Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-dJgFdfl3I
No I wasn't doing illegal poo poo in my squad car! You have video of it? Um... Here's some free stuff that IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO BRIBE YOU TO NOT TURN ME IN. No way at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

wixard posted:

I like to be critical of cops, but what do you think is the right thing for the cop to do here? If he sends a trucker away with no paperwork at all, they have no way to prove to whoever they're working for why their cargo didn't move anywhere for the 20 minutes they were pulled over. Personally, I think a trucker who freaks out with their horn about someone speeding on a 70mph highway probably deserves a ticket but I'm a chronic speeder with no respect for human life.
For starters safety inspections are done at weigh stations, not used as roadside "whoops I hosed up"s. No ticket for something supposedly bad enough to pull him over, no warning and a form he shouldn't have got that was fraudulent(he didn't inspect the vehicle). It was a very clear and defined attempt to butter the man up so no one found out what the cop was doing, an attempt that didn't start until he found out he was recorded.

Secondly all the driver had to do was use his Qualcomm to report the incident as justification for not moving. In fact they can sit still and not report it on the log book so long as it doesn't exceed 15 minutes(of which he was stopped for 5). As long as the load arrives on time(and I always had to wait to deliver a load), the company doesn't really give a poo poo how many stops were made.

The driver was 100% correct. He was speeding on wet roads while on the loving phone. That's reckless driving especially when he admits he was going to HQ and not a call. Its also how most of them die on duty, which leaves me torn. I don't want him breaking the law but also FTP.

*Edit Also LOL at someone with admitted no respect for human life defending cops. Talk about two peas in a pod.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 29, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

wixard posted:

Cops pull truck drivers over randomly all the time to check log books and medical cards, and they usually don't come out of the booth and check lights, safety equipment or log books at weigh stations. At least that was true everywhere I drove within a 5hr radius of Philadelphia.

And I have a little trouble thinking this supremely corrupt cop was legitimately worried that he would be disciplined for speeding.

So it is your standard operating procedure to lay on your horn and flash your lights when someone speeds past you on the highway? I didn't make any excuses for the cop, he shouldn't be on a phone and speeding without a good reason but it's also pretty absurd to hold that video up next to the links in the OP.
Right they don't check anything at weigh stations, that's why there's a huge parking lot for trucks at almost every one. Nope no siree. The normal place is clearly the side of a road with no lighting and a large chance of being hit by traffic. Yup. Nice glossing over the fraudulent form though.

As for what I would have done, well he's a cop so I'd have run his puny sedan over and turned him into canned ham.

"Why are you angry about this abusive corrupt cop? He's not as abusive and corrupt as THESE cops!"- wixard, the year of our lord 2014 :rolleyes:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

justsharkbait posted:

We are feared, hated, etc on the internet because of ~stuff~ and ~things~
Pictured: ~stuff~ and ~things~

Quit being obtuse. You know drat well why you people are hated.

• Locked thread