Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Let me tell you about chester cheetah: too cool to fool.

It was a pretty average poo poo licensed platformer, except, they decided to subvert the invincibility pick up trope.

The item is an electric guitar that, when picked up, chester busts a mad solo on. He hops left, he flourishes right and maybe even does a spin move.

All without you being able to control anything. So the invincibility is 8 seconds where you can kill one enemy if you plan it well.

Oh that doesn't seem bad enough? In level three there's a portion where you ride on top of what I call "the hip hoppo" who is a hippo wearing a clock chain ala flava flav. Anyway while you're on this smallish moving platform there is a guitar pickup and if you get it you die. And there are no enemies around.

The developer of this game was a cockhole.

you might be asking why I love this item if it's such poo poo. It's because it's existance in level forced me to develop this strat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz4GE1IaeG8&t=226s

which should have let me keep bouncing all the way to the end of the level if I didn't suck so much.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread