Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Most sheriffs have radio DJ experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
Big Jim's Brother, aka Big Jim's Son's Real Dad.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Um... uh.

What?

(More MORE MORE!!!!!)

Also, nice CGI.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I don't even know who's alive and who's pretend dead any more

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
wasn't the whole first season about these four special magical kids

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

Soothing Vapors posted:

wasn't the whole first season about these four special magical kids

We're clearly trying to start off from scratch with new characters and killing all of the old ones

and then bringing them back??

But not Zelda, Zelda needs to come back. And the dog. Diabetes lesbian can stay dead though.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Maybe they'll just cut off her hand so they can still use the Dome

Her brother can carry it around in like a man-purse or something

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Keep your friends close and murderers in the next room.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh this season is gonna be special. :allears:

Shop Suey
Jan 24, 2003
Just watched the episode, a little late to the party, but Holy poo poo! I haven't laughed this much in a long time. The kitchen scene was something special. Pans flying by wires, metal shelf conveniently blocking the only way out (nevermind that silly window). Oven slowly stalking them, obviously completely undodgeable in that large area!

Then Jim with his "Shut up and be dead, I'm busy!" line. I had to pause I was laughing so hard.

Also, why didn't their giant counter-magnet have any effect on anything near it?

The acting and writing was so bad, I was expecting a Sharknado to come out of nowhere and for Barbie to pick up hedge trimmers and dynamite to battle it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Linda is dead! :master:

This season is going places.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Glad to have the greatest enemy of diabetes back, the dome. I was for sure thinking they were gonna kill Barbie so I'm kinda sad it was cute spanish cop instead ='(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Hi there, I'm Stephen King. Could I get a refill from your ... pot of hot water? I guess the coffee is for closers main characters.

Tokubetsu posted:

I was for sure thinking they were gonna kill Barbie so I'm kinda sad it was cute spanish cop instead ='(

At least she finally had time to get her hair done.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 1, 2014

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Holy poo poo this show is really going out strong to try and outshine itself from last year. I love how selective the dome was with pulling magnetic poo poo. Not the contraction thing, but when they were actively being dragged by handcuffs right next to the dome the metal wirefence right next to them is unaffected or the watches on their hands or the buckles in their belt or...

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Big Jim must have some strong neck.

Also, I've read this thread before watching and was joyous the redhead died, but alas, she isn't called Linda.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Dean Norris has shed some pounds. Big Jim is now Little Jim and of course, brother to Heisenberg.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Soulwrangler posted:

Big Jim's Brother, aka Big Jim's Son's Real Dad.

Yeah they made that super obvious

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Twee as gently caress posted:

Yeah they made that super obvious

Are you saying that Junior's mom had sex with her own brother? (His last name was Boudreau, not Rennie)

Oh man, how could I have forgotten how loving terrible this show is. It just got more and more retarded as it went.

- Magnetism strong enough to pull nails out of the wall, but not effect the belt buckles, jean rivets or jewelry anyone was wearing

- The one ethnic character being smooshed only to be immediately replaced with another

- 4 grenades exploding the moment the pin is pulled and having an explosion no larger than a firework

- "SHUT UP AND BE DEAD!"

- Building a giant electromagnet in mere minutes

- Barbie returning sans handcuffs demanding they build said magnet and no one questions it, despite the fact they were about to hang him earlier

- The mother inexplicably not being dead

- AXE MURDER (I guess the dome wanted them to stop murdering each other, because it was getting in the way of the dome's own murder plans?)

- Let's not hold Big Jim accountable for any of his murders or anything...

I like how they didn't even come close to explain what the gently caress happened at the end of last season. Why did she throw the egg in the lake? Why did that cause pink starts to fly up and magnetize the dome? Seriously what the gently caress.

And we're about to his episode 2 of season 2 and they're JUST NOW going to address the scarcity of supplies? MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT EARLIER AND NOT ALLOWED THE LOCAL BUSINESSES TO GOUGE YOUR CITIZENS IN A TIME OF CRISIS!

I can't wait to watch/hate this every week.

ETA: From my wife - "Why was the drowning girl wearing shoes?"

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 1, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my loving God. I just watched the premiere and I don't know if I can do this, guys. Like, I really liked early season 1 but I said months ago that the S1 finale was the worst season finale I've ever seen, but WOW. Some of the line deliveries in this episode ("SHUT UP AND BE DEAD" and "GET THE NAIL OUT OF MY HAND" followed by "I THINK THE DOME IS PULLING IT OUT OF MY HAND" especially) made me just shake my head, Like, the thing about the nail thing is dude, a NAIL JUST SHOT THROUGH YOUR loving HAND. At least try to sound pained. gently caress me.

I've never seen something on a major network that seemed as much like a fan film or something before.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I hope this series ends taking place 30 years in the future with the survivors forming some crazy cult worshiping the dome.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Brocktoon posted:

Are you saying that Junior's mom had sex with her own brother? (His last name was Boudreau, not Rennie)

I missed that part. Still, this is Stephen King so I'm guessing that it's definitely in the realm of possibilities. I mean why would they cast a man to play his uncle that looks like it could actually be the actor's actual dad?

quote:

- Let's not hold Big Jim accountable for any of his murders or anything...

Outside of Barbie, Julia and Junior, does anyone even know he murdered all of those people?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Outside of Barbie, Julia and Junior, does anyone even know he murdered all of those people?

There were just as many people accusing Barbie of murder and they were ready to hang him.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I wasn't going to keep watching this show but after reading this thread I think I have to.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

I missed that part. Still, this is Stephen King so I'm guessing that it's definitely in the realm of possibilities. I mean why would they cast a man to play his uncle that looks like it could actually be the actor's actual dad?

A nephew can look like his uncle. They still share a bunch of genes.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

violetdragon posted:

A nephew can look like his uncle. They still share a bunch of genes.

True it's possible but it was framed like the hundreds of shots I've seen in movies and tv shows of 'dun dun dun, we now shockingly reveal the real father of X'

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

True it's possible but it was framed like the hundreds of shots I've seen in movies and tv shows of 'dun dun dun, we now shockingly reveal the real father of X'

I hope they play it like Oscar and Buster in "Arrested Development."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CODChimera posted:

I wasn't going to keep watching this show but after reading this thread I think I have to.

UTD rivals The Following in terms of hatewatchability, but it's not endlessly depressing and grimdark like The Following. It's got a pretty special place in my heart right now.

I mean, I forget about most shows 15 minutes after I watch them but I'm still chuckling about Linda getting squashed and Dumb DJ Guy being the sheriff now for no apparent reason

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

UTD rivals The Following in terms of hatewatchability, but it's not endlessly depressing and grimdark like The Following. It's got a pretty special place in my heart right now.

I mean, I forget about most shows 15 minutes after I watch them but I'm still chuckling about Linda getting squashed and Dumb DJ Guy being the sheriff now for no apparent reason

Now that the Dome is manifesting and ordering people around it can only get better. I want some sort of anti-Dome aliens to pop in and try to convince the people the fight back against the dome.

At this point I don't even care about the origin of the dome. poo poo, start bringing back dead people like in The Returned just to gently caress with the town.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Incest is gross, so I'm gonna hope for normal family resemblance.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

Hi there, I'm Stephen King.
I remember 12 years ago when Stephen King was all, "This is gonna be my last book! I'M NOT WRITING ANYMORE AFTER THIS. SRS GUISE." Hanging out on this lovely show, I think the guy just needs to call it quits. Especially when how ridiculous his Gollum look is compared to Britt's, "sup?" look.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Illinois Smith posted:

Hi there, I'm Stephen King. Could I get a refill from your ... pot of hot water? I guess the coffee is for closers main characters.

Not defending the show by any means, but I think that pot is one of the ones with the silver bottom, rather than her serving water.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Or maybe they are just drinking tea? Who cares.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The new girl is clearly the egg born into a person.

Also did not see that axe murdering at all. :stare:

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
Haven't watched the episode yet but I am looking forward to it, with Falling Skies and Defiance on the air my hate watching lovely scifi summer is back in effect.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Shitenshi posted:

I remember 12 years ago when Stephen King was all, "This is gonna be my last book! I'M NOT WRITING ANYMORE AFTER THIS. SRS GUISE." Hanging out on this lovely show, I think the guy just needs to call it quits. Especially when how ridiculous his Gollum look is compared to Britt's, "sup?" look.

Don't let this lovely show fool you. His novels have actually been gradually getting better since Duma Key.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 5, 2014

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
So the episode ends with an out-of-nowhere axe murder, ok. And Big Jim is not going to be able to follow the not killing new rule, he will start experiencing withdrawal symptoms if he doesn't get his per episode fix.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The book has Junior banging corpses so at least they didn't go there.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

GreenNight posted:

Yeah, they went a lot more subtle then King did, especially with the Rennies. Even Big Jim seems to have a conscious most of the time, and when he does kill, he believes it's for the good of the town. He can back down. In the book he was incapable of that. And Junior is less "brain tumor crazy psycho killer" then "influenced by the Dome and monomanically in love with Angie.

As hokey as the show can be at times, I think it has the potential to rise above it's source material. I'd like to see more of what goes on outside the Dome. Though with Junior's mother we may get just that. I'd love to see the people on the outside do what they did with Barbie's military background in the book.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

GreenNight posted:

We haven't seen how Junior is going to react to Angie's death yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Am I the only one who's not convinced that Angie is dead yet? I mean unless I blinked or something we never saw her actually die :shrug:

• Locked thread