Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Fixed that for you.

:smith:

Not quite that bad, but yeah I imagine part of why that's dropped off is because of playerbase drop-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Bardlebee posted:

Was the subscription the only thing that made you quit? I haven't seen MUD's that have done subs, I have seen pay to win type of layouts though. Which reminds me, is Achaea now just a big pay to win poo poo fest? I played it years ago because back then it was big RP enforced, which is really the main reason you play a MUD, at least for me. Now they have a whole money thing going on...

Pretty much yeah, I mean were some cliquey bullshits that happened, but I stayed out of that more or less. I did find the lack of 'real' PVP a big downer though, so if need to stab people to stay invested that is something to consider. Also, once you get to a high enough level grinding out some of the skills can be a hugely tedious pain in the rear end. Also keep in mind that I haven't played in more than six year (I think), so a lot could have changed.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

DR's mechanics and world/setting are among the most robust, interesting, and genuinely well-designed you will find in any MUD. DR's community is among the most toxic and horrible.

The other drawback is everyone scripts pretty much constantly. If you want to be a competitive player in the game and access some of the more interesting systems you will need to be able to write little programs to play the game for you. This can be fun, hell a lot of people actually pay extra money for the ability to run their scripts AFK and completely automate the game, and let's face it nearly everyone scripts in MUDs a little bit, but it's still something you're paying for the privilege to do.

I played DR for a long rear end time myself as well FWIW and was extremely well-known during my tenure, but I haven't been back in several years now because the community became an unhealthy influence on my real life. I'm guilty of engaging in the drama to a degree that I shouldn't have, but I was stalked more than once, my personal info published with people calling me at all hours, and even had one player turn up on my doorstep two years after I quit playing. So...yeah.

TBH I'd probably give it another shot now if I could just completely avoid anything to do with other players.

Reene fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 2, 2014

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

Reene posted:

DR's mechanics and world/setting are among the most robust, interesting, and genuinely well-designed you will find in any MUD. DR's community is among the most toxic and horrible.

The other drawback is everyone scripts pretty much constantly. If you want to be a competitive player in the game and access some of the more interesting systems you will need to be able to write little programs to play the game for you. This can be fun, hell a lot of people actually pay extra money for the ability to run their scripts AFK and completely automate the game, and let's face it nearly everyone scripts in MUDs a little bit, but it's still something you're paying for the privilege to do.

I played DR for a long rear end time myself as well FWIW and was extremely well-known during my tenure, but I haven't been back in several years now because the community became an unhealthy influence on my real life. I was stalked more than once, my personal info published with people calling me at all hours, and even had one player turn up on my doorstep two years after I quit playing. So...yeah.

TBH I'd probably give it another shot now if I could just completely avoid anything to do with other players.

Holy drat. That doesn't sound positive at all haha. I don't want anyone coming to my door, weirdos.

It would be nice to find a well populated game with good roleplaying and a good system. I feel like MUD's are always 2/3's of those. Never all three.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Dareon posted:

If we happen to be on at the same time, give me a shout, I'll take you on a trip to Lancre or Genua (The best places for a thief in some sense, Lancre has no unified justice system and the penalties for law-breaking in Genua are literally filling out forms and cleaning graffiti). The characters I can do something like that on are Dareon (wizard) and Kirlian (thief). I have a warrior as well, but Sevadric is in Bes Pelargic and only speaks Brindisian.

Sure thing! I'll look you up, already added your characters as friends in the MUD. My IGN is Nurel

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

I'll reiterate that if you just ignore the players the game itself is pretty good. When I was playing there were a handful of really cool people too and I have a number of lasting friendships from the game, it's not like everyone is a psychopath or something. It's just that bad poo poo tends to be what sticks in your mind because when it got bad, it got REAL bad.

The PvP policy is probably the single most common source of strife for player and GM alike too. Policy itself and calling down GM sanctions on people for PvP issues became a pretty big tool used to harass and troll other players. I'm told it's better now, but I don't know for sure.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
Perhaps us goons can join a like-minded game and roll together. I know I am working third shift in the US so I am assuming you guys are either up super early or across the pond. It would be cool to roll some characters with a group of people at level 1.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Bardlebee posted:

Perhaps us goons can join a like-minded game and roll together. I know I am working third shift in the US so I am assuming you guys are either up super early or across the pond. It would be cool to roll some characters with a group of people at level 1.

I hear there was plenty of goon activity in the MUD called HELLMOO. That was a post apocalyptic insanely depraved and funny world to play in.

Unfortunately the game staff went berserk and closed down the game only a few days after I rolled my first character there. That must have been around 2 years ago.

Later they brought it back up in two instances. There was the classic HELLMOO which now had PK restrictions, and another called "Hell:After the end" which was free PK/free loot like the original game. This schism divided the staff and the playerbase and was disastrous for the game. I should check out if there are still people playing either of those.

Needless to say the original game was a complete PK rapefest. I wanted to create a stealthy hideous freak character who would later evolve into a huge radio active flying abomination with claws. It would rape its victims and burn them with toxic sperm, then splatter their corpses into pulp.

It never came to fruition.

There was a whole SA topic about Hell which I remember reading back then.

Do you guys know what has become of this awesome MUD?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

I know InfernoMOO is still floating around and is basically HellMOO with all the rape poo poo taken out. So if that's your jam, you might want to check it out.

I've had an ambition to build my own game with the mechanical complexity of Hell/Inferno except with an actual decent roleplay-enforced fantasy setting I've been writing but I am a poo poo coder, so welp.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

To tie this back to TG, I dream of one day adapting Avendar's setting to some tabletop game or other. It will be beautiful and perfect and no one will ever buy it. :smithicide:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I've never dipped my toe into content creation/coding/wizzing for MUDs, is it all just C/C++/C#?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

The codebase is usually C, though I know of some in other languages. Most muds I know of let you build your content, like your areas and items and all that, online with editors. For fancy stuff I know Avendar has a super powerful scripting language, but it's also one that's unique to that game; I'm not sure how others do it.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Reene posted:

I know InfernoMOO is still floating around and is basically HellMOO with all the rape poo poo taken out. So if that's your jam, you might want to check it out.

Well, I don't think I'll go for it. It should have very few players, and even fewer playing when I play (I'm in eastern Europe timezone). Besides, its not HELL if you're not raping/being raped by anyone.

Also, I love Discworld novels and the MUD is very well designed. I'll stay there and build my character over the years.

The only thing that bums me out on the Disc so far is the lack of flying mechanics.

All that aside, I also will be checking out Unwritten Legends sooner rather than later. I am a roleplayer after all, and Discworld is not recommended for any kind of serious roleplay. Its TOO funny :P

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

Nurel posted:

I hear there was plenty of goon activity in the MUD called HELLMOO. That was a post apocalyptic insanely depraved and funny world to play in.

Unfortunately the game staff went berserk and closed down the game only a few days after I rolled my first character there. That must have been around 2 years ago.

Later they brought it back up in two instances. There was the classic HELLMOO which now had PK restrictions, and another called "Hell:After the end" which was free PK/free loot like the original game. This schism divided the staff and the playerbase and was disastrous for the game. I should check out if there are still people playing either of those.

Needless to say the original game was a complete PK rapefest. I wanted to create a stealthy hideous freak character who would later evolve into a huge radio active flying abomination with claws. It would rape its victims and burn them with toxic sperm, then splatter their corpses into pulp.

It never came to fruition.

There was a whole SA topic about Hell which I remember reading back then.

Do you guys know what has become of this awesome MUD?

I remember the game and its variants, but I was hoping more of a RP focused one. Hard to find good ones that have people.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Reene posted:

DR is the other MUD I can talk at length on due to personal experience, but this is pretty much spot on. As a video game I'd rank DR as the best MUD I've ever encountered. As a roleplaying experience, it pales compared to what's out there. The community just never really evolved into a roleplaying community, and they sort of rotted with time instead of aged.

But I am hopelessly biased, and I love DR despite all it quirks and flaws. So I'll just leave it at that.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

nucleicmaxid posted:

I also MUSH some here and there, mostly WOD. It's just as awful as it's always been. And I play/have played SWMUD for about 15 years with varying characters.

WoD MU*s are invariably terrible... and yet they have also been the source of some of the best characters, best roleplayers, and best stories I've ever encountered online. There's always that one or two things that are awesome that make you think 'maybe the rest of the bullshit is worth it,' and it's really not.

...I still sort of miss them.

(then I remember what it was like to staff for one, and I stop missing them)

Nurel posted:

Later on I tried to join a hardcore RP world called Firan Mux. The idea behind Firan is that you are encouraged to roleplay a premade character instead of creating a new one. They have prepared a vast list of premade characters for the playerbase to choose. Whole families of them, ranging from crippled old men, smiths, whores and lackeys to high priests, inquisitors, lords and princesses. They let you play what you want in their own controlled environment. Of course they require application submission before allowing you to embody one of the more influential characters of the world.

Ah, FiranMUX... I tried Firan a few times, mostly at the behest of people who were already playing. It had - at least back then - a good-sized playerbase, and what looked like some really well-made game code, and the devotion to roleplaying and worldbuilding was obvious; even the pregenned characters they want you to start off with had plot hooks and character relationships dangling from them. The people that play there seem to love it.

My problem was that I found the sheer volume of material made it inaccessible. There's literally years of backstory going on, and every single character seems to have been involved in all of it; it doesn't help that some of those pregenned characters were actually PCs that had been abandoned, which means you were playing a guy who had history with other PCs who are still around - and you might not know all the details about it! There was just so much data, so many details, that I felt like everyone else was playing a game based on a TV show I wasn't watching, and I couldn't get into it. I needed a better New Player Experience, but that wasn't so much a Thing back in the proverbial day.

Game's almost old enough to vote, though, and it's still kicking, so more power to 'em.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Dareon posted:

If we happen to be on at the same time, give me a shout, I'll take you on a trip to Lancre or Genua (The best places for a thief in some sense, Lancre has no unified justice system and the penalties for law-breaking in Genua are literally filling out forms and cleaning graffiti). The characters I can do something like that on are Dareon (wizard) and Kirlian (thief). I have a warrior as well, but Sevadric is in Bes Pelargic and only speaks Brindisian.

Does L Space still exist? It was always the easiest and safest way to get to and from Genua when I played my thief.

But I was REALLY patient with the completely random maze that was L Space.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

WoD MU*s are invariably terrible... and yet they have also been the source of some of the best characters, best roleplayers, and best stories I've ever encountered online. There's always that one or two things that are awesome that make you think 'maybe the rest of the bullshit is worth it,' and it's really not.

...I still sort of miss them.

(then I remember what it was like to staff for one, and I stop missing them)

Yeah. :smith:

They were SO GREAT those times when a few good roleplayers, a decent ST/Wiz, and a fair idea for a plot got together. Like, legitimately a thousand times better than any TT experience in terms of quality of storytelling, roleplay, and even friendliness and understanding when it comes to mechanics and questions.

I staffed on a few of them, but I absolutely hated myself the whole time. I mostly staffed Werewolf, because it's the most emotionally evocative game for me (lol I'm a nerd) due to the way the cosmology/backstory is structured (and I could type a big rear end paragraph about the interesting themes in werewolf). If you ever played on Metro we probably played together at some point. Though I did play other MUSHes as well (Denver, Black Metal or whatever it was called, the one set in Austin forever ago, etc.)

As for goon MUDs. A lot of goons play Icesus from time to time. It's a Finnish mud, and we actually have a halfway decent stockpile of weapons/armor/etc. if anyone new wants to try (add me on AIM if you have it, or pm me if you want to get on my gchat or just post here and say you'll be on). We even have a private channel, and a few old players who help us out from time to time. But most of us are playing Swordsman Online for a little while since it just launched, and Wakfu, so it's not going to be super populated.

In addition, Finnish MUDs are their own really weird thing, and are hyper grindy, so that may put some people off of it.

Also I think 2-3 goons play Discworld, or at least that's the impression I got from the last thread. Though they don't like.. have a channel or interact really (also just the impression I got, may be wrong.) I never read the series, and couldn't get into that MUD.

I'd be willing to help people with Armageddon, Icesus, or SWMUD stuff, or even if anyone is actually playing the Reach (nWoD MUSH), I've decided recently that I hate myself enough to give it another go.

EDIT:

quote:

Firan :words

Not to mention that nobles can/did/do legally rape commoner woman 24/7, because of a thing called Noble Privilege! And the fact that the MUSH has turned into little more than a mechanism to try and shill the head wizard's wife's books!

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 2, 2014

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I have a love/hate with Icesus and that whole BatMUD-originated system of character development. On one hand I love it deeply for being deep, skill-based and allowing for a strong variety of experiences.

On the other hand, this cannot be overstated: Grindy. As. gently caress. I made the mistake back when I was playing BatMUD to try to aim toward acquiring one of the remort races. gently caress doing something like that ever again.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

It's been a good six months since I touched a MUD, but thanks to this thread I just reinstalled MushClient on my new PC. This hobby :negative:

Logging into SWMud though and seeing there's actually quite a few people online right now, including a few I've known for quite a long time, makes me pretty happy. If there's one thing MUDs are good for, it's a sense of nostalgia.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

While I'm thinking of the Finnish MUDs, is there any good pet classes in Icesus? I gotta admit that 100% of the reason I'm thinking of dipping my foot back in BatMUD is because I loved the poo poo out of Riftwalkers, both the functionality and the theme.

I know Earth Priests exist, but I know nothing other than they do undead stuff.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Conskill posted:

While I'm thinking of the Finnish MUDs, is there any good pet classes in Icesus? I gotta admit that 100% of the reason I'm thinking of dipping my foot back in BatMUD is because I loved the poo poo out of Riftwalkers, both the functionality and the theme.

I know Earth Priests exist, but I know nothing other than they do undead stuff.

Earth Priests are the number one pet class. And, in fact, are the only pet class I think.

You need about 1million EXP to start off, which sounds like a lot, but is like a 2-3 days of playing in a goon group if you want to go that route. You basically summon an increasingly powerful undead pet that gains exp. You also get some heals by literally cutting pieces off of people and replacing them with undead bits.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Earth Priests are the number one pet class. And, in fact, are the only pet class I think.

You need about 1million EXP to start off, which sounds like a lot, but is like a 2-3 days of playing in a goon group if you want to go that route. You basically summon an increasingly powerful undead pet that gains exp. You also get some heals by literally cutting pieces off of people and replacing them with undead bits.

In theory you can also buy or tame a horse/turtle/riding dog and train it to fight while you're riding it, but its more likely to cost you millions in silver which you'll lose when you forget to tie the guy up outside of town, or it gets murdered on accident. Some of the event prizes like Graemor Riding Tigers or Bears have special attacks they coded in recently, but I have no idea how to actually get them

Conskill
May 7, 2007

nucleicmaxid posted:

Turns out I have something north of two million EXP from my last Icesus romp, and a whole lot of Infecti gear I probably won't need anymore if I do this. :toot:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Conskill posted:

Turns out I have something north of two million EXP from my last Icesus romp, and a whole lot of Infecti gear I probably won't need anymore if I do this. :toot:

Hey, post your Icesus name and when I get on later tonight if you're on I'll add you to the goon channel. Infecti gear won't actually be awful for an epriest, +wis and spr are going to be big.

And yeah, like Vadun said, you can train up a dog or whatever. We had a goon cart for like a month, until someone forgot to tie it up and we lost it. Eventually, once they go on sale again, we can build a goontower too.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Icesus name is Ricven, I might already be on the channel from last time. I'll fiddle around in Icesus a bit to see if I can find some fun.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

nucleicmaxid posted:

Not to mention that nobles can/did/do legally rape commoner woman 24/7, because of a thing called Noble Privilege! And the fact that the MUSH has turned into little more than a mechanism to try and shill the head wizard's wife's books!

Ugh. I remember ten years or so back, the big selling point was a claim that the maintainers would use game events to write books. That and the occasional creep trying to force people into text-sex when they were more inclined to just use the... what was it? Ritual of Eesh code to gently caress 'em and forget it.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Reene posted:

I played DR for a long rear end time myself as well FWIW and was extremely well-known during my tenure, but I haven't been back in several years now because the community became an unhealthy influence on my real life. I'm guilty of engaging in the drama to a degree that I shouldn't have, but I was stalked more than once, my personal info published with people calling me at all hours, and even had one player turn up on my doorstep two years after I quit playing. So...yeah.

I kinda feel that a lot of Dragonrealm's problems basically occur due to the fact that it requires a subscription. It basically makes it so that those who play generally are really into roleplay and the gameplay but it also makes it so they are the most fanatical and crazy MUDers there are. I kinda wonder if the fact that those who play now are OH GOD NO NOT FREE TO PLAY is part of the reason Simultronics hasn't gotten on the freemium train.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I was a real MUD-hopper as a kid. I never had access to computers with decent graphics capabilities so while everyone was running around Norrath I was hamming it up in a Wheel of Time MUD or whatever.

I bet that seeing people run around in a MUD you created would be incredibly rewarding. I also bet it's impossible to get players into a new MUD at this stage. :smith:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I have thought about setting up a referral network where you can submit that you are a regular player on one mud to get some startup bonuses on another when you try it out. Most people I know still in the community play 2-3 at a time.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Gorelab posted:

I kinda feel that a lot of Dragonrealm's problems basically occur due to the fact that it requires a subscription. It basically makes it so that those who play generally are really into roleplay and the gameplay but it also makes it so they are the most fanatical and crazy MUDers there are. I kinda wonder if the fact that those who play now are OH GOD NO NOT FREE TO PLAY is part of the reason Simultronics hasn't gotten on the freemium train.

I've tried DR several times and could never get past the initial (free) month because of the scripting, despite all the mechanics that I like about it. I'm not opposed to scripts in general, but playing the game devolved to typing out rote permutations of "feint, slash, sweep" and eventually wondering why I'm even at the keyboard. Maybe it gets better later on but I never felt like staying around to find out.

Meanwhile I reactivated my Gemstone IV subscription and still have fun with it, and my impression is that most active players there right now would like a free-to-play model but Simutronics is very stubborn about squeezing every penny out of a shrinking playerbase. Case in point, they recently added to the cash shop an option to purchase 10 extra item storage slots for about $20. This is already exorbitant in itself but then you realize that if you have multiple characters on the same account each of them automatically gets 20 slots (or like 300 slots with a premium account), so why don't you just--oh because they've never implemented a safe mechanism to transfer items between your characters.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Evil Sagan posted:

I bet that seeing people run around in a MUD you created would be incredibly rewarding. I also bet it's impossible to get players into a new MUD at this stage. :smith:

:smithicide: Why, yes.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Promethium posted:

I've tried DR several times and could never get past the initial (free) month because of the scripting, despite all the mechanics that I like about it. I'm not opposed to scripts in general, but playing the game devolved to typing out rote permutations of "feint, slash, sweep" and eventually wondering why I'm even at the keyboard. Maybe it gets better later on but I never felt like staying around to find out.

Meanwhile I reactivated my Gemstone IV subscription and still have fun with it, and my impression is that most active players there right now would like a free-to-play model but Simutronics is very stubborn about squeezing every penny out of a shrinking playerbase. Case in point, they recently added to the cash shop an option to purchase 10 extra item storage slots for about $20. This is already exorbitant in itself but then you realize that if you have multiple characters on the same account each of them automatically gets 20 slots (or like 300 slots with a premium account), so why don't you just--oh because they've never implemented a safe mechanism to transfer items between your characters.

Hah. It was always like that with me and gemstone. Like it feels like I just go attack x, and maybe cast a spell and the skill system always seemed more meh to me.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I remember playing Gemstone very, very briefly. I think I saw two people and dozens of empty chests.

It took six months and an angry e-mail to one of Simu's VPs to get them to stop spamming me with ads for their other loving games. Never again.

I've heard that the IC/OOC relationships between players and staff on some of their smaller games can be downright unhealthy, too. Like one of their headwizzes writing a glowing review of two people's lovely canned-emotes cybersex logs levels of unhealthy.

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006

Gorelab posted:

Hah. It was always like that with me and gemstone. Like it feels like I just go attack x, and maybe cast a spell and the skill system always seemed more meh to me.

I played DR from beta til about 5 years ago. Unwritten Legends uses a hacked up cross between Dragonrealms and GS3 (not GSIV) code.

I posted it in the other thread in MMO, but I have a linux machine on my network that is more or less collecting dust. If some enterprising goons wanted to try their hand at building a world, I'm not opposed to running a mud on it. I know enough C to debug most code problems or implement patches/code snippets into existing code (and then debug it again when it doesn't work as intended). If anybody is interested you can pester me about it on AIM (kastinovitch ; note, I don't speak russian, its the name of a wow character). Somewhere around here I have a flash drive with a repository of all the major (and some minor) code bases from 1993 to 2008. I'm personally partial to ROM but probably just because the creator is a friend of mine. (I can also raid mudbytes for anything else)

Edit: Because I am a giant nerd, I also registered an IRC channel on synirc.net to yak about it, or any other mud. Room is #goonmud and password is (with out quotes) "schadenfreude"

Kasan fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 3, 2014

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Reene posted:

Botting's what killed mudding for me and all my locals. We played The Forest's Edge a whole bunch in the 90s, which was a very nice game with a world that rewarded exploration, but the optimal way to level was always to script up and bot an area all weekend. The game's still in existence and there are a bunch of characters logged in, but I don't think there are any humans at the keyboard any more...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bieeardo posted:

I never really got into MUDs beyond an afternoon's foray, but I've been on multiple MUX and whatnot for far too long, and this is why I avoid violent conflict on those games as much as I can. Even when none of the parties are intending to god-mode, there's way too high a possibility that pose styles are still going to come into conflict, or intentions are going to be confused.
I used to have a policy about this when I rolled on some MUSH or other about discussing relative capabilities and figuring out what the outcome of the fight would be in general terms beforehand then going to town with the RPing.

But it's not limited to violent conflict either, I had a ninja character peace out and just vanish to get the last word in a conversation with my character.

My much more experienced ninja character. I didn't press it because I didn't want to just kick the RP over and be a jerk about it but I considered having one of the charstaff have a word with them about it later, I can't remember if I did though.

(ps I was charstaff and the junior one out of two so the person getting assigned to talk to them would've been me)

stille
Oct 9, 2012
Yep, no SA club on Discworld afaik. I'm Aphaea there, if anyone needs any help/wants any company/etc, hit me up

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
If anyone wants to chat about Muds, Kasan made a new IRC channel #goonmud on synirc.net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I always wonder what we could do if we got a group of goons rolling on one of the IRE muds (Achaea, Aetolia, Imperian and Lusternia - there's also Midkemia Online produced by them but..bleh). One of IREs gimmicks is that everything - cities, guilds, religious orders etc - is player run. If we could get some people on board maybe we'd be able to make the people who take the games far, far, far too seriously very unhappy, which is always fun.

I haven't touched any of the IRE games in years though so I don't know if it's still possible.