Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:frogsiren:I am giving away a copy of Shovel Knight for a contest in the Bowser Gang Tag Memorial Wall thread here:frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Step up, present your justification for judgement, why have you not gotten probably the only good game of 2014?

Jagged Alliance 2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i can attest shovel knight is a p. good game. i know a thing or two about video games and i have to put my reputation on the line and laud this one.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Widestancer posted:

:frogsiren:I am giving away a copy of Shovel Knight for a contest in the Bowser Gang Tag Memorial Wall thread here:frogsiren:

this is no longer happening and i'm disappointed

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
This music owns. Best soundtrack of the year.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Protagonist posted:

this is no longer happening and i'm disappointed

I gave one out but I may have more soon depends on how dumb people are with trades

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
is 1001spikes the lamulana gfx ripoff?

I saw it by accident whilst browsing ps4 shop and i was like euuugh what a loving ripoff get lost

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i own 1001 spikes. it is hard as gently caress. but also really good.
the theme tune does get stuck in youre head though so be careful!!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

okay i bought it today i was able to get it, smt4 and colors!3D for 54.20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

is 1001spikes the lamulana gfx ripoff?

I saw it by accident whilst browsing ps4 shop and i was like euuugh what a loving ripoff get lost

yes it looks really similar but its by the cave story people iirc and has a lot of polish and really tight controls

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
That was a great fuckin' game. Thank you for the l33t recommendation, Imp Zone

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i wanna play it but that's way too much for an 8bit retro game

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Protagonist posted:

i wanna play it but that's way too much for an 8bit retro game

its well worth it for real, it might look 8 bit but it has a ton of depth

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I don't even normally like platformers, but this is right up there with the new Rayman games in terms of level design, as well as sheer fun

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Oil Can Boyd posted:

its well worth it for real, it might look 8 bit but it has a ton of depth

how long does it take to 100% everything i'll base my judgement off of that

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
a lot of the achievements are pretty bullshit, like "beat the game without dying, ever" so quite a while, if you're into that sort of stuff

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oil Can Boyd posted:

I DONT KNOW ANYMORE

It's a really good game Sid

E: I mean Shovel Knight

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I didnt have money o buy it in the steam sale cuz i bought some other poo poo and i dont wanna buy a full price game while im trying to make myself finish off me2... meh...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Widestancer posted:

It's a really good game Sid

E: I mean Shovel Knight

i was able to get it by getting a 50 dollar card instead of a 35, which is more fair anyways because fionas game was 45.19 with tax so i got this, shin megami tensei 4 and colors 3D which she will also enjoy

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Bought game on my 3ds bc of thread. Did not disappoint. Ty thread.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Step up, present your justification for judgement, why have you not gotten probably the only good game of 2014?

I didn't really hear hype about it until a week ago and it all sounds like viralers and sunk cost shitters.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SeXReX posted:

I didn't really hear hype about it until a week ago and it all sounds like viralers and sunk cost shitters.

You can say that about literally anything when you didn't pay attention to it before it came out.

The game owns.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

There's that dumb phrase again

the only reason you like it is because you paid for it :downsowned:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SeXReX posted:

It's a good game and it's much better than the other crap that tries to hit and misses I was skeptical too but it's good.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

feh, this game didn't have 20 TV spots and huge IGN banners

clearly it's garbage and anybody that says otherwise is getting paid to be a viral marketer

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i've learned to never trust a goon opinion on video games but i will check this game out when it costs less than 5 dollars

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

zen death robot posted:

understandable but this means you shouldn't trust yourself as well :tinfoil:

i already know this :smith:

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Omally posted:

i've learned to never trust a goon opinion on video games but i will check this game out when it costs less than 5 dollars

Don't trust Games goons, but Imp Zone goons seem alright so far.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I was skeptical because goons hyped it up and it looked like NES Rouge Legacy but it actually is not total poo poo and rather good.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
yeah shovel knight owns bones
been playing it since yesterday. i like that no one takes you seriously because you have a shovel forgetting that they are still p. useful bludgeeonng devices. good job the knight is a righteous dude

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

the only reason you like it is because you paid for it :downsowned:

What I meant was I've only heard from people who paid for it well before they played it.

anyone who hasn't been sucking this game's dick for months pick it up and like it?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I didn't kickstart or preorder it. Saw a few gameplay videos a couple days before it released, and I'm really enjoying it. The thing that attracted me most was the combination dark souls + megaman vibe I got from it. Well pleased.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
before this thread i had never heard of it.

a timeline of shovel knight purchaing:
some guy made this thread and i was all 'what is this?' so i went to the internet and typed in shjovel knight and it said did you mean shovel knight? so i clicked that instead and it took me to the steam page and then i saw a video and thouth thats not too bad, but not sure about £11.99 then saw it on gog.com for £8 and thought it was more accpetable and then bought it and then played it and really like it.

that is my story. the story of shovel knight and video games.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Still working my way through Treasure Master...

I think year 23 is going to be the year.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SeXReX posted:

What I meant was I've only heard from people who paid for it well before they played it.

anyone who hasn't been sucking this game's dick for months pick it up and like it?

I only grabbed it this last week and hadn't heard of it before Imp Zone

I'm enjoying it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Video Viddy Games posted:

before this thread i had never heard of it.

a timeline of shovel knight purchaing:
some guy made this thread and i was all 'what is this?' so i went to the internet and typed in shjovel knight and it said did you mean shovel knight? so i clicked that instead and it took me to the steam page and then i saw a video and thouth thats not too bad, but not sure about £11.99 then saw it on gog.com for £8 and thought it was more accpetable and then bought it and then played it and really like it.

that is my story. the story of shovel knight and video games.

same except without the buying part

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

hubris.height posted:

same except without the buying part

maybe they should have bit the bullet and named it shjovel knight

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i did not buy this because the 3ds version is not out in europe yet. peace.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i didnt get paid to shill this game in fact i paid 15 bucks i couldnt really afford to drop on it at this time, but it was worth it, i have been picking it up and playing a stage or two when we arent busy doing holiday stuff and its just a really good short period distraction so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SeXReX posted:

I didn't preorder it and I never do any kickstarters. I was made aware it was being created about a year ago and basically said "oh, that looks neat."

Then it came out and I got it because I like platformers and it turns out it owns super hard

• Locked thread