Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

A simple Google search put me here.

Or this Youtube.

And this collection of links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I would say Monsterhearts does 90% of that with just a little paperback book. Playbooks and skins are designed for ease of pickup play, after all.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lemon Curdistan posted:

In all this talking about shitstains, we missed some important news: http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showthread.php?14628-News-From-Lockhaven

Mouse Guard is getting a second edition soon. :getin:

I wonder how much of the newer stuff from the comics it'll include, since I've heard Luke Crane wasn't happy with the idea of non-mice also getting to be fully civilized critters.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Funny way of spelling Ryuutama you got there.

Is that out yet? :(

In layout. There was a backer email on it just today!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Al Baron posted:

So Microsoft just killed its Xbox Entertainment Studios.

So bye-bye Deadlands?

Honestly, this was probably the best possible ending to that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DalaranJ posted:

If you're wondering how hard Mearls is thinking about the toxicity in our hobby the answer is not hard enough to ever consider firing Greenwood.

Ed's a dirty old man, no question, but I'm pretty sure he's incapable of hatred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My favorite guys in Glorantha are the trolls. The trolls are a heavily matriachal group of underground critters who run on a sort of duality of savagery and protection. A troll is your worst enemy if she doesn't like you, because she will come in the night and kill you and eat you.

(And then spit you out later because trolls can't actually digest human beings.)

And if she likes you? That troll is your best friend. She will protect you and guard you in the dark places.

Trolls are terrifying, because they come in the darkness, they come in hordes and they are a deeply cursed race, which tends to make them very cranky. Most of their children are worthless - literally worthless trollkin, creatures too stupid to be much use for anything. Trollkin are largely kept around as snacks. Trolls used to birth huge litters. Now, well, those are trollkin. Now, actual troll births are rare.

This is because trolls are quite literally the greatest bastion in the world against Chaos, and their tireless work in destroying Chaos ended up pissing off a very powerful Chaos...person-deity-thing that cursed them irrevocably. Nothing they've tried has ever been able to fix it. Ever. Even their eldest, most potent witches can't do much - and given at least one of those is a minor goddess in her own right, that says something. (Cragspider is also very dangerous to everyone around her, being kind of a jerk, but she's trying to fix things! ...for trolls.)

Oh yeah, and one of the world's greatest heroes decided that, since no one else was going to gently caress Chaos up enough, he was going to turn himself into a troll. (Most of humanity remembers him as a traitor, because...well, he turned himself into a troll and betrayed his old cultures in order to become better at monomaniacally slaughtering chaos.)

This is just one tiny corner of the setting.

• Locked thread