Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
It would definitely be cool to see someone sell a Campaign Box that actually came with stuff similar to Legacy components. Stuff like 'Open this Envelope if the Orcs take over the caves' or a map that came with stickers you could apply when major events happened. Obviously you can do all this stuff by hand but not everyone's got the time for all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
I wish the lesser known/indie RPGs could afford to make Box Sets. I'd love to stock copies of Monster Hearts or FAE or something that were nice, self contained packages that people could pick up for $19.99 but D&D is really the only game in town. Guess I'll just continue to not sell RPGs!

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Spincut posted:

What do you mean by box sets?

Like something with some pre-gen characters, some sort of adventure framework for a new DM to use to get themselves on the right track, some dice. The sort of stuff you see in like the Star Wars Edge of the Empire box or the 4th Edition Essentials Redbox. I know for a lot of these games you can get the entire game for like $20, but it's hard to talk up books to people who maybe don't have a ton of RPG experience.

• Locked thread