Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
We have a reservist who is really close to 40 in class. Cool dude. Just ancient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I need to go back to an Intel weenie base. Try to hit the gym and there are 40 marine booters beating each other off on each piece of equipment.

Guess they need their weekend pump to go impress the pcola ladies or something

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Which gym was it?

NAS Portside because Radford has poo poo for free weights.

Normally is pretty OK from 10am -2pm but I guess they all got off early.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Corry station only has one gym. It's the gym by the bar. The bar is also a great plae to hang out if you like cheap drinks or dudes.

That bar is p. Great

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I've had a large amount of x86 and ARM registers jammed into my skull along with some basic assembly in the past day. The previous day was signed and unsigned integer operations in binary. Tomorrow will be something else entirely.

This could give people aneurysms.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Ah JCAC. You're never going to remember everything, but the modules they give are still pretty good. Just try to filter every paragraph to a few key bullet points, it's not too often they drill you for nitty gritty details, but if something is written down it could be on the test. That's the one thing I liked about the JCAC tests, if I ever got a question wrong I could look up what it said in the module and see why. It's been 2 and a half years since I've done any of that stuff tho.

If you ever need help with something let me know, I loved learning that stuff.

Yeah its really not all that bad by the time you hit the test. Its just the firehose effect. We already lost two dudes who just couldn't filter through it.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Apparently video games and fishing are the best study habits to have. JCAC has it backwards.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Had the distinct pleasure of spending several hours this morning in a car dealership. The salesmen are annoying but the finance guys are straight up loving thieves. I was a total pain in the rear end of course since I understand arcane subjects such as interest rates. I laughed at the guy when he quoted the first interest rate to me and told him to try again. At one point I looked the guy right in the eye and said "I bet you get a lot of people in here who take the first number you offer them don't you?" He at least had the grace to look embarrassed, but did say yes. I swear that there should be a requirement for young sailors to take a week long car buying class before they are even allowed to think of getting withing 500 feet of a car dealership.

Were you right a off base? When I was here as an E3 they tried to sell me a Mazdaspeed 3 at $600 a month payments for 72 months.

I was also a wizard of the dark financial arts and told him to gently caress off.

I just wanted to test drive it for fun.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Anyone have the quote from Admiral M
ahan about ships being awful and anyone that wants to go on one is terrible?

Found how much he hated the ocean and sucked at driving ships but no quotes

http://www.historynet.com/alfred-thayer-mahan-the-reluctant-seaman.htm

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

What car did you get/what intrest (if you don't mind telling). I was looking at the services at my credit union and they're 2% for new cars.

I just got quoted a refinance on my 2013 Focus ST at 1.7%

If your credit is up for it, sub 2% is easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
By the end of a deployment I was mixing No-Explode I bought off some marines into my monsters to try to stay awake on watch.

It didn't work.

• Locked thread