Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Gotta get the 8 kids on tricare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Cerekk posted:

What in the hell is a mess decks master at arms

E-6 that roams the mess decks pointing to everyone cranking what tables need cleaning. MDMAA polo and all

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always assumed it was like sending someone you work with that's worthless TAD or something. One guy wore his mini warfare pins on his polo it was so cute

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't know what's worse being barked at by an old Filipino CS or cleaning up after nobles or personally delivering their laundry

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah but I mean SH is so broad there's a chance he'll never cut hair? They get a license out of that?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yes a lot of people still fall for going in as an undesignated seaman or airman. I think there's also some kind of "open" contract were you'll get one of a handful of jobs decided for you at boot camp.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Selling leave is never worth it, right? I have about 60 days of leave saved and get out soonish. Not sure if they're going to let me do terminal leave or not. It's 50/50 at this point.

And no one has an answer if you can take over 30. Some say you can take 30 come back for a week then take 30 again. I think my units policy is 30 days max I know some commands people take large amounts

Forgot to add I'd like to get out early but not much going on at work since I'm getting out and have been skating a lot more so if I don't get terminal I won't be too bummed.

What date is the use it or lose it for leave days? Sometime in November?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 7, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Good conduct medal should be automatic. People freak out about making sure their ribbons are in the system. I could care less as long as I absolutely know I "rate" it but I haven't had an issue with it not showing up yet. I've never seen someone asked to show proof of their poo poo but I'm sure it happens

CMS-ID sucks. I didn't get orders until 5 months out and a buddy didn't get his until 2 months out.

At your 9 month window apply as soon as that poo poo opens up until you're at 6 months. If there's multiple things of the same one you can put that more that once. At least that's what I did. All five. I didn't get orders so I had to get ahold of my detailer. Took about 2 weeks of calling, multiple emails, LPO calling, voicemails chief emailing, waking up at 4 am to try to catch them right when they opened. Luckily when she did answer on a fluke she was really nice and helped me out because I did everything the way I was supposed to.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

FWIW my sea duty orders I'm on now are 3 year but I only had 2 years left and I didn't have to extend. I've heard some people do and some don't. My buddy in the same exact situation as me went to Hawaii and he had to extend a year.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It always goes in the butt

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I remember our RDC in boot camp warning us preemptively about the dependapotamoses and such telling us bitches in San Diego have paygrade charts on their fridge

Heard they're getting rid of MCRD in 2016 or something. I know it's been there awhile but I'm surprised it's lasted this long considering that expensive real estate it's sitting on

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh ok poking around on google it just says "might" be shut down. I remember seeing something saying it was closing down but was probably some Navy Times bullshit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pendleton is god drat huge and tons of empty space I don't know why they don't already. Plus they come to Pendleton for training during boot camp I think.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, that's where you do all your shooting and the Crucible. TBH I've thought the same thing, but the advantage of having them separated is probably to keep LCpl's and other assholes from loving with the guys in bootcamp all the time

I don't know who designed the base but gently caress them. It can take upwards of 45 minutes of 40-60 mph driving to get somewhere. There's the main part of the base then 2 camps out in the middle of loving nowhere for infantry.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Smaller ships have 0-5s as COs? Right? And you're ~supposed~ to call it for the CO and anyone of equal or above rank? Idk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Had the distinct pleasure of spending several hours this morning in a car dealership. The salesmen are annoying but the finance guys are straight up loving thieves. I was a total pain in the rear end of course since I understand arcane subjects such as interest rates. I laughed at the guy when he quoted the first interest rate to me and told him to try again. At one point I looked the guy right in the eye and said "I bet you get a lot of people in here who take the first number you offer them don't you?" He at least had the grace to look embarrassed, but did say yes. I swear that there should be a requirement for young sailors to take a week long car buying class before they are even allowed to think of getting withing 500 feet of a car dealership.

Before classing up in a-school we had to do a week long financial management class which included poo poo like that and mall kiosks for laptops, etc

Didn't stop people though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Which is true if they smoke

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

doesn't everyone use one of those gay little vaporizers now? idk i'm waiting for the first dipshit enlisted person (not necessarily a sailor) to chug a bottle of that fluid on a dare and die and then dod outlaws vaporizers

"Banned" inside ship

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I don't think I've seen anyone that smoked e-cigs not go back to regular cigarettes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You guys know caffeine comes pure in a pill form right

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah those programs exists and are definitely a possibility but are extremely competitive and hard to get. You should never enlist with the pretense of "I'll just switch to officer down the line np"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah but always need nukes and SEALs though

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Haha holy poo poo one of my co-workers had liquor in his room (not supposed to, everyone does, no one cares, he apparently didn't know) and there was a health and comfort. He lost his orders to Naples, got NJP'd, got extended here, and is now needs of the Navy lol

Welp that's my story

We had a guy on deployment from Rota, Spain that only chose those orders for the COLA and had never left the base :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Must be one of those rare chiefs that get outcasted from THE GOAT LOCKER

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm so jealous of Euro Navy dudes. All my friends there are posting poo poo in a different country every weekend :argh:

I know one dude who has managed to swing 4 years in loving Rota. Bastard

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey just don't be fat? The requirements are pretty loving lax dude

Don't give me that "taping is inaccurate you see my neck and this and that"

They're just fat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm no old salt but I've never seen someone fail who honestly legitimately shouldn't have.

22% body fat lol

gently caress 'em

I've seen 250+ lb bodybuilder dudes pass just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Was on a Navy base with fat Navy dudes for a while and a ship with (surprise) fat Navy dudes and worked with said Navy dudes

Most greenside Corpsmen are fat worthless fucks anyways

I do feel for the guys that legit work long hard hours and just don't have the time and are forced into a lovely diet and especially sub dudes

• Locked thread