Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized somebody has to try and make Superman interesting :stare:

I said KEEP THAT poo poo OUT OF HERE.

God drat it, I'm not getting probated over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

One of us...one of us...

Ugh. G/f is totally fine with it as long as we can move the range rover to her folks...

Rhyno posted:

I said KEEP THAT poo poo OUT OF HERE.
God drat it, I'm not getting probated over here.

Resist.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

At this point I think I've replaced every mechanical, electrical, and suspension related component on my Volvo. My gimp suit has no eyes so I can only taste the turds perpetually flowing through my moist bankrupt lips.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Armchair Calvinist posted:

At this point I think I've replaced every mechanical, electrical, and suspension related component on my Volvo. My gimp suit has no eyes so I can only taste the turds perpetually flowing through my moist bankrupt lips.

This but replace Volvo with Subaru. And I'm not finished fixing it yet, because it keeps. loving. breaking. in new and exciting ways. :shepicide:

My Volvos don't cost me anything, other than lost property value from just sitting there collecting dust.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why can't we talk about superman? I must have missed something. But, now that it's mentioned, having a nigh-invincible character must take some writing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geirskogul posted:

Why can't we talk about superman? I must have missed something. But, now that it's mentioned, having a nigh-invincible character must take some writing.

Because talking about comic books gets Rhyno's rear end probated.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Rhyno posted:

Because talking about comic books gets Rhyno's rear end probated.

What about film adaptations?

I liked Man of Steel because Superman wasn't cheesy in it

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ok no comic book chat for Rhyno's sake.

But food chat...yes. Yesterday was one of those days where I never got full.
Breakfast: 4 eggs, 8 bacon, two bagels with nutella, 2 cups of fruit, cup of cottage cheese, coffee, orange juice.
At work: 4 bagels with nutella
Lunch: 2 servings of currywurst, fries and pop.
Dinner: 12oz steak, baked potato, garlic bread, 1.5L beer, apple strudel and a coffee.
2nd/3rd/ dinner: chicken stir fry from takeout place, two slices of pizza from pizza stand

Then I went to bed hungry. Wish my appetite was always that good, usually I have to force feed myself to eat enough.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ok no comic book chat for Rhyno's sake.

But food chat...yes. Yesterday was one of those days where I never got full.
Breakfast: 4 eggs, 8 bacon, two bagels with nutella, 2 cups of fruit, cup of cottage cheese, coffee, orange juice.
At work: 4 bagels with nutella
Lunch: 2 servings of currywurst, fries and pop.
Dinner: 12oz steak, baked potato, garlic bread, 1.5L beer, apple strudel and a coffee.
2nd/3rd/ dinner: chicken stir fry from takeout place, two slices of pizza from pizza stand

Then I went to bed hungry. Wish my appetite was always that good, usually I have to force feed myself to eat enough.

Did you drink enough water with all of this? Do you have a glucometer? Do you take a multivitamin?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Did you drink enough water with all of this? Do you have a glucometer? Do you take a multivitamin?

2 gallons of water a day, I get dehydrated easy. No glucometer, no multivitamin. My gut is completely f'ed up so between poor absorption and wildly varying hunger this is pretty normal.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

NitroSpazzz posted:

2 gallons of water a day, I get dehydrated easy. No glucometer, no multivitamin. My gut is completely f'ed up so between poor absorption and wildly varying hunger this is pretty normal.

You ate four whole bagels, each of which had nutella smeared on it, as a snack between a huge breakfast and a huge lunch? What the gently caress. Maybe you have the world's largest tapeworm or something, no human should be able to eat that much food in a day.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Do de do, just walking back from the bathroom to the kitchen after we'd closed.

Wait... how the gently caress did I wind up face down on the floor, why does everything hurt, and why the gently caress am I wet?! :saddowns:

Our dining room tiles get slick as poo poo once they're mopped. No wet floor sign, though I should have expected them to be wet. Don't even remember the fall, just remember my foot going out from under me and suddenly being in a world of pain (left a decent dent in the wall from my head, that might explain the memory issue).

Carnage: peeled the skin back pretty good on the webbing between my right thumb and index finger. Cut my left elbow. Skinned both knees, cut my right calf. Lots of bruises. Nothing terrible, though my thumb won't stop oozing despite antibiotic ointment and bandaging. I think I'm gonna wrap it in gauze with a dab of neosporin for the night

gently caress "Treadsafe" shoes forever. :fuckoff: I'm gonna be sore as poo poo for a couple of days, but the only thing I'm really worried about is my thumb. Stupid thing is still bleeding nearly 4 hours later. Won't have much range in my left elbow for a bit.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Magic Underwear posted:

You ate four whole bagels, each of which had nutella smeared on it, as a snack between a huge breakfast and a huge lunch? What the gently caress. Maybe you have the world's largest tapeworm or something, no human should be able to eat that much food in a day.

I ate three scotch eggs for dinner yesterday. I felt like I was going to die.

Worth it, though.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

Worth it, though.

I had 4 Sunday night, made with Chorizo and double-breaded.

That's 4 boiled eggs and an entire pound of sausage, deep fried.

Worth it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You guys realy hate my retarded friend a5h here and it hurts my feels.......

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

Worth it, though.

Are you the one that posted those in GWS pic thread? I need to see if anywhere around here serves them and if not make them when I get home and have a kitchen. They look amazing.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Another of the many things that's broken about me: I love the taste of (most) energy drinks but don't need the actual energy boost. Not the super-sweet grape/orange/coffee flavors but the standard battery acid monsters and red bulls. And I hate soda. I don't know what the gently caress.

This pretty much nails it. They were delicious, but i tend to regulate caffeine, so they were special treats.

As for kidneys of steel, well, they seem to do the job.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 2, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NitroSpazzz posted:

Are you the one that posted those in GWS pic thread? I need to see if anywhere around here serves them and if not make them when I get home and have a kitchen. They look amazing.

No, but I think that's where I got the inspiration.

I used Jamie Oliver's recipe. It needs more salt than you would think, both the egg and the breadcrumbs need to be offset by the salt in the meat.

The really awesome bit is if you only boil the eggs for 3 minutes or so, and you get the runny yolk in the middle of your scotch egg. So good.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

mariooncrack posted:

Well...Can she afford a replacement car?

Hell no she can't afford a new car. She can barely afford the parts I'm currently putting into keeping this thing moving under its own power.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 247 days!)

Some of the better episodes of "Forensic Files" are free stream on AMZNPRM. Just thought you should know.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Sigma X posted:

Hell no she can't afford a new car. She can barely afford the parts I'm currently putting into keeping this thing moving under its own power.

My girlfriend is in a similar situation. I'd probably keep my eye out for a replacement for now but put what you can to keep her Forester running. I'd be wary of putting too many parts into it because eventually it's going to cost as much as a replacement.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

trouser chili posted:

Ooh that reminds me, I have to pay the mortgage. Wish I could have that check as a car payment. drat, I'd be rollin.

I really hope that the letter of intent that the real estate agent (who represents developers)is sending the estate attorney is for an amount greater than $500k for the house I've inherited...

It probably wont be anywhere near that though. :smith:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My wife is just about 38 weeks pregnant with our little pit chief. She told me last week that he was probably going to show up this week. It would be cool if she had him tonight because 4 day weekend. I think it will happen this weekend or early next week. She can basically will a child out of her womb though, in convinced she did it with our daughter. She was finally fed up being pregnant and said 'I'm so done' two days later we have a baby girl.

Rhyno edit: perhaps we should name him Kal-El.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sigma X posted:

Isn't it great feeling responsible for a girlfriends car? Once you check the oil, that's it, you're the caretaker of that car whether you like it or not. I had a GF that I found a nice used Prelude for, all she had to do was keep oil in it and she couldn't even accomplish that. Car died of oil starvation, and I felt like it was my fault for not being there to save it :smith:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

One of the many reasons I don't want to date seriously again. I am not going to be the caretaker of your shitbox.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

AI: Caretakers of Girlfriend's Shitboxes

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
For breakfast i ate one of my kid's french toast sticks from Aldi that fell on the floor. POVERTY SPEC DIET.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Slow is Fast posted:

One of the many reasons I don't want to date seriously again. I am not going to be the caretaker of your shitbox.

Surely you can find a nice Corolla driving partner? Changing oil once in a while is worth it if you find the right girl/guy.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Surely you can find a nice Corolla driving partner? Changing oil once in a while is worth it if you find the right girl/guy.

I dated a girl once with a nice volvo and she took it to the dealer and I didn't have to touch it and it was awesome.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
G/fs car is under warranty. Oil changes for life, I don't touch it. Thank god, I have enough other poo poo that's broken to worry about.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Got my new 2014 Focus titanium hatchback and walked with it for 22 after tax. :toot:

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Last ex girlfriend managed to kill a Volvo 240. Ran the thing completely out of oil and continued driving it for 10+ miles down the interstate and then down the road to her destination before pulling over. I told her to go get an oil change 2 weeks before, noting that it was a little low and she should get it done that weekend if possible.

(I put a jug of oil in it for shits and giggles, and heard the worst case of rod knock I've ever heard in my life.)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I accidentally put a hole in one of my cats at the car wash yesterday. :thumbsup:

Found a place on google called "Muffler Man" and has good reviews so I chance it. Pull into the parking lot and before I can get out an employee walks over and asks whats up. Has me drive it directly on the lift, they see the hole and offer to weld it up for $40. 15 minutes later Im outta there. It was such an enjoyable experience I kind of wish I had more exhaust problems.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Got my new 2014 Focus titanium hatchback and walked with it for 22 after tax. :toot:

Congrats!

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Viper_3000 posted:

(I put a jug of oil in it for shits and giggles, and heard the worst case of rod knock I've ever heard in my life.)

Not dead, merely wounded. It would probably limp along at least another 10k miles, sounding like a skeleton masturbating in a filing cabinet the whole time.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Slow is Fast posted:

I just passed the 10 year anniversary of my divorce. My ex wife still calls me first when her car has a problem. I'm proud to say that for the last 4 years I've done nothing but give her an opinion on what it might be and tell her to take it to a shop.

Yes, for 6 years I worked on the car of a woman who left me. And gave her a free loaner to use while I worked on it. It was like automotive Stockholm syndrome.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I've learned to never ask boyfriends for car help, because once upon a time I had a relationship end over a MK2 Jetta that I wanted help fixing. In retrospect, I can't really blame him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I found a tear in the back seat of the 6. I about cried.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Our Hilti Tools rep was in our area at UMASS today and invited us to free lunch at Chili's. It's 20 min into our 30 min break and our food just got here. Ahhhh yeeeeeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

When I was 18 I could put down 3 double Whoppers without breaking a sweat. Just the thought of doing that today makes me sick to my stomach.
When I was working on the roof of my house in the dead of winter I was going to BK for a triple whopper with cheese, kingsize fry, kingsize milkshake, and kingsize soda for dinner afterwards. It'd be gone in quite literally 5 minutes.

3 loving times a week.

And I lost weight and gained muscle.

Hard manual labor in single digit temps after dark will do that to you.

Terrible Robot posted:

This but replace Volvo with Subaru. And I'm not finished fixing it yet, because it keeps. loving. breaking. in new and exciting ways. :shepicide:

My Volvos don't cost me anything, other than lost property value from just sitting there collecting dust.

Put me on the list too. Except with jeeps.

Actually, here's what I have replaced on the red toilet jeep since 2010. And this is only the things I remember.
Upstream and downstream O2 sensors
radiator
both driveshafts
all shocks
every brake line and hose
every brake cylinder and caliper
all brake rotors shoes pads and drums
all ebrake cables
rear hatch harness, twice (rebuilt the broken one with all aerospace grade super flexy, super high temp, super abrasion resistant wire in the flex section the second time.)
hatch struts
engine, all seals
transmission
rebuilt transfer case
front ujoints
balljoints
wheel bearings
both steering knuckles
all tie rod ends
track bar
alternator
PS pump
PS hoses
battery
ECU
CPS
ignition coil
all engine/trans mounts
rear leafs, shackles
airbags (it came to me with none)
steering wheel
heater core
fuel sender and tank (twice. this is my fault)
whole exhaust system, multiple times. all but one were my fault
wiring harness repair to all 4 doors, both tail lights, the rear chassis harness, the fuel pump, and the trailer harness
TPS
tail lights (my fault. drat ninja trees)
swaybar bushings and endlinks
all front sheetmetal (it came to me all mismatched)
horn
clockspring
steering intermediate shaft
exhaust manifold
windshield, 3 times, and it needs another. All this year.
CTS
starter
bellhousing
both headlights, again
every bulb has burned out, most of them have burned out and gotten me pulled over
radio died

and it still needs:
rear wheel bearings, pinion bearing, carrier bearings
ac evap core
fuel level sender wiring and sender
rust repair on the rear of the frame
seats
radio, again
rockers
door catch straps and hinge rebuilds on both front doors
hatch latch handle
drivers door
drivers door hinge pins
both front doors need replacement catch straps
bellhousing, AGAIN
... AKA "everything I haven't replaced yet".

I'm so goddamn close to cutting the stupid piece of poo poo up for scrapmetal and buying something else.

• Locked thread