Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Double Cross is a bad game?

Someone run Double Cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

unseenlibrarian posted:

I was honestly surprised we didn't get a False Hearts game or two posted when the sourcebook came out.

Every time I see unread posts in the recruitment thread I get my hopes up, and they always get crushed. :(

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
You also might want to send an email to WotC or tweet at them. I know that in the past I've sent in emails and gotten replies directly from Worth Wollpert (Magic Online guy) so I'm pretty sure that someone actually reads them.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
August 14th-17th.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Man, if that actually works, then SOMEONE RUN DOUBLE CROSS. Thanks.

And if THAT works, since I was reminded of this today, someone call China Mieville /TOR and get them to take the RPG rights to Bas-Lag back from GMS, because I'd like to see that published sometime before I'm 40.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
If you're serious, in their nonstop quest to make melee terrible, one of the Paizo devs spent 'most of a morning' tying his mouse cord to his wrist and trying to use it like a weapon chain. He could only do it somewhat, so they made weapon chains use a standard action instead of a quick one? Something of that sort. There's a picture about it that I'm sure someone will post shortly.

Also apparently after this kinda blew up he tried to walk back on it and say it was a joke - but the rules change was staying.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I don't know that one, might as well edit it in too. What did some game dev who thought he was a member of the Soviet army do?

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Realms fans should probably be like the third to last person in line to throw stones. Like they can be in front of Flame Princess fans, FATAL fans, and something else I'm invariably forgetting.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pfffttt. Lasers & Feelings redressed as Swords and Sorcery. If your game doesn't fit on one side of a single 8x11 with room for a bit of art, why should I bother? :smuggo:

That said playing a few JRPGs lately, especially FF XIV has given me a bunch of neat ideas for 13th Age style boss monster moves.

"Well officer, the last time we saw Galaga, they were getting ready to go to their weekly role playin' game thing, and they were really excited! Said they had somethin' called "Titan Extreme" to show to their players as a boss. Ain't heard a drat thing from them since then..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Arivia posted:

That dragonmarks are stupid and anime.

E: GODDAMN IT GAU WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DRAGONMARKS BEING STUPID AND ANIME NOW

I don't know, Gary Stu Elminster with his contingencies and his harem are pretty anime. Also bad.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Mind reader! :argh:

But yeah the lethality would certainly have to be toned down. I mean, unless you want Save-Or-Die mechanics that'd make even the most hardcore DnD grogs take pause.

It really does lend itself well to boss fights. I'm not exactly an expert on 13A, but if you need some help brainstorming you could always throw up a thread or google doc and I'd chip in what I could.

• Locked thread