Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bandman posted:

Not dead, merely wounded. It would probably limp along at least another 10k miles, sounding like a skeleton masturbating in a filing cabinet the whole time.

My car sounds like this everyday!

Oh wait, its a TDI...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Coredump posted:

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/five-reasons-you-need-to-buy-a-nissan-240-sx-right-now-1597682032

Awww yeah, who's got two thumbs and one of the last stock 240sx's around in good shape? THIS GUY.

That is a really lovely article, even though I love the old Nissans...

quote:

4. It has the right wheels powering the car.

:allears: Oh gently caress off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

That sounds far more complicated than just sending the power to the front wheels, or the rear wheels. I mean, if you're going to go through all the trouble of sending it to both right wheels, why not just send some to the left too and make it awd.

Because then they can't 'Hoon' it

(Yes, I got your joke)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
All you other sys admins:

Just to warn you, if you have a file server running Windows Server 2012 with any of the service packs, there is a bug in the server service (lanman) that will cause SMB shares to start failing, all other services (iSCSI/RDP/Terminal Services/etc.) will function as normal, but your DNS name may no longer resolve properly.

Check out KB2955163. There is no official fix yet.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 4, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I learned stick in a Mazda Miata, because my parents went on vacation taking our only automatic, leaving me with a 5 speed Miata.

In the dark, I kept stalling it because I didn't realize that you shift down, then right to go from 1-2-3 instead of just right (1-3-5)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MonkeyNutZ posted:

So this morning I discovered https://maps.google.com/locationhistory. You can look at everywhere you've been if you use pretty much any Google service on your phone. There's even a play button on the bottom left corner which really should be accompanied with Indiana Jones music. I spent an hour and made a map of everywhere I've been in the last 12 months with the data:

http://imgur.com/gallery/L79qf/
Which would be pretty sweet for road trips/trip reports, no?

Its creepy, but I also think its really neat in a way...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Fun Saturday.

Volvo
-Transmission flush and oil change

Jetta
-CV Axle change and all around brakes

Audi
-Megasquirt wiring and running battery cables for newly rehomed battery to the trunk

• Locked thread