Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Massachusetts sucks and raised all their DMV fees. Shoutouts to taking even more of everyones money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Coredump posted:

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/five-reasons-you-need-to-buy-a-nissan-240-sx-right-now-1597682032

Awww yeah, who's got two thumbs and one of the last stock 240sx's around in good shape? THIS GUY.

Some day :allears:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

Friend has a 93 Prelude Si that's been parked for a few years, ever since he got his M3.

Modded a bit - H23 base motor, with cams, I/H/E, some tuning, ugly body kit, and HIDZZZZZ. Interior and paint are drat near flawless (repainted 3 years ago, interior has always been kept clean). While he's driven it hard, he only put about 8k on it in the 7 years he drove it. Car has 170k.

$900 and it's mine, but I have to either risk driving a car that's sat for 3 years for 700 miles through the middle of loving nowhere Texas, or bring a trailer. Stepdad has an 01 F-150 5.4 with a trailer hitch sitting here, nuff said.

I know most of the history of the car, as he's had it for about 10 years. I'd be ripping out a lot of stuff (like the HIDz, gaudy hood, and parts of the body kit - and especially the VAFC), and upgrading the tuning to something a bit more modern than a VAFC.

It's seriously tempting. Borrow stepdad's F-150, rent a flatbed trailer out there, bring the car back home. I could part it out for far more than I'd paid for it, but the car runs like a scalded ape (when it runs).

It's been "on again/off again for sale" for 3 years. It's been driven 2 or 3 times since in that time frame, so some fuel system work is in order. It's been awhile since I played with hondalegos, though!

Do it, that's a steal.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Agreed. Now that they're legal in the US, I expect a lot more Americans to learn about how tight everything is in that mess of hoses and 80s turbo technology.

Then again, this is the company that brought us the twin turbo Z32 300ZX. I visited a shop where they were working on a 300ZX that was brought over (found in a "farmer's field" in Japan, sure buddy :rolleyes:). This poor car basically had the entire HKS catalogue, two(!) alarms (one half installed, the other fully installed but broken from cap plague) and miles and miles of aftermarket wiring. It must have been some kind of show car in its past life, because it was tuned for big injectors (which had been removed from the car along with the aftermarket fuel rail) and never ran again.

After the customer hit his spending limit trying to diagnose every possible gremlin I believe the car was parted out at flea-market prices. Nobody wants to buy used and dirty early-90s HKS stuff, it seems.

I don't give a poo poo I still want one :allears:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

RIP STR catte :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

leica posted:

I was being kinda facetious but yeah good point. It's nice just to have it for that, but I imagine at some point I'll remove the A/C just because I'm a sperg when it comes to clean looking engine bays and "real" sports cars not having A/C. To get the real sports car experience you have to suffer, right?

Defrost or when it's raining but muggy as hell are the only times I use the AC in my s2000. Even if I don't put the roof down, having the windows down on the highway gets some air moving around pretty good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Man I love working at hospitals. So many hot rear end nurses too look at. Too bad they don't really enjoy small talk with filthy sweaty construction workers.

Nurses are the best :allears:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Still worth getting one IMO

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Found a small hole in my soft top :negative:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

piss boner posted:

Try a tent repair kit from BassPro/Dick Sporting?

I got some vinyl at Joanne fabrics, going to see how well that holds up with some goop holding it on. I just need it to hold me over the winter I guess, then I'll use tax money to get a new one

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

neckbeard posted:

a co-worker sold his Mustang to buy a 2005 BMW 745i this week. So much schadenfreude to be had once he has to start repairing/maintaining that thing

But on the other hand, he's not driving a Mustang anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cage posted:

:colbert: I like your purple wheels slightly less now.

Don't say things you can't take back :(

• Locked thread