Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i didnt get paid to shill this game in fact i paid 15 bucks i couldnt really afford to drop on it at this time, but it was worth it, i have been picking it up and playing a stage or two when we arent busy doing holiday stuff and its just a really good short period distraction so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SeXReX posted:

What I meant was I've only heard from people who paid for it well before they played it.

anyone who hasn't been sucking this game's dick for months pick it up and like it?

I didn't preorder it and I never do any kickstarters. I was made aware it was being created about a year ago and basically said "oh, that looks neat."

Then it came out and I got it because I like platformers and it turns out it owns super hard

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!

zen death robot posted:

i didn't even know the game existed until saturday and i like it

i figured i'd pick it up later during a steam sale and then just fuckin bought it anyway. two levels in and it's basically impossible to regret this decision :toot:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i drew this two days before i bought it on miiverse because i was a bit short on cash at first i just wanted to share it with yall

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
the game more or less immediately allowed me to go to a place where i could fight cool skeletons so it gets my vote. i'm sure i'll get annoyed at all the super hilarious dance sequences in every playthrough after the first though

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Is it fascism yet posted:

i did not buy this because the 3ds version is not out in europe yet. peace.

way to go and get yourself probated you idiot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Kewpuh posted:

way to go and get yourself probated you idiot

im really upset because i cant even see what his post was, just the garbage it was replaced with

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Oil Can Boyd posted:

im really upset because i cant even see what his post was, just the garbage it was replaced with

he probably quoted this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531265&pagenumber=90&perpage=40#post431606433

and then just said "lol" or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

madeupfred is a loving treasure to the forums, for real

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

why have you not gotten probably the only good game of 2014?

WHoah there Mr. Moneybags! Some of us don't have a scrooge duck vault of Gaben Coins lying around!

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

i am poor.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
is it good

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Putty posted:

is it good

i would say hell yes putty

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
i despise manual labor

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
lmbo if you think i'm gonna pay more than four american dollars for some pixel nintendo bullshit in 2014

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

lmbo if you think i'm gonna pay more than four american dollars for some pixel nintendo bullshit in 2014

buy it or else i will ban u rite now

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SpazmasterX posted:

im so glad to see you havent changed a bit spazmaster

Dec 26, 2012

Oil Can Boyd posted:

madeupfred is a loving treasure to the forums, for real

this forever

Putty posted:

is it good

yeah it owns

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Kewpuh posted:

buy it or else i will ban u rite now

nah but if you gift it to me on steam i'll probably play it

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
i just beat it like 10 mins ago and it is a satisfying experience

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I didn't buy it because I never thought the music in megaman was particularily good and the game itself doesn't look very fun or interesting. v:shobon:v

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

it's actually a really good game unlike most 'retro' inspired platformers

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

how me a frog posted:

I didn't buy it because I never thought the music in megaman was particularily good and the game itself doesn't look very fun or interesting. v:shobon:v

Jesus cristo y maria.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

im waiting for my birthday in a week
also can i play it with an arcade stick?

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Because I don't buy a game after seeing it being played on gamegrumps.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
i didn't see anything on this game until a day before it came out, i bought it as soon as it came out on steam, beat the game with 50% of music sheets in 4.5 hours. game loving rules and you're and idiot if you pass it up because of "lol get that fake retro poo poo outta here".

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

KamikazeJim posted:

i didn't see anything on this game until a day before it came out, i bought it as soon as it came out on steam, beat the game with 50% of music sheets in 4.5 hours. game loving rules and you're and idiot if you pass it up because of "lol get that fake retro poo poo outta here".

:agreed: i just beat plague knight and drat he had one of my favorite character designs ever, loving hooked like crazy

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
ill wait for the next summer sale

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
X&BUTT is a good filename to use, in the videogame "Shovel Knight"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thank god you all told me about this, i never knew i needed this mode until right now

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Winter sale is in 6 months tho

fall sale is even sooner than that

still aint buying it until its cheaper than 15 american us dollars jesus christ

i don't buy a drat thing from steam unless it costs five bucks or less

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Probably it will end in a humble bundle sooner than a steam sale.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

SpazmasterX posted:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Beat this twice withing a week, 100% completion (except feats, my God). The ending was surprisingly tragic and now I'm doing a NG+. Gonna be a Knight for Halloween / cosplay. Imma big guy so probably Mole Knight? Amazing game, picked up and beatrn on both 3DS and Wii U. Waiting for DLC...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zorglorfian posted:

Beat this twice withing a week, 100% completion (except feats, my God). The ending was surprisingly tragic and now I'm doing a NG+. Gonna be a Knight for Halloween / cosplay. Imma big guy so probably Mole Knight? Amazing game, picked up and beatrn on both 3DS and Wii U. Waiting for DLC...

Nice!

Dec 26, 2012

shovel snype

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I had no idea what it was until I read this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
is it on sale yet

01011001 posted:

shovel snype

lol

• Locked thread