Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

orange juche posted:

AMA about catching a married JO boning the MWR rep on the Enterprise.

Um ok. Having spent three years attached to said ship: details? I'm dying to hear about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

If anyone here works with/for an LT 1310/20, odds are 50/50 they didn't get promoted. Gone are the days that drawing air was the only requirement for hinges. (Unless you are literally any other URL designator).

My retirement clock just ran off a couple years really fast and crossed out 'retirement' to read ' plain old freedom'

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Shitstorm? I worked for Pers43 Actual for three years and I imagine he is making GBS threads on and in the mouth of any O5 and below that isn't getting him the information he wants right now.

Nobody I know has heard a peep from the VFA desks. No emails or phone calls. They aren't even answering their phones 99% of the time. The ACCP people are even unreachable.

At least I can take some pleasure in their suffering while I calculate the PV of that pension and cringe.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Doesn't seem so bad until you compare it to even the 60%+ of the last two years. (Let's not talk about the consistent 80%+ years before 2012)

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Obama Africanus posted:

I don't give a gently caress what the circumstances are, if you are in the military and can't manage to be in the top 40% to 50% of people in your field, you are likely just a highly functioning retard in general.

If it's a game of dick suck to get promoted, and your sad about that, then perhaps you shouldn't have signed those dick sucking papers, retard. There's a reason you aren't getting promoted, and the lack of dicks sucked on your part is a symptom of this reason, not the manifestation of the reason itself.

Welcome to the machine.

Holy christ calm down. The amazing thing about this cycle, and the reason everyone is flipping out about it, is that a whole bunch of people who sucked the right dicks, and more importantly in the right places (folks with 3 EPs, flag aides, topgun instructors, etc) are getting dumped just like the triple tap MP dirtbags.

The guidance that the aviation side of the house has been giving people on how to suck dicks is not how the Navy wants dicks sucked apparently.

Will I miss the retirement if I don't advance next year? Sure. Will life be hard as an experienced pilot armed with the GI bill? No.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Please tell me you fantasize about this life for every noble you meet.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

vulturesrow posted:

So promotion boards are not a tool for managing community numbers. That's what administrative boards like the various screen boards are supposed to do. But what is happening in aviation right now is that we have bled enough people that it's getting to the point where we don't have enough people to fill those spots.

This. I don't know what it's like in the other communities, but the VFA community is facing a situation where the people getting selected don't like how things are being managed and choosing to get out.

This is the situation we're facing next year:

55 dept head positions
47 selected for O4
20+ of selectees dropped their letters

So yeah. The reason our bonus is so high is basically quality of life + employability outside the navy. We were struggling to keep good people before this nonsense started and CNAF is livid that Big Navy is greatly exacerbating an already challenging manning problem.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm not arguing about the state of the SWO community at all. Just enjoying some delicious schadenfreude at the expense of the aviation community.

No SWO should ever have sympathy for any aviator. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

And yet the navy won't let me cross rate over to it. Instead they'd rather just straight up lose me. I suppose it's better that way.

We seem to excel at losing motivated, skilled people. It's almost a feature of our personnel system.

• Locked thread