Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I don't care anymore so may the best team win* :kiddo:

*the team with the least amount of overpaid cunts

Who gives a poo poo about their salaries lol stop being jealous bro ur not fronting the bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I want Ochoa to score the winning goal against the Dutch.

Was there ever a keeper who scored a goal in the World Cup? I know Chilavert scored a bunch in qualifiers.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Who doesn't want a NED-GER final? One of the biggest international rivalries, steeped in WW2 occupation and all sorts of other poo poo, and the 2 best teams in the competition. It's gonna own

by "rivalries" you surely mean "rivalries that are made up by one side (eg Netherlands) while the other couldnt care less"

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

I'm more intrested in France vs Germany quarterfinals, 100 years after WWI broke out and all that.

quote:

Who doesn't want a NED-GER final? One of the biggest international rivalries, steeped in WW2 occupation and all sorts of other poo poo, and the 2 best teams in the competition. It's gonna own

lol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Teron D Amun posted:

by "rivalries" you surely mean "rivalries that are made up by one side (eg Netherlands) while the other couldnt care less"

It's the same with the English-German rivalry. German's don't care for that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

gently caress Greece

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Soulex posted:

gently caress Greece

Keep it up, I will kick you out of WeSpent500Dolla

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Hegay posted:

Who gives a poo poo about their salaries lol stop being jealous bro ur not fronting the bill

:eng101: Actually he does through a combination of higher ticket prices for games and also higher cable TV bills

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You won't change my mind :colbert: Greece are filthiest and cheaper than Albanians and should be treated as such.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Torrannor posted:

It's the same with the English-German rivalry. German's don't care for that.

It's almost like the Germans are denying their past and trying to forget something bad that happened about 60 years ago!?

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
Greek, Greek it rhymes with meek

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And stink, cause they don't bathe

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Soulex posted:

You won't change my mind :colbert: Greece are filthiest and cheaper than Albanians and should be treated as such.

Soulex posted:

And stink, cause they don't bathe

you're extremely lucky my mod buttons don't work on fellow 2014 FIFA World Cup mods. stop the racist posts. now.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Please make future polls checkbox thanks in advance

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Netherlands vs Argentine will be the real test. Mexico has been great so far but they won't knock out Oranje.

I'm more intrested in France vs Germany quarterfinals, 100 years after WWI broke out and all that.

France-Algeria would be played one day before the Algerian Independence Day (July 5), that'd be something

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Maradonna Summer posted:

you're extremely lucky my mod buttons don't work on fellow 2014 FIFA World Cup mods. stop the racist posts. now.

I do like their food though.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teron D Amun posted:

lol...?

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
If NED keeps up 40% passing and possession I could see this being a bit surprising IMO

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

xie posted:

If NED keeps up 40% passing and possession I could see this being a bit surprising IMO

NED will keep up Robben and van Persie

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm keeping it up right now.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
My evening will be ruined if NED flounders and they have to go homer.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

WeAreTheRomans posted:

why do people that never watch the sport love bringing up world war II so much lol

Casus Belli
Jul 16, 2005

jumbo derrick clamp

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

tbp (using tactical analysis and logical reasoning): russia are poo poo and probably wont do very well in this tournment.

JoeGridIron: *jacking off to the thread in tff where they post anime pics of nfl players* yyyyyyeah actually youll find that they look poo poo in the beginning, but do well later hyu i think that like the battle of stalinggrad theyll beat germany. black people are good and women are just as intelligent as men.

tbp: *lowers shades* Everything you have just said is absolute nonsense.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Everyone else in TRP talks about WW2 all the time, tbp

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

blue footed boobie posted:

It's just Pissflaps tbh

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

Dunban posted:

It's just Pissflaps tbh

lol it really is just Pissflaps

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
two world wars and one world cup

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Whereas I can only only understand world cup rivalries through extended Eurovision metaphors.

For example: Greece is terrible.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

EvanTH posted:

Whereas I can only only understand world cup rivalries through extended Eurovision metaphors.

For example: Greece is terrible.

where are you from and how many times has your country won the Eurovision Song Contest? thought so. sit down.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wazzzzuuuuuuup?

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

if germany face greece perhaps greece can repay them for ruining the european economy.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I watched it happen, yet I still dont know how Greece got to this stage.

Craziest world cup!

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

the greeks are canny, they're tricky as anything

i could see costa rica buckling under the pressure tbh

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I want Greece to win the whole thing, if it's not coming home I want the worst possible outcome.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Costa Rica but lol if anyone is cheering for Costa Rica tonight.

Get ready for Costa Rica doing gently caress all because of Greek buses and then scoring a clumsy goal to lead them onwards.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FiftySeven posted:

I watched it happen, yet I still dont know how Greece got to this stage.

Craziest world cup!

I didn't realize this MDT was from 2004.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

I strongly disagree that greece will be parking the bus tonight

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

vyelkin posted:

I didn't realize this MDT was from 2004.

Ah yes, the World cup of 04' was truly one for the ages...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
2004 was when Greece won the Euros by beating the home nation the final

• Locked thread