Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Amused to Death posted:

Has there ever been any kind of study on why old people wear their pants so high?

I think it's because they've lost height and their pants don't fit anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

People in the US are concerned about I/P because of the US's close association with Israel.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

This particular sort of culture war bullshit generally happens because hicks resent other people for not being as unsophisticated as they are. See also: irrational hate for granola, bagels, arugula etc.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

willus posted:

I hope you know how hosed up this is

Almost as hosed up as modifying your truck to emit more exhaust to stick it to dem' liebruls?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I wonder what "industry" it's supposed to be the "standard" in?

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

Formal debate is a contest of who can speak fastest. It's loving awful.

Only stupid formats like policy.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Cheekio posted:

So far I've seen them more or less walk all over positions I'd disagree with to start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn0tPRjVBvw

Christopher Hitchens was an imperialist piece of poo poo though. And the catholic church could easily be a force for good in the world if they'd just stop telling Africans not to use condoms; they do all kinds of things that are worthwhile.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Oh poo poo I missed your stupid "haha Catholics are pedophiles" joke. Hurf durf.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I don't want to further derail the anti-vac thread but look how competent the CDC is with their deadly pathogens. I don't see any reason not to trust THESE guys with the last living Variola samples, no siree!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Run for some county or state position.

I remember when Chlamydia Jones was our election expert because he ran for county coroner.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

That's a pretty amazing name for a coroner.

You know I can't even remember if he won? This was at least eight years ago.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Is FivethirtyEight good now? I remember when the site launched and a lot of people said it had a lot of problems. Have they fixed those or does it still suck? I really only read fivethirtyeight for the electoral projections and I can get my sports analysis elsewhere.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

ErichZahn posted:

It turns out my dad wasn't with Ollie North! He's just a piece of human poo poo who lied about everything other than being a Republican! He's a fake marine instead of a real one so I don't need to deal with any awkward poo poo at all!

Also I was an accident resulting from a one-night-stand. :v:

Wait what? Post more about this.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Am I late for Hawaiian pizza chat because that poo poo is amazing.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I live in New York but I'm a drat dirty traitor because holy poo poo Chicago pizza is the best.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Indian food is great though who doesn't like Indian food? I'll fight you.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Terrified white people?

Fun game for ethnic foods, go to yelp and see how many 1 star reviews hinge on "WOAH THIS IS WEIRD". My favorite Ethiopian joint has piles of 5 stars saying how wonderful it is and then there's always like 1 or 2 bad ones all "WE HAD TO EAT WITH BREAD AND IT WAS HOT WHAT THE gently caress ETHIOPIA?!" I imagine if you're starting an 'odd' ethnic place you worry about that factor.

i once went to an Ethiopian restaurant with some people and they kept making loud jokes to the effect of "What Ethiopian food? Are we going to eat dirt patties? Get it they have constant famine lol" and it was actually kind of funny the first time but then it was really embarrassing.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I don't understand why we shouldn't use technology to try and ensure that future generations of humans don't have to deal with terrible illnesses that have plagued us. I'd even be willing to consider letting people screen for really in-depth poo poo like intelligence or attractiveness if it were possible. The implications creep me out, but there's a difference between my thinking something is icky and its being morally wrong. I'm pretty much fully in favor of a woman's right to choose and I'm not all that interested in scrutinizing what reason women have for making reproductive choices.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

The four day school week thing won't actually happen. It would kill the GOPs only success story dead.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Cercadelmar posted:

Does your city just wallow in garbage or do you have to actually drive your old pizza boxes to the landfills?

They probably have private collectors.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Oh god the unironic defenses of Reagonomics.

GBS is retarded.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

What are they doing posting about that jackass? Isn't he more of a glibertarian than a conventional member of the right wing?

Wait is that "glibertarian" intentional? I like it.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Talmonis posted:

Your consistant use of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar, while never capitalizing in any way is making my eye twitch. This can only be on purpose. I can't look away. The "i" is laughing at me every time. I may need sleep.

Mother of God, it's not just you either...

This is the chat thread!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

zoux posted:

You guys think American exceptionalism is irritating, try on Texan exceptionalism for a second. I don't know if people who live in Delaware are like "Delaware is a unique and the best state ever and should lead the nation in everything because we know how to do stuff right" but that's what it's like in Texas. With Texas not Delaware.

Well I used to live in Massachusetts but they really are better at everything so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

I once did something monumentally stupid in Botswana and almost got thrown in prison. Never again.

EDIT: NOTE: Didn't actually do anything illegal.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 22, 2014

• Locked thread