Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Have you read The Reagan Rhetoric: History and Memory in 1980s America? It's a good read on how Reagan used language and communication to so effectively win people over, and to what degree he believed his own bullshit. Also, the cover art alone makes it worth the price:

Has there ever been any kind of study on why old people wear their pants so high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

to the extent that he talks about politics, Louie C.K. has got some good beliefs. He is ignorant about the specifics of this and that (for instance, he literally carries kruggerands in his pocket believing that to be a good investment) but on the whole I can't find anything wrong with his views, though some tumblrites would probably find him to be "problematic"

nah tumblr loves Louie CK

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Last year I posted this article about the 49 year old, unemployed former pizza delivery man who lived with his mom who was of course running as the Libertarian candidate in the city's mayoral election
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/libertarian_candidate_calls_for_more_guns/

Well I'm reading an article today about a federal grant aimed at improving bus service in the city, when I though the man in the leadoff picture looked familiar

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/950k_federal_grant_looks_to_boost_buses/#cmt

Of course the Libertarian who is unemployed and lives at home also uses the buses and isn't happy about their service.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

R. Mute posted:

yeah, it's not a big deal. i'm 24 and i've had 'em a couple of years. supposedly, my grandmother started going grey in her teens. c'est la vie.

I'm 26 and same. I got a cluster of like 10 of them together somewhere on the right side. I haven't seen any more form though in a few years beyond the ones I already have :shrug:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

comes along bort posted:

MUSLIM

AS ALL HELL

SURE HE'S A MUSLIM?

OH, YEAH

It's been so long and I still can't not laugh when I see this

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

quote:

"do me a favor, vote on tuesday"
"I was going to, But what time are the booths open until"
"8"
"I might not make it"
(the polling station in said town is pretty slow, it takes all of 3 minutes to vote, so it's a difference between leaving at 9:30am vs 9:15am)

Liberals.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Just declare yourself a sovereign country

• Locked thread