Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

shovel snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I had no idea what it was until I read this thread.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
is it on sale yet

01011001 posted:

shovel snype

lol

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
why don't they let him have a shovel

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Zorglorfian posted:

The ending was surprisingly tragic and now I'm doing a NG+.

Doesn't Shield Knight live though?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I got Shovel Knight, and well, it's really good. I know most of you are waiting for it to go on sale but its definitely worth fifteen US dollars.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I'm unusually super duper poor currently and I haven't had a ton of spare time and also

Scyther posted:

Falsum posted:

It's a retro-style 2d platformer,

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shovel Knight is a rare case of an indie game that didnt do the retro indie poo poo for the sake of being retro and indie, and instead just made a good game because they wanted to.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

mabels big day posted:

I got Shovel Knight, and well, it's really good. I know most of you are waiting for it to go on sale but its definitely worth fifteen US dollars.

nothing is worth fifteen us dollars

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i continue to not own shovel knight

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
apathy or something i guess i havent thought too hard about it

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
Too many games I've yet to complete, and laziness. Actually it's mostly laziness.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i continue to not own shovel knight

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What's the best weapon and armor?

So far I only have the most expensive of each because I saved up assuming they would own.

The shovel that shoots the spark seems underwhelming and getting a super attack for doing 2x down air attacks also seems kind of "weak".

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

I don't own shovel knight because 15 dollars is more than I can afford to spend on video games until I find a job. Unemployment loving sucks, there's so many games I want to buy but can't

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Vhadka posted:

I don't own shovel knight because 15 dollars is more than I can afford to spend on video games until I find a job. Unemployment loving sucks, there's so many games I want to buy but can't
Working sucks.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Working sucks.

Better than being completely broke and being hounded by bill collectors because your unemployment barely covers rent.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

how me a frog posted:

I didn't buy it because I never thought the music in megaman was particularily good and the game itself doesn't look very fun or interesting. v:shobon:v

just wanna bring this up again

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
game starts with female character dying for male pathos and that is far too problematic for me

game is still fun tho.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

So far I only have the most expensive of each because I saved up assuming they would own.

The shovel that shoots the spark seems underwhelming and getting a super attack for doing 2x down air attacks also seems kind of "weak".

the weapon enhancements stack so there's no selection you just get a better and better shovel

armors are a matter of taste really, although the sorcerer's mail is nice since the invuln relic is op and it lets you use that more.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

weapon upgrades stack. best armor is obv. the golden armor
all of you who wear non-golden armor, reevaluate yourselves and your life choices

Dec 26, 2012

there is no armor but the golden armor

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

blakyoshi posted:

weapon upgrades stack. best armor is obv. the golden armor
all of you who wear non-golden armor, reevaluate yourselves and your life choices

classic armor, no relics.

a man
a shovel
and a dream

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Should I buy shovel knight on my 3ds or on steam.

This is important I am feeling the itch I need to buy something on the eShop TONIGHT.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

surc posted:

This is important I am feeling the itch I need to buy something on the eShop TONIGHT.

Wait for when it eventually hits $5 somewhere

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

surc posted:

Wii u

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
i played my friends copy using steam family sharing even though we arent actually family

players 1 the man 0

Dec 26, 2012

surc posted:

i have it on 3ds and its good

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
i only play real games like counter strike the global offensive and morrowind

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Foxhound posted:

i played my friends copy using steam family sharing even though we arent actually family

players 1 the man 0

im gonna tell gabe and he'll give me coupons for doin such a good job

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
too busy playing real games

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
but does it have a story i need to nkow if i can have fun with it or not. i hope it has seven hours of voice acting and cutscenes recorded so i can enjoy the parts where you play it

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010
this year i bought other new games such as metal gear solid v: ground zeroes, ryu ga gotoku: ishin!, sonic lost world and kirby triple deluxe. hth, op.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Shovel Knight is a rare case of an indie game that didnt do the retro indie poo poo for the sake of being retro and indie, and instead just made a good game because they wanted to.

the retro style of like every indie game is because that requires way fewer resources than toher styles.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

this year i bought other new games such as metal gear solid v: ground zeroes, ryu ga gotoku: ishin!, sonic lost world and kirby triple deluxe. hth, op.

sonic

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it's one of th ebest games ever made. sonic lost world. try it out brother. ;)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

i wish you would buy a bullet and put it through your skull you sanic headhog piece of poo poo

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
This is a fun game. Polar Knight's level was kind of uninspired with the conventional "ice makes moving slightly stupid" gimmick, but they implemented it well. The boss fight was also fun and unique. I'm on the tower level now and it's really fun and also ball-breakingly hard.

• Locked thread