Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Stultus Maximus posted:

I didn't take terminal because I was starting classes a month after EAOS so it wasn't like I had a job lined up that was paying more. Might as well get full pay and allowances until the last day and then get a bonus check for a month's base pay.

~70% of a month's base pay you mean

anyway everyone is different but unless you were a chief or a dirtbag that no one expected anything out of most people don't want to work up until their very last day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

im pretty sure even people who aren't in the navy knew what they meant

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

I've never heard 'shooters' refer to anything but a dive bar

I could see 'the SWO community' calling attention on deck if a captain walked into a joint like that

I meant in the sense that I could determine what was meant by shooters, not that it's some unofficial way that swos refer to cruisers/destroyers

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

go for the long troll and tell them that they'll get 10 minute breaks every hour when they get to the fleet

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

doesn't everyone use one of those gay little vaporizers now? idk i'm waiting for the first dipshit enlisted person (not necessarily a sailor) to chug a bottle of that fluid on a dare and die and then dod outlaws vaporizers

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

orange juche posted:

It'll be a sailor, cmon

the only reason I said it might not be is because I'm not sure how popular they are amongst the other branches

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

they're all the rage here and by all the rage I mean some scrub sn goes and spends $400 on one uses it for a month and goes back to kools

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

~vape culture~

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

This is true. Also ETMS was one of the few schools where the staff would throw a shitfit if the boat was still making you stand duty (which they all did.)

When I was a nub my chief (who was the boat's schools CPO or whatever at the time) threw me and another RC-div nub into the fiber optics repair course, even though I'm pretty sure our boat didn't have a single fiber. It was pretty funny to be two ET3s and be blazing through all the labs and watching the comm ETCS's flop and twitch and demonstrate stunning ignorance of basic troubleshooting guidelines or procedural compliance.

a senior chief incompetent???? :monocle:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

bengy81 posted:

We were sitting in Dahlgren for a dumb c-school graduation and the IC3 in charge of the projector played the first 10 mins of the Forestall video for an auditorium full of parents and grandparents. Definitely one of the most WTF moments I remember from the navy.

lol sick troll

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

wish i could bring a camera in to snap a picture of the fuckin sea buoy that blimps around the hallways at work. would definitely be a major loss (heh) if they got rid of him

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

I am going to stick by the eye test. So guys who the 'rope-and-choke- don't work for end up getting gently caress by BCA standards and not having the old out of just doing well on the PFA and no one gives a poo poo. He's basically got zero percent chance for Chief now because our CFL, who was a JO who's a ragging oval office who didn't give a poo poo about Sailors even she commissioned as an E-5, either couldn't fudge a single percentage point or probably incorrectly measured him since she got relieved of her CFL duties.

All I am saying is there is a difference between being a fat rear end and being Navy fat.

hooyah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

pyf navy blimps

• Locked thread