Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

This would be more appropriate if I was on active duty rolling in around 9:30 but, way to leave it to the Goat Locker to do your job. I am sure we had some underused Corpsmen, disgruntled SWOs, or other fellow intel weenie to do it. Anyway, got to finish my coffee and try not to screw up my summer session mid-terms today and tomorrow. Turn to and have a fine Navy day!

Also, below are the list of acceptable nobles, more will be added.

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Boggers posted:

According to the article, this is actually a myth.

But I saw it on AFN and AFN wouldn't lie to me, would they?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

tuluk posted:

the DI's are gonna have brain embolisms calculating his grading scales for his PFT/PRT results.

I wouldn't be surprised. For a lot of people in the Navy, opening up the regs that govern things to actually read them is a real chore and they'd prefer listening to idiots instead of reading. At least for PRTs it is just a page that has a table on it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Updated OP, I cannot believe I forgot about Admiral Z, the man who brought back beards, sideburns, and beer in the BEQ.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sir Lucius posted:

Exactly 3 years to go! 2 questions: Do I have to put in a chit to get my good conduct medal? If CMS-ID doesn't have the job I want do I just wait until next month to try again for new billets?

You shouldn't have to for your good cookie. Unless things changed with going from PTS to C-WAYS or with no one having money any more, your window for negotiating should start at 9 months from your PRD and close at 6. If you aren't selected for orders by then you fall into needs of the Navy. Like I said, things might have tightened up timewise with the money crunch but, that is what what it was and I haven't finished my coffee yet to do proper research on it :chiefsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Probably because PRT coordinator was taken.

Fat :chiefsay: PRT coordinators are way better than skinny, former fat girl, noble coordinator. Fucker screwed over one of the best Sailors we had because of BCA even though he is in-shape and it was 1%. Bonus was said PRT coordinated had to redo an entire group PRT the next drill because she made so many mistakes in a process that is entirely regulation driven.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Was her name Marcia?

No, but that would be good.

orange juche posted:

So what I am getting from this is we should "burn all nobles"? :raise:

Yes, except for CWO/LDOs.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Am I correct in pointing to the spot on the form that says "ONLY SIGN IF YOU ARE CRAZY" and using that as the reason why I won't sign it? Respectfully, of course.

Had the same thing come up because all security managers are terrible. Point it out, they will probably say, "Sign it anyway," you'll say no, they'll say, "welp, not sending it even though you're right," and you'll sign it. Enjoy :chiefsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

LOL. We just had a terrible LDO retire. Super loving creepy dude. Literally said he applied for LDO because he couldn't make Chief.

Firsts like that just need to quickly and quietly turn to dust and not continue along instead. Or, better yet, be a Warrant in the Army.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

My first QD watch, this dude was looking over my shoulder critiquing all of my friends' photos. and commenting on their outfits. Also mentioned he had never seen me at church and wondered what services I attended. I just heard he was hired on as a civilian.

Beside the obvious of him being a creeper and needs to learn personal space, you should have told him you went to Temple on Saturday so that's why he doesn't see you on Sunday.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

You'd call out "Gangway!" to get those shamming enlisted out of the way of a noble.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I don't know if it is just me but, I have found way more people at both active and reserve commands who prefer energy drinks and other bullshit instead of good old fashioned coffee. I don't get it, coffee is basically hot water with caffeine, what's better than that to getting your shift going?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Zotix posted:

I don't think my GPA will let me commission. My GPA slacked near the end and I graduated around a 2.8. It's why I don't even contemplate it. Wish I cared a bit more toward the end, but I didn't and I can't really change it at this point.

Still talk to an O Recruiter about your chances however, I would imagine in today's environment that a 2.8 wouldn't be competitive unless you had something else that was crazy good.

The only reason to enlist with a degree is if you have a very specific goal that can be accomplished by the rate you pick. Echoing what everyone has said, do not settle for anything outside CT rates or IS, anything in the Information Dominance Corps field. (Full disclosure, I'm an IS Chief in the reserves who enlisted with a degree and now am getting an MBA and MS on the GI Bills dime). Don't let your recruiter bully you into signing up for a rate and being able to change it later, approximately 1% chance that'll happen.

Stand your ground, have a very specific goal, and realize that even if everything works out perfect it could still be a lovely 6 years depending on your commands you end up at.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

We had a guy on deployment from Rota, Spain that only chose those orders for the COLA and had never left the base :argh:

That's about the worse thing ever for someone stationed OCONUS.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I am going to stick by the eye test. So guys who the 'rope-and-choke- don't work for end up getting gently caress by BCA standards and not having the old out of just doing well on the PFA and no one gives a poo poo. He's basically got zero percent chance for Chief now because our CFL, who was a JO who's a ragging oval office who didn't give a poo poo about Sailors even she commissioned as an E-5, either couldn't fudge a single percentage point or probably incorrectly measured him since she got relieved of her CFL duties.

All I am saying is there is a difference between being a fat rear end and being Navy fat.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The solution is having a Chief as CFL as the Goat Locker knows best :chiefsay: next question before August hits?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Our Chief CFL was pretty funny. Our CFLs would fail a guy and call him and he'd be all "I don't know send him in and I'll tape him..." and mysteriously our command had 0 body fat failures.

Yeah, almost as though a system where people know when people are fatty fat and just fat fats. I know that must be shocking to those that just think Chiefs are there to gently caress blue shirts.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

orange juche posted:

Holy poo poo it would be nice if someone made an august Navy thread. :chiefsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BZ, Yardarm Friday, have a great weekend.

• Locked thread