Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bright Eyes
Sep 5, 2011

orange juche posted:

It doesn't matter, CTN is wide open and starved for warm bodies, so if you qualify for it, you should be able to get it no matter the time of month.

I lurk GiP every now and then. It still blows my mind the only reason I am not in the Navy right now is because I read one letter wrong at MEPS. CTN requires vision correctable to 20/20 (because pixels are so hard to see!). At MEPS I was corrected to 20/25. (They also DQ'ed me for allegedly having one testicle, but that was fixed...) Anyway, my detailer showed me the 6 CTN slots he had, but he was not allowed to give me without a waiver. The guy responsible for the waiver, who I think was in TN, came back and said no. That was even with a review from my optometrist saying I was correctable to 20/20...before I went to MEPS. The waiver guy said only 100% qualified people were allowed and I could have cried to my optometrist. So, don't forget you need vision correctable to 20/20! Not 20/25. It's gotta be 20/20. Only the best. And no, the detailer will not take your optometrist's record stating you have 20/20. Why? Because gently caress you that's why.

To the guy that asked: If you can't get in through military, try civilian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread