Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Continuing a derail from the last thread...

StarMagician posted:

90% of the people on this forum, at least, support higher taxes, more regulations, and in the general sense, a more involved and intrusive federal government. Growth in government requires growth in enforcement power, which at the moment is entirely various flavors of cop.
This is patently false. Our police have gotten excessively militarized: they're taking a shotgun to an anthill. We need more accountability and self-control in our police, not more force.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

SedanChair posted:

Fascinating, Serpico seems to think that reforming the police head-on is worthwhile:

Is he naive?

I'm naïve as well if that's the case, these ideas all sound positive to me.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cole posted:

Do you know why it's illegal to point things at the police that could be mistaken for weapons?

I'll give you 12 years to consider your answer.

Show us a gun that resembles a banana.

This thread is suddenly full of cop apologists.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

IMO, simple weed possession should be an infraction at best.

How utterly ignorant. Why should possession of a plant be any sort of crime or infraction? How does it harm society that I possess a plant?

The mindset is so entrenched that criminal justice reform is going to be a long, hard battle. See: your posts

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

disheveled posted:

Please, please, please, as a legalization advocate, I ask you to please stop using this terrible argument.

It seemed contextual, I'll admit there are dozens of arguments though. Why, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

ten years for taking a human life? Possibly less with early parole? I can't say I agree.

That's because you're still dragging your knuckles behind the rest of the populace who have realized extended sentencing does jack poo poo to deter crime. How much time have you served to be such an authority on the topic?

• Locked thread