Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I just bought a sour bottle of chocolate milk. :argh:

Expires August 3rd, fresh out of the cooler. Supposedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

neckbeard posted:

a co-worker sold his Mustang to buy a 2005 BMW 745i this week. So much schadenfreude to be had once he has to start repairing/maintaining that thing

But on the other hand, he's not driving a Mustang anymore

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

Cripes, I missed something... what happened to the ITR?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

What's up with the ITR?

I got rear ended in it a couple months back. Got hurt and I've had some health problems in the midst of what is shaping up to be one of my busiest summers ever. Anyway, the car isn't hurt bad, looks like it's just the bumper cover. You can't even tell from 10 feet.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Let me tell you about a thing called Amsoil

I thought that was just a feminine douche.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nodoze posted:

But on the other hand, he's not driving a Mustang anymore
:colbert: I like your purple wheels slightly less now.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The bar I go to every thursday for dollar tacos and cheap beer burned down and I'm bummed

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

neckbeard posted:

a co-worker sold his Mustang to buy a 2005 BMW 745i this week. So much schadenfreude to be had once he has to start repairing/maintaining that thing

I don't get it... If you're going to get a 7 series why would you get anything but an e38? That generation looks like poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

BraveUlysses posted:

I don't get it... If you're going to get a 7 series why would you get anything but an e38? That generation looks like poo poo.

Any beater 7 = best 7

rscott posted:

The bar I go to every thursday for dollar tacos and cheap beer burned down and I'm bummed

Its hard to find that perfect place with cheap tacos and cheap light beer. Yeah that's the redneck in me, but my old hang out would consist of 3 tacos, 3 cans of what ever was in the cooler, 10 dollars and the best crap in the morning.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Any beater 7 = best 7

This is slowly creeping and will gain traction until all of AI is driving beater 7s. We'll figure out how to fix all the fragile, hyper-expensive toys and corner the market. It is our destiny.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

This is slowly creeping and will gain traction until all of AI is driving beater 7s. We'll figure out how to fix all the fragile, hyper-expensive toys and corner the market. It is our destiny.

I'm already one step ahead with shaky British cars. :smug:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ITR chat

This has been sitting in my mechanic's shop for about 2 years now (this pic is about 2 weeks old).

Last time I saw it, it was a shell with just a cluster. It now has a nearly complete drivetrain in it. Still no interior beyond the cluster, but it reads <50k miles.

I'm not sure of the complete story behind it; from what I remember, the owner is in jail, and his parents are sending money when they can for work on it. But it's been ages since I asked about it. I also seem to remember it being a theft recovery, but again, been a long time since I asked him about it.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Cage posted:

:colbert: I like your purple wheels slightly less now.

Don't say things you can't take back :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4594703532.html

Someone should buy this ratty POS and drive it as is.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

cursedshitbox posted:

HNNNN..

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

meatpimp posted:

I had a Beater 7 for a while. An E32. I miss the space in that car. And the fact that in 1991 I would have been a baller. The E38 has to be one of my favorite car body styles of all time though. I still want one. It would literally drive me to the poor house, caressing my rear end with its sweet Bavarian leather the entire time (when/if it ran).

To sum it up, I had a bad BMW experience. But I still want an E38.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I'm not sure I am man enough to have a beater 7.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wouldn't fix the fragile hyper-expensive toys, I'd just remove them and replace them with parts from other, better cars as I go.

Eventually I'd end up with a Lexus LS400 with a BMW 7-series bodykit.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I wouldn't fix the fragile hyper-expensive toys, I'd just remove them and replace them with parts from other, better cars as I go.

that is what I do.

but it is really sad when you play in the GM parts bin for "better parts"

I won't own a bmw car. something something not wanting the big prick on the inside.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

cursedshitbox posted:

If only it were a OM617.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A local biker was killed in an accident the other day. He popped a wheelie (his facebook is full of pictures of him acting like an rear end on his bikes) and lost control and hit a truck making a left turn. His friends have organized a benefit because when you kill yourself being reckless and almost kill another motorist then other people should pick up the tab for your funeral right?
And to make it worse, his friends are stalking the driver of the truck he hit, saying poo poo on FB like "we'll balance the scales sooner or later."

I hate this place so loving much.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
If there's one thing reading local motorcycle forums has taught me it's that the dumbest, squidliest riders in the area are the ones that spout out that whole "brotherhood" aspect of riding a motorcycle the most.

There's a TON of chill dudes in the motorcycle community but man are there a lot of dumbasses that never should have been approved for a 30% APR loan on a gixxah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baller Witness Bro posted:

If there's one thing reading local motorcycle forums has taught me it's that the dumbest, squidliest riders in the area are the ones that spout out that whole "brotherhood" aspect of riding a motorcycle the most.

There's a TON of chill dudes in the motorcycle community but man are there a lot of dumbasses that never should have been approved for a 30% APR loan on a gixxah.

It's just stomach turning that this guy, a known idiot, has people lining up to form a posse to got and attack the people he nearly took with him.
http://wane.com/2014/07/29/motorcyclist-critical-after-accident-on-state-boulevard/

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So they're publicly threatening someone online?

Isn't that a rather bad idea? And doesn't Indiana have stand your ground laws?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

InitialDave posted:

Internet Tough Guys: Been doing it since AOL chat rooms.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
These days I trust the mid-40's guy with a gut and reflective vest more than I trust people my age when it comes to motorcycles and motorcycle clubs.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Rhyno posted:

It's just stomach turning that this guy, a known idiot, has people lining up to form a posse to got and attack the people he nearly took with him.
http://wane.com/2014/07/29/motorcyclist-critical-after-accident-on-state-boulevard/

"Burcham was not wearing a helmet."

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Magic Underwear posted:

When you wheelie at speed into a saddle gas tank, it doesn't really matter...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Isn't that a rather bad idea? And doesn't Indiana have stand your ground laws?

The rational people are telling those guys to keep quiet but one of the private groups I'm part of has a 1600 message discussion about it.

Magic Underwear posted:

This is him on an average day from what I understand

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Looks to me the problem solved itself.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

A local biker was killed in an accident the other day. He popped a wheelie (his facebook is full of pictures of him acting like an rear end on his bikes) and lost control and hit a truck making a left turn. His friends have organized a benefit because when you kill yourself being reckless and almost kill another motorist then other people should pick up the tab for your funeral right?
And to make it worse, his friends are stalking the driver of the truck he hit, saying poo poo on FB like "we'll balance the scales sooner or later."

I hate this place so loving much.

Some retard passed me at well over 100 doing a wheelie on i90 the other day... so I sped up a bit, kept him in sight, and let him beat the bushes for speedtraps and undercover cruisers most of my way home.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Not exactly surprising, but with the new "season" of drive, the videos are going to be locked behind a paywall.

You get a 3 minute preview, and the actual thing is behind a $3.99 subscription. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h33H91Ipyy4

Naturally, the comments section has poo poo itself over this development, but really, they can get hosed if they think 2 or 3 hours of car reviews are worth half of what netflix charges.

I would pay for motortrend's stuff like hot rod garage, roadkill and dirt everyday if it came to that because they actually produce something, but i'm not paying so these dickbags can fly around the world driving expensive cars.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

cursedshitbox posted:

I won't own a bmw car. something something not wanting the big prick on the inside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This guy's death is getting strange now. There are two benefits set up for him at the same time on Sunday and the organizers of both are threatening each other openly on facebook. One is set up by at least one member of his family and some friends, the other by the mother of his child, another family member and other friends. Both involve gathering at a location and then cruising to the site of the accident to pay respects and each group has rival bike club members attending.

This might be worth checking out.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

cursedshitbox posted:

You'd rather just piddle oil like the Exxon Valdez :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BrokenKnucklez posted:

You'd rather just piddle oil like the Exxon Valdez :v:

I prefer my vehicles to handle about the same, and have the same thirst for fuel

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Mother loving Sharknado 2.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Something followed me home. I'm not sure what it was because all I could see behind me was a wall of white.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

trouser chili posted:

Something followed me home. I'm not sure what it was because all I could see behind me was a wall of white.

I think you got screwed, the person that sold you that forgot to include at least half of it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Powershift posted:

Not exactly surprising, but with the new "season" of drive, the videos are going to be locked behind a paywall.

You get a 3 minute preview, and the actual thing is behind a $3.99 subscription. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h33H91Ipyy4

Naturally, the comments section has poo poo itself over this development, but really, they can get hosed if they think 2 or 3 hours of car reviews are worth half of what netflix charges.

I would pay for motortrend's stuff like hot rod garage, roadkill and dirt everyday if it came to that because they actually produce something, but i'm not paying so these dickbags can fly around the world driving expensive cars.
"Mighty Car Mods were able to build a successful car show IN A CAVE! With a box of scrap!"

I don't mind paying for content, but I think £25 a year is pushing it a bit just to watch streaming video from one channel.

On the other hand, a cover charge to keep out the riff-raff is something YouTube as a whole desperately needs.

Gut feeling is that a lower subscription wouldn't rock the boat so much, and more cheaper subscriptions may not actually reduce revenue a whole lot compared to their intended charge.

No question, though, they have serioulsy dropped the ball in not recognising how many people are unable to subscribe due to regional issues and the like. I do understand that's not their fault as such, but I think it's a big part of the backlash.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

On the other hand, a cover charge to keep out the riff-raff is something YouTube as a whole desperately needs.

Anybody, subscriber or not, can still comment on videos in a paid subscription channel. Videos they're unable to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Rhyno posted:

I think you got screwed, the person that sold you that forgot to include at least half of it.

It's a grower not a shower.

• Locked thread