Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

stevenolson88 posted:

But you get to wear cool spurs and stetsons! And your unit history is entirely composed of murdering Native Americans! Talk about pride. In 3cr at least.

brave rifles killed brave indians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I went on a convoy to Taji or Baji (one of those places, who the gently caress knows) in the beginning of my deployment, and it was run by first cav

I saw two E3's standing guard in front of the PX, making sure no one stepped on the massive 1st cav horsehead mural painted on the blacktop, they did 8 hour shifts of this, in full battle rattle.

poor loving bastards.

They didn't even buy me dinner first.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Aranan posted:

I'm going to JRTC sometime this upcoming winter for the first time. Anything I can do ahead of time to make it suck less? Useful poo poo to bring that most people don't think of, etc.?

Wait, what? You're at Drum, right? Who're you with?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Should be making what will hopefully be my last trip to PA tomorrow. Then I will spend the rest of my life trying to never step foot in that lovely state ever again.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Should be making what will hopefully be my last trip to PA tomorrow. Then I will spend the rest of my life trying to never step foot in that lovely state ever again.

drat dude I thought you've been out.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0IiDD_Bv8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

drat dude I thought you've been out.

Technically no. Doing equipment turn in so I get my car's trunk back finally.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Technically no. Doing equipment turn in so I get my car's trunk back finally.

I turned in my equipment, had two drills left, and just didn't go. They called me the first time and I said I didn't know I had drill but can't make it anyway. Two months later, got my discharge. Woo!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I broke my foot the week before my final PT test, 6 months before my ETS. Was not allowed to go to drill in case I injured it further.

Worked for me!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

I turned in my equipment, had two drills left, and just didn't go. They called me the first time and I said I didn't know I had drill but can't make it anyway. Two months later, got my discharge. Woo!

Yeah. If you're a regular or admin sep, they pretty much just want their poo poo back/paid for and finance to be settled if you owe. PCMJ has been in effect for almost a year now but I haven't seen it applied in practice.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Pesticide20 posted:

Cigarettes and dip. Sure people think to bring cigarettes and dip, but they never think to bring enough. Bring a lot. Sell it to people that run out.
Not a bad idea. I don't even smoke/dip, so that means saving it until 2 weeks in to sell won't be a challenge! :v:

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Wait, what? You're at Drum, right? Who're you with?
Yep. 2 BCT.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Yeah. If you're a regular or admin sep, they pretty much just want their poo poo back/paid for and finance to be settled if you owe. PCMJ has been in effect for almost a year now but I haven't seen it applied in practice.

PCMJ? Is that like a PA UCMJ? lol what gay poo poo does that have?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ayep. It's supposed to cover everything from simple poo poo like docking $50 pay for being late to actual criminal offenses. No idea what the scope of application is if you're not IDT or how jurisdiction is handled.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Lmao docking pay

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Wtf is WTC?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

World Trade Center. It got blown up when you were in diapers.

mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009

Retardog posted:

:911:

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Retardog posted:

:911:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
So I finally got an appointment today and it ended up being with some of the Air Force providers at the hospital here on BAF. To quote, my shoulder is "jacked up" and I "possibly need surgery, but regardless of that definitely an MRI". They set me up to go to Germany and were going to get me taken care of. Then, about half an hour ago I get a call from the (useless) medics at my battalion aid station and I'm told that I have to see the PA. I go in there and he starts telling me that the people I got referred to see can't diagnose me and that he's pretty much nixing the entire loving thing. Instead I get to go back in tomorrow and see the ortho doc that my battalion has, which they said I would be doing almost three weeks ago now. I'm so loving fed up with all this poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Open Door policy?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

Open Door policy?

Live Grenade policy?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

So I finally got an appointment today and it ended up being with some of the Air Force providers at the hospital here on BAF. To quote, my shoulder is "jacked up" and I "possibly need surgery, but regardless of that definitely an MRI". They set me up to go to Germany and were going to get me taken care of. Then, about half an hour ago I get a call from the (useless) medics at my battalion aid station and I'm told that I have to see the PA. I go in there and he starts telling me that the people I got referred to see can't diagnose me and that he's pretty much nixing the entire loving thing. Instead I get to go back in tomorrow and see the ortho doc that my battalion has, which they said I would be doing almost three weeks ago now. I'm so loving fed up with all this poo poo.

Your battalion PA is what, an O2? And I'm guessing the Air Force guys were at least O4? Go back to them tomorrow, explain the situation, and ask them to call up your battalion PA and bitch him out.

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 30, 2014

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

Your battalion PA is what, an O2? And I'm guessing the Air Force guys were at least O4? Go back to them tomorrow, explain the situation, and ask them to call up your battalion PA and bitch him out.

That's one of the things I'm thinking about doing. And yeah, I saw an O3 and O5 at the hospital and my PA is an O2. It's the same dude that was like, oh hey, you have a separated shoulder and probably shouldn't be wearing kit but I'm going to go ahead and not stop anyone from taking you to Ghazni even though you need treatment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Go over that fuckers head. gently caress him.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah man. This is your health, and nobody is going to give a gently caress about it but you. Throw some people under the bus if you must; keeping your arm from being permanently broken is worth ruining their day.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Well, my plan right now is to go ahead and see the orthopedics guy tomorrow morning. My supply sergeant, who is the only other person in my company currently here is going to talk to another PA about this loving mess, and if that doesn't go anywhere I'm going back to see the Air Force providers I saw today and I'm going to tell them to bitch out the PA that's loving me over.

e: After my morning visit to see ortho, they came to the same loving conclusion that I need an MRI and possibly surgery. What. The. gently caress. I hate you army, I can't wait to be out.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 31, 2014

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Wow, do I smell a bitches in this thrad? You know you're in war deployment right? And your bitching out about a shoulder tear, a meniscus pull? gently caress off. You're in the forward operating environment and kids over their are DYING every day. Everyone at every level is giving you a chance to show your BALL SACK and volunteer to stay, that's what every kid ever did when they got hurt over there. But I guess you're big bad "hurt shouldy" man, like a little bitch, and want to get out of Afghanistan as fast as possible, dumb peace loving hippy-nic. Fine, go, but don't be surprised when Talibant win.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Lol

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

anne frank fanfic posted:

Wow, do I smell a bitches in this thrad? You know you're in war deployment right? And your bitching out about a shoulder tear, a meniscus pull? gently caress off. You're in the forward operating environment and kids over their are DYING every day. Everyone at every level is giving you a chance to show your BALL SACK and volunteer to stay, that's what every kid ever did when they got hurt over there. But I guess you're big bad "hurt shouldy" man, like a little bitch, and want to get out of Afghanistan as fast as possible, dumb peace loving hippy-nic. Fine, go, but don't be surprised when Talibant win.

This is the first army thread that I have voted a 5, I been instructed to go hog wild

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nominated for SMA.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Thank you for saving this thread

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
That is a pretty good 1SG/CSM impression, would've been perfect if he called college a waste of time and yelled about no jobs.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Nice

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Needs more hooahs/oorahs and bitching about uniform standards

maybe something about police calls or gi parties.

but otherwise a good impression

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

gleep gloop posted:

That is a pretty good 1SG/CSM impression, would've been perfect if he called college a waste of time and yelled about no jobs.

Needs more misspelled words and run-on sentences.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hahahaha holy Jesus that is great

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

same

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

just needs a dash of "Drink water and carry the gently caress on"

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Anansi The Spider posted:

just needs a dash of "Drink water and carry the gently caress on"

Boot, water is for pussies. Drink Rip Its and carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Kaliber posted:

Boot, water is for pussies. Drink Rip Its and carry on.

Do like some kid at the Benning 4th of july (on the 28th of June) celebration did, pound down 2 32 oz monsters, run to your DS and pass the gently caress out within 30 seconds of starting your run.

• Locked thread