .

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Intergortion posted:

Ah yes, I'm sure Geraint Thomas was completely unaware that his team leader abandoned the race.

No arguments about Froome being a little bitch who can't handle his bike though

Well given he said exactly that, he did.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I wonder if they could develop disc brakes where you don't have to worry about burns in a pileup situation

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I like Degenkolb today for no reason

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

They need to stop mentioning Mark Renshaw as someone who has a chance to win. Dude is nothing more than a leadout man and will never win anything meaningful

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gregor Samsa posted:

City is garbage, but much of the state is very pretty and rideable, especially in the fall.

Takes a ton of money to host a race, pay to put up teams, all the police for road closures etc. Tour of California doesn't make money and has been in danger of being cancelled quite a lot, there's very little TV interest in the sport here too

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

To be fair, the tv coverage is just garbage in the states its like its done by amateurs.

True

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

OP any chance you could embed the full stage profile with these previews?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Xabi posted:

What is that female journalist looking at?

Quadzilla

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

This is a stage Sagan might have a chance at too. Very surprised.

Sagan wouldnt win a stage like this in a billion years

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

So much better having a chill fratty team like Astana in yellow. If Sky had it we'd be watching Christian Knees or whoever driving a boring procession up these climbs ensuring nobody gets off the front or has any fun.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tony Martin wants to get the stage over so he can get back and have his piss test and interviews done before the world cup final comes on. Been there.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I've never been brave enough to try the suicide tuck.

Get on skiing tech

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Its actually safer, the lower your center of gravity is on a descent the better

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Martin looks cooked

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Clugg posted:

Cracking ride though, he's been leading for 150km. Good on him.

Yeah he owns

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

tylertfb posted:

Also LMAO if you are too wimpy to do that PRO aero tuck.

They aint bout that west coast life

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TJVG could be a contender for overall if not for his crashes probably. Would be funny if Horner went full retard and won. I still don't think Nibali is in great climbing shape

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

If Porte wins I will just have to kill myself

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

Kwi... needs to attack on this Col or they are going to get swallowed up.

I think they will anyway seems like

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I wish Tony Martin would become a classics man

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Xabi posted:

Why hasn't he? The beast needs his classics IMO.

The cobbles. Has aspergers probably like most germans. I think he gets caught up counting all of them as he goes by.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Nibali has real panache. Gotta respect that. Good poo poo this

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Allyn posted:

TJVG only won white because of all the TT kms that year, like Wiggins but even more extreme. Dude is not a good enough climber (or at least not elite)

I think he is in much better shape now and on the winners program, team believed in him enough to make him sole leader and not bring Evans

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Clugg posted:

Yeah unless his bike literally fails like you said I can't see anyone else winning. He has fantastic bike control so I can't see him crashing out, and now that Contador's gone there's nobody left to challenge him in the mountains.

Great finish, too good.

Plenty of big days in the mountains left, anything can happen.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Nibalis time was 30 seconds slower than Froomes on this climb

Lol, that loving mutant piece of poo poo I'm glad he's gone.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TJ put 3 seconds into Porte today. Btw when Froome did this last wasn't it so hot the road was melting?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

LeMond thinks its carbon rims causing all these crashes.

He's real bad on tv isnt he. But he is probably right there

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Yeah I think so. If you watch the highlights of that race he could easily have done it quicker but he had to help Wiggins, he ended in a sprint to beat Evans, Wiggins etc

It was disgusting, I remember fuming at the time, melting down on the forums as a bunch of people here called Sky a clean team, shaking a little bit just thinking about it now.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Xabi posted:

What does that even mean?

He's been paid off by Specialized. Can't trust him

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Any rest day positive tests yet?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

This is how you crash out of a Grand Tour, fracture your leg, ride up a Cat 1, say thank you and good bye to your team and then get in the car. None of that, "Oh I got hairline fractures in my wrists, honest!"

True. Hopefully Quintana roasts Froomey at the Giro and he fakes another injury to try for the worlds.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

goatface posted:

They took their time diagnosing Froome's injury. I'd have thought they'd have him in in an MRI or CAT scanner within a few hours of the end of the race.

Had to photoshop some x-rays and pay off a doctor.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

A spectator was killed I think by a police moto? At the stage I went to in 09

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Gerrans new nickname should be Michael Vick

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Talansky is a little bit of a turd isn't he

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Greg Lemond is incredible on TV he's like a 15 year old calling to ask a girl out and her dad answers the phone, its so awkward, makes me feel bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Jonathan Tiernan-Locke, Team Sky suspended for two years (biological passport) :siren:

Think how crazy his levels had to be to actually get a ban with Cookson running the show. British cycling is so hosed.