Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SedanChair posted:

I later realized that the post could be interpreted as a doxx threat. I'm sorry if ActusRhesus felt like their livelihood was threatened, that was not my intention.

'I'm sorry if you were offended' is not an actual apology, doubly so when it's 'I'm sorry if you felt threatened when I threatened you'. Doing so given the current climate, particularly towards women, on the internet is pretty ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

hobotrashcanfires posted:

Except it doesn't make sense, actually. Responding to non-violent protests with heavily armed and outfitted de facto soldiers, and deploying tear gas, rubber bullets, sonic weapons, etc.. and just generally being highly intimidating and discouraging political expression.

Well, that makes sense to fall under 'terrorism'.

The NYPD is a large, well armed force with its own chain of command, its own intelligence arm, that conducts operations outside its official jurisdiction, conducts its own foreign policy and treats the normal civilian government with barely concealed disdain.

If it was in any other country it'd be called the New York Guard and a regular source of international speculation about whether it would start a coup or not. Getting machineguns to turn their armored vehicles into outright AFVs is just appropriate, really. Maybe they need berets, too.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread