Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Divinity Original Sin, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It's a retro-style 2d platformer, but one that's actually very well done.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Gimbal lock posted:

It's a good retro platformer. Not sure what you guys are smoking if you think those are shat out every month. The last I remember being good was Rogue Legacy.

Rogue Legacy was pretty fun but a little too grindy (I know that was the point of the game but it gets boring when you're doing runs of the castle to increase your stats). Also it falls apart at NG+2, and there's no way to go back to NG+1 without playing the whole game again, AFAIK.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The only things it has in common with Rogue Legacy is that it's in 2d and the protagonist is a knight.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Wait they got mad about how it made fun of IBS or something like that, didn't they?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I'm digging Shovel Knight. It's a lot of fun but I'm worried it was buried under all the deals of the Summer Sale. Hopefully it doesn't become a hidden gem because it deserves way more attention than Rogue Legacy.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
At least it's not shovelware like all those other retro platformers.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Omally posted:

i've learned to never trust a goon opinion on video games but i will check this game out when it costs less than 5 dollars

Don't trust Games goons, but Imp Zone goons seem alright so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Zorglorfian posted:

The ending was surprisingly tragic and now I'm doing a NG+.

Doesn't Shield Knight live though?

• Locked thread