Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bill Leak is a mother fucker:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Tokamak posted:

Surely prices can only go up, up, up! That's why the government is considering a policy where you can pay for a house with your retirement money. If no one can afford to buy a house and you are looking to sell, the only thing you can do to get offers is to lower the asking price...
Really now

Nothing you're posting indicates there is going to be a crash, prices may slow or stall or even fall a little but like I said we need a sustained recession for a crash. Please understand I'm not arguing that housing prices are only going up or that they are a great investment simply that a crash is unlikely. Some in discussion seem to be deluding themselves that a massive crash is imminent which it isn't. People are not going to start shedding their investment properties like crazy because the capital growth in their investment is not meeting their costs.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Scapegoat posted:

Nothing you're posting indicates there is going to be a crash, prices may slow or stall or even fall a little but like I said we need a sustained recession for a crash. Please understand I'm not arguing that housing prices are only going up or that they are a great investment simply that a crash is unlikely. Some in discussion seem to be deluding themselves that a massive crash is imminent which it isn't. People are not going to start shedding their investment properties like crazy because the capital growth in their investment is not meeting their costs.

With negative gearing a lot of owners are already running at a loss. I think a sudden downturn could trigger people to do exactly what you say they wouldn't. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon, but I equally do not have the confidence in such a ridiculously inflated market that I would willingly put my money down.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Endman posted:

How do you chaps deal with the realisation that there are real people you really know that think unemployment welfare is a waste for "dole bludgers"?

Because I got very angry on facebook at somebody and now I feel dizzy.

Any more answers for this? I am dealing with the same problem.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Do Muslim people have big shining neon signs above them that say "I'm a Muslim" because I didn't think religion was something that showed like that.

Oh wait, she's just hating on "dem browns", rightio.

Also, why is Eric Abetz speaking on matters concerning Newstart/Welfare and not Kevin Andrews? Oh, he's a Nationals member, don't worry.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Can someone repost the statistics on how many welfare recipients actually rort the system? I know it was posted somewhere in the last 10 pages but I'd rather not have to dig it out.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

th1nk posted:

Delete your Facebook account, join the greens. start a meditation practice for the anger & dizziness.
Or conspire to get the person fired so they can have a firsthand experience.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

th1nk posted:

The same as when I realise I know people, and have family, who legitimately say things like "I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic, but..."

I die a little on the inside, and hope for a revolution

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I like how the entire family stole her chair.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Jumpingmanjim posted:

whereas this is condemned as anti-semitic.

he's got a big nose, of course it's anti-semitic

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

When I was a kid we were queuing up at a theme park to ride the bumper boats and some kids pushed in. My dad told them to move and they ignored him so he picked one up and placed him out of the line. He wasn't a Muslim but dad was my hero after that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I think they are taking the piss but it is tough to tell.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

I'd use USYD's superior military fire-power to obliterate every square inch of their campus. The more indiscriminate destruction and killing the better.

Then the rockets would stop because UNSW would cease to exist. UNSW? Who?

KingEup fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jul 31, 2014

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CrazyTolradi posted:

Also, why is Eric Abetz speaking on matters concerning Newstart/Welfare and not Kevin Andrews? Oh, he's a Nationals member, don't worry.

Witchfinder General Abetz roots out evil wherever it rears its ungodly tentacles of welfare state.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Scapegoat posted:

I think a lot of you guys are deluding yourself if your think there is going to be a massive crash in housing prices. A lot of people will not sell their house for a loss even if it makes sense. Interest rates are low and people are paying off their debt. Even when the GFC hit there wasn't a massive crash though a few people who were leveraged to the hilt got taken to the cleaners. If we have a sustained recession maybe but if the dollar corrects itself that's not even on the cards at the moment.

If you're using your house to live in then it's highly unlikely you'll sell for a loss since you're probably going to buy in the market you sell in. If your house price comes crashing down then, oh no, so did all of the other ones. Your currency of $House is worth the exact same amount as before (Which is to say it's still worth $House).

my stepdads beer posted:

With all this super talk, please recommend me a better fund. BT's performance last FY:

Don't look at a FY in isolation for super - look at 5-10 year performance at the very least.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I think they are taking the piss but it is tough to tell.

Those accursed muslims and their well known hatred of bicycles! :argh:

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Eric Abetz did a really good performance in Inglourious Basterds

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

KingEup posted:

I'd use USYD's superior military fire-power to obliterate every square inch of their campus. The more indiscriminate destruction and killing the better.

Then the rockets would stop because UNSW would cease to exist. UNSW? Who?

I'd strongly recommend warning them first by just hitting them with one artillery shell a minute or so before the next 14. What's the worst one shell can do?

e: in case you haven't seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb9CC7enkDA

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Haters Objector posted:

Eric Abetz did a really good performance in Inglourious Basterds

Do people outside of Tassie know about "1000 year Erich's" family history?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I went to make sure no-one I have friended liked that page, am I correct in that it seems like they have made that private so you can't see who likes it?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Senor Tron posted:

I went to make sure no-one I have friended liked that page, am I correct in that it seems like they have made that private so you can't see who likes it?

Probably, considering the kerfuffle when the admin was outed.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Sisgmund posted:

If you're using your house to live in then it's highly unlikely you'll sell for a loss since you're probably going to buy in the market you sell in. If your house price comes crashing down then, oh no, so did all of the other ones. Your currency of $House is worth the exact same amount as before (Which is to say it's still worth $House).

Even investment properties are unlikely to be sold at a loss because

1) People don't understand they have a bad investment since even a good investment in a negatively geared property is going to lose money initially
2) People don't like feeling like failures by selling at a loss, if you even look at the stock market people will hold onto shares that have been destroyed simply because they might go up one day rather than selling at a loss and using the capital loss to offset a capital gain.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Guys,

Hypothetically, if you enjoyed going to the snow but couldnt afford to get a hotel room on your own, and you asked on a Facebook Group of snow-goers for a place to crash, and someone said 'sure, for a case of beer per night' and then after you agreed casually mentioned that he lives alone and its actually his house and not a hotel room....

is it wrong to assume that there is more to this transaction than alcohol?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Depends. Are you a good-looking dude?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
i would assume that dude is friendly and wants a case of beer much like air bnb or couch surfing

but if you are a girl i would probs not stay anyway coz ppl can be creepy

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Weatherman posted:

Depends. Are you a good-looking dude?

I get called ugly a lot by people I argue with about politics on facebook, although my profile picture was purposefully ugly.

Soag posted:

i would assume that dude is friendly and wants a case of beer much like air bnb or couch surfing

but if you are a girl i would probs not stay anyway coz ppl can be creepy

middle aged dude whos only public FB pictures are of the snow. Im a dude.

I havent done anything like this before but my friends are all broke rear end students or home owners and I want to go before I have to house sit for a month.

but you cant snowboard with a sore rear end :(

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Laserface posted:

Guys,

Hypothetically, if you enjoyed going to the snow but couldnt afford to get a hotel room on your own, and you asked on a Facebook Group of snow-goers for a place to crash, and someone said 'sure, for a case of beer per night' and then after you agreed casually mentioned that he lives alone and its actually his house and not a hotel room....

is it wrong to assume that there is more to this transaction than alcohol?

as they say on FYAD, poz your neg hole.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

A case of beer is $40-$50 a night, seems legitimate to me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You're right Auspol, that is a loving ugly caricature

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Sisgmund posted:

This is assuming you haven't overmortgaged yourself and then lost your income leaving you unabel to make repayments. But it's not like anyone would do that.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Finally.

Also people got some hella avatars tonight.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Captain Pissweak posted:

Finally.

Also people got some hella avatars tonight.

someone get me one tia

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

my stepdads beer posted:

With all this super talk, please recommend me a better fund. BT's performance last FY:

Pretty sure that's the figure for the current financial year. Mine's similar, but looking at last FY my RoR was around 13% which is more in line with what BCR said was the average.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
With all the talk about ethical super what about energy companies? I'm in NSW and I assume they are all terrible but the carbon tax repeal = cheaper energy for you! And the new letter about deregulation of retail price regulation from energy Australia really makes me want to change.

I'm also taking action against my employer with my union as of next week. Pretty exciting really, it is a very personal thing to me and if the outcome actually goes as expected it will decide if I stay on this career path.

Underpayment claim in an industry where most chefs suffer the same, if I can get a result from this I will be able to bring concrete proof of union benefits and standing up for yourself at work to the hundreds of chefs who don't think there is any hope. I've never heard of a case personally despite working in such an exploitive enviroment so it could have at least a small effect on the industry. I'm not putting up with this anymore and neither should any other chef.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gough Suppressant posted:

This is assuming you haven't overmortgaged yourself and then lost your income leaving you unabel to make repayments. But it's not like anyone would do that.

Or interest rates go up from the all time lows they have been at for a while now.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Frogmanv2 posted:

Or interest rates go up from the all time lows they have been at for a while now.

Impossible. If that were going to happen I wouldn't have "bought" three investment properties on my single income.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
http://unemploymentunion.com.au/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?
Goddamit and i thought my countries policies where hosed.

After reading the OP i have to say the facade at least is much more sane where i come from.

is there at least some real parody party in there ?

• Locked thread