Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
Anyone seen this one yet?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jesse-hagopian-seattle-police-pepper-spray

Seems like the only one being threatening and making a scene is the female officer wildly spraying pepper spray at everyone.
Does she think it's just like spraying a cat with a water bottle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

more friedman units posted:

What is she even responding to? She completely loses it because people were briefly within 10 feet of her.

Honestly, I can't wait for some sort of official press release from the Seattle PD explaining just why she felt the need to use it.

Maybe she thought the guy on the phone was calling in an IED? That older women was probably an imminent threat too.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
I'd say it's a big yes on the systemic failure to train a proper respect for firearms. After all, the reason the trigger pull is something like 12 pounds on NYPD sidearms is because when they switched from revolvers, there were too many incidents of negligent discharges. They were too used to the 6-shooters with a heavier pull and couldn't learn to keep their fingers off the trigger when drawing their weapon.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
I'd like to call more attention to this:

quote:

Instead of rendering first aid to Gurley, the paper reported, the officers were texting their union representatives.

If anything, it just shows he was far more worried about covering his own rear end than for the man he just "accidentally" put a hole in.

If I accidentally shot someone on a gun range or something, I sure as hell wouldn't think to call my lawyer first.

"Hey, I just shot someone. I just want to make sure you know in case you have to represent me... No, I mean literally just now, he's still laying on the ground... No, you're the first person I called, should I have called someone else?"

xergm fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 12, 2015

• Locked thread