Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

dino. posted:

What do you ALWAYS put in the fridge, what do you NEVER put in the fridge, and what's negotiable, depending on the situation?
How is this even a question? Things that will go bad if left out of the fridge should go in the fridge. Things that don't need to be stored in a cold environment don't need to go in the fridge. :shrug:

Going bad depends on the thing. I put tomatoes in the fridge because they go mouldy if I leave them out. I don't want them to get mouldy. I put butter in the fridge because it will melt if I leave it out.

I put bread in the fridge too, because after the first day I'm going to toast it anyway, and if I leave it out it tends to go mouldy before I finish the loaf. I don't understand why anyone eats day-old bread untoasted, regardless of how it's stored.

Croatoan posted:

I do put peanut butter in the fridge because my kids go in phases. Sometimes they love PB&Js sometimes they don't want them at all. Keeping it in the fridge keeps it from going rancid in the month that they may not want any. If they are in the mood, I move it to the cabinet.
What is in the peanut butter you're buying? I've never known anyone to keep peanut butter in the fridge, it lasts perfectly fine in a cupboard.

Bob Morales posted:

Rule of thumb is if it's not in a can or a box, and you're not going to eat it in 3 days, don't buy it.
That's utterly ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Che Delilas posted:

The question is, what's NOT in it? Natural peanut butters like Adams like to go in the fridge because they don't have any preservatives and will develop mold or the oils will go rancid eventually if left at room temp. Jif or Skippy is fine with the pantry for a long time.
I buy peanut butter that is literally just crushed peanuts. I've never had a problem storing it in the cupboard. :shrug:

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Tomatoes do not go on the fridge you nonce. Fridging makes tomatoes terrible and makes you unworthy of them.
Tomatoes that have been in the fridge are better than tomatoes that are covered in mould. This isn't even debatable. :psyduck:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Even those brands will go rancid after a couple months.

What are you even talking about? Peanut butter doesn't go bad in the cupboard.

• Locked thread