Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Refs

Netherlands x Mexico
Ref: Pedro PROENCA (POR)
AR1: Bertino MIRANDA (POR)
AR2: Tiago TRIGO (POR)
4th: Carlos VERA (ECU)
RAR: Christian LESCANO (ECU)

Proenca is probably one of the more well known international referees. If you don't recognize his name I can almost guarantee if you watch UEFA competitions you have seen him. He did six matches in the most recent Champions League (including a semi), two matches at the Confederations Cup, four matches at Euro 2012 including the final, and the 2012 Champions League final. With Portugal already eliminated, he could very well be lining himself up to have the final in this competition.

At this World Cup, Proenca has done Cameroon x Croatia and Japan x Colombia in this World Cup. Neither match, iirc, required him to show a lot (unlike Webb yesterday), so this might be a better chance to showcase himself to the committee.

Costa Rica x Greece
Ref: Benjamin WILLIAMS (AUS)
AR1: Matthew CREAM (AUS)
AR2: Hakan ANAZ (AUS)
4th: Nawaf SHUKRALLA (BHR)
RAR: Yaser TULEFAT (BHR)

Williams went from "Hm, I'm not sure he's even going to get a match" to having a knockout round assignment. He has taken charge of Honduras x Ecuador and South Korea x Belgium so far. A good match here might see him get a quarterfinal assignment but this could very well be the last we see of an Australian at this Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

the wildest rear end posted:

Univision has a special message about how they dont think puto is a nice word

ESPN did the same thing and made sure to mention that they don't control the audio haha.

I slept through my alarm for church so instead of that I am ready for more world cup

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am still not sure on what I would like to see happen. On the one hand, if Mexico wins then chaos will continue to reign at this world cup which is cool + good. On the other hand, that mean Mexico wins. Help me out mdt.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Early sub best sub

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

About the sub: "You mentioned briefly that the fact that the warm up for the Netherlands was brief, shorter than usual. It might have played a role, it might not."

Thanks ESPN.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Think the AR wanted to give a corner there but Proenca was having none of it (but it was a corner)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Robben got the cut in and wanted to shoot soooooo bad but got crowded out.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

doomisland posted:

where is this ref from

Portugal

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't want Mexico to do well because the few irl Mexico fans I know will hold it over my head for the next four years if they go farther than the US does even though the only reason they are in the World Cup to begin with in Zusi's hatred of Panama. If they would be cool about it I could get behind CONCACAF supremacy but they won't be so I can't.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Love a bit of Extra Time, me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

3 minutes for water break + 3 minutes for everything else is about right imo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Spangly A posted:

probably had to pay Cannavaro and MoN a fair bit and find some wankers who'd do it for free. Andross Townsend.

he stood on his foot and brought him down, deal with it.

Yes it was also a dive but the two aren't exclusive.

This post needs to be quoted forever. It was a penalty and then Robben embellished it. Him being a terrible person and embellishing the foul doesn't suddenly make it not a foul. Still want to see a yellow card a piece on something like that but I know that it will never actually happen

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

30 more minutes ffs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm sad that I am 24 and will watch many more world cups because none will ever live up to this and my kids will think I am old + dumb when I tell them that 2014 was the best

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tetrix posted:

did we watch the same game here

This game wasn't the best, no, but it was better than a lot of the crap that 2010 put forward plus penalties own and this is the second time in four knockout matches.

Plus this mornings match was awesome so yeah.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MagicCube posted:

CR - X
GR - X

I think you will find that these should both be O not X

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

NAVAS

Adbot