Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

MrBling posted:

Sean Kelly is mad as heck about todays stage. Claims that it is a bad idea to have such a difficult stage so early in the tour and that it will be a nightmare for the GC riders because they risk losing upwards of 2 minutes on a hilly and technical stage.

I think it's a great idea, the usual first week boredom of dull flat stages leading to 5 minutes of excitement is the worst part of the tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
All I want out of today is to see Froome lying in a cobblestone puddle a broken man, that's not too much to ask is it?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mr.Nice posted:

Sector 5 & 7 are cancelled : https://twitter.com/hashtag/TDF, both have 3 stars rating difficulty, if that's all they cancel today, it shouldn't make a huge difference.

Lame.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Froome down again!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

We don't get many ads here in New Zealand but the timezone is horriffic, 3:30am-4am finishes each day which was fine when I was a slacker uni student but not compatible with working fulltime :(

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Peloton fragmented on the first climb/descent :getin:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Bit rich of old Oleg when hes packing Contador off to Real Madrids 'medical' centre to recover in time for the vuelta.

Fair to point out the holier than thou Team Sky are just as dirty though.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

So remind me which of team sky's riders have been utterly dominating the sport this year? Or is that just another team sky bad everyone else good post?

They're all bad, Sky are the worst though since rather than just being dirty they're boring, hypocritical and sanctimonius as well.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Porte just happy to be there.

He's going to get passed in the standings by his domestique Geraint Thomas today.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The green jersey is not, and never has been, for the 'best sprinter'.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The Commonwealth games Men's road race is on, 3 Indian riders just crashed into each other.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Good course, gently caress significant time trial distances in a tour. Time trials are so dull.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jamsque posted:

At a women's race in the Netherlands yesterday a spectator reached over the barriers and deliberately crashed a rider 10 meters from the finish line.

http://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/nieuws/video-toeschouwer-veroorzaakt-val-bij-eindsprint-drentse-8-van-westerveld

She broke her collarbone.

:wtc:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Pocket posted:

Basically "A BLOO BLOO BLOOO, WE ONLY RECEIVE 38% THE EU'S BUDGET AND OUT A WHOPPING 3% OF THE ZONE'S GDP"

Farmers are the world's biggest whingers/bludgers.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Gibbo posted:

I'd love to get Lemond slightly drunk and just get him talking about Lance and Froome and everything off camera.

I feel the levels of venom that would come out of his mouth would be amazing.

Still up because I couldn't sleep, and just realized today is alpe d'huez. I Haven't been watching at all but I have a feeling that I'm not going to sleep right away. Or the sky train could put me right to sleep.

Same situation here, haven't followed it this year due to Froome but switched the channel to see we have Alpe D'Huez today and I have gently caress all else going on so why not? :munch:

edit: Oh cool Jens is on commentary :allears:

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 25, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hahah go the Colombian Lampre rider

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I love that about cycling, the big goofy looking Colombian is fading away out of the breakaway and about to get spat out by the peloton but still finds 20 seconds of charging up the mountain to give even a tint but of help to his countryman from another team. You just don't get cool stuff like that in other sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It wasn't the same course, didn't have the descent that the women's road race crash happened on.