Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Costa Rica but lol if anyone is cheering for Costa Rica tonight.

Get ready for Costa Rica doing gently caress all because of Greek buses and then scoring a clumsy goal to lead them onwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hopterque posted:

Why would you root for greece, rooting for greece is like rooting for the death of football.

i'm not rooting for greece, i'm saying that anyone thinking that this game won't be extremely boring to watch will be disapointed, specially so if they're expecting anything other than a 1-0 win to Greece.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stinky Pit posted:

Where is my boy Drogadon? I need someone to hold my hand

he's probably enjoying the upcoming match of his nation's team with his friends in a public place instead of not hanging out with friends to post on an internet forum about his team i dunno

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Greece will kill the last hope of football in a short moment.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blitz7x posted:

Too noob a question to be put into the noob thread but why would greece winning kill the world cup
Spain's 1-0 victories are a joy to watch compared to Greece's 1-0 victories.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pawn 17 posted:

Amazing.

All the constant diving and pretending to be hurt is why no Americans watch soccer. The Dutch won not with their footballing skills, but rather with their theatrical skills.

go back to american sports then

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i'd throw the bus at her if you know what i mean

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maradonna Summer posted:

i do, i'm not saying we're the most aggressive, offensive team in the world, I'm just saying we're vastly improved in terms of attack in comparison to 2004

yeah you went from zero goals scored in a world cup to 2, that's pretty impressive.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Greece dominatin

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank god i was mistaken :)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

saihttam posted:

Yeah, wonder what big team is gonna get him, isn't he playing for Levante or something?

e: sorry for transfer chat

Benfica and Porto are gunning to grab him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fag Boy Jim posted:

personally I can't wait to see the number of players from other countries Qatar will field in 2022.

100% sure you'll see a shitload of Brazillians sprinkled with some Italian failures that never reached the national team.

Alternatively, a team composed of literal slaves (one of them a goon) or a team made of sheiks who never saw a football in their lives.

• Locked thread