Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I demand to know why tbp has a soccer ball next to his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So, I have been wondering, are we only allowed to make political threads in Debate Disco, or can we make a thread debating anything?

I'm envisioning some kind of booze/burger argument thunderdome.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
GWS is for talking about food, not debating it.

There would have been a panel of judges and everything.

Zeroisanumber posted:

They always turn to poo poo. It's not even a slow progression, it's basically OP ---> poo poo.

It's like someone throws up some kind of shitposter bat signal.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I predict buzzing swarms of flying death bots will replace our ground troops by 2050.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Can't. Too lazy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

euphronius posted:

I thought the Mideast thread banned PI chat. Or was that an old thread that did that.

I think it used to be a forum rule but XyloJW appears to have swept that last remnant of the old order away.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

SubponticatePoster posted:

Is it wrong that F&LILV is probably one of my favorite books? Dostoevsky? Miller? Joyce? gently caress that, give me drug- and alcohol-fueled indictments of our whole modern society.

I have a feeling Dostoevsky would have been a lot more fun to read if he wasn't getting paid by the word.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

XyloJW posted:

Woah buddy I can't even pronounce Middle East, I'm not changing any rules there. Talk to Xandu, evilweasel, and Brown Moses about that.

Explain the rules thread being authored by yourself then mister. :colbert:

Don't think you can use other mods as a veil of legitimacy for your arbitrary and authoritarian rule.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

XyloJW posted:

Oh the rules thread? Yeah but there's still the secret rules thread. It lays it all out pretty well.

I knew it! :argh:

Also Pants are a tool of Western Imperialism and the capitalist oppressors.

Take note of the worst monsters of the past century. Note what they all had in common. That's right. Pants.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Radium infused paints used to be an industry.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I think we should move to a new planet.

One with dinosaurs.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I wish I could be funny.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
When the servers reached a high enough temperature, the glue holding them together evaporated. This released the radium into the air, lethally poisoning everyone in the data-center.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm just saying maybe we should give that whole Logan's Run society thing a shot until I get old then we can stop.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm thinking more 60.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Maybe 65

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
hey man, I think i'll do pretty well in the food riots. I've got a helmet and a gun and everything.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Chantilly Say posted:

Hmm... your helmet, is it blue?

...Everything is fine. Stay where you are.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I sleep comfortable in the knowledge that as a white male in America the entire world will burn before I am even mildly inconvenienced.

I am all three of those things and I am mildly inconvenienced every day.

For example, I cannot murder with impunity from inside a secure Death FortressTM.

The nearest Five Guys is three blocks away.

I really want to visit a Dave and Busters but there isn't one in the whole state.

Parking is just awful.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I think illrepute is being nice to you. Possibly to lure you into some kind of trap.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
tbp is great because he makes people so angry. Like, way more than whatever he posted warrants.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
tbp have you considered work as an agent provocateur? I think you would be really good at it and I'm sure it pays well.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Cyberattacks are all the rage these days or so I am told.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Have we considered deporting Amergin to Somalia? Or maybe the moon?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Who What Now posted:

No, we need to somehow force Amergin to talk more about his crazy political ideals. That way maybe we can show him how they're stupid.

He's like a rash. I know I shouldn't scratch but I just can't help myself.

Putting him on ignore did nothing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Debate Disco is a serious forum for serious alcoholics.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

tbp posted:

*pinches nose, pushes up imaginary glasses* uhhh yeahh the dunning kruger effect haha loser.

I'm gonna punch the next nerd to bring up the Overton window.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Chantilly Say posted:

Thus, by a continual shifting of the Overton window, the enemy is always both

Your cruisin' for a bruisin' pal.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm disappointed that Arkham Knight has been delayed to 2015.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ChaosSamusX posted:

Just what in the name of all that is good and just in the world, what is wrong with you people?

You are associating me with idiot politicians and Georgia, and I resent that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He's trying to tell you that trying to catch individual perpetrators of gender discrimination is fruitless, and that you should seek to make structural changes to society to bring about gender equality.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Pretty sure gayest isn't a swear tbp.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

XyloJW posted:

I learned something :)

My aunt was telling me that her city got several million dollars from the state of California to build a state-of-the-art high school, and they got the whole thing built with plans to add on the gymnasium afterwards. Classes start, and a few weeks later they start preparing the space behind the school to build the gym, when they find there's a seam of serpentinite that runs underneath the whole thing. The whole school is closed down and has to be torn down and rebuilt somewhere else.

What's the problem there? It's the state rock of California, what better to build your school on? And it would shield your school from neutrons from below the earth!

*things i learned after googling what the hell serpentinite is*

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I learned recently that a lot of other state's literal garbage gets dumped in my state for money.

Why you gotta be such a cash whore South Carolina? :smith:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm mad about trains in general. Some jackass decided it'd be a wonderful to run freight trains through my city in the middle of the goddamn night.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Same to you! It just occurred to me that I've been awake for 21 hours!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pope Guilty posted:

Throw some melatonin down your throat, lie down, and read something.

Nah I'll just stay awake for another 12 hours it'll be fine.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We already know everything they have to say is horrible all the time so I don't see much of a point.

tbp posted:

Go to the gym

To be clear, I was just making an observation, not soliciting advice on how to go to sleep. Thanks anyway though.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I assume by red-staters you mean the fringe borderline illiterate scum who post on Stormfront, and not a third of the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

As a Masshole the idea of Jews as this sinister evil baffles me, it's like claiming that all Italians are secret mobsters or the Irish are all part of a nefarious papal plot.

Then again I also think mayonnaise and marshmallows don't mix so maybe as a coastal elitist I just don't get the American heartland.

Welcome to American racism pull up a seat and RUN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FLEE THE COUNTRY RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

McDowell posted:

The blacks and Mexicans skew the average :freep:

Sadly true. It should go without saying that this is a damning indictment of the regions lovely history and continuing practices on race, and not an inherent quality of minorities or whatever.

• Locked thread