Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

bandman posted:

Not dead, merely wounded. It would probably limp along at least another 10k miles, sounding like a skeleton masturbating in a filing cabinet the whole time.

You got me. Laughed loudly in my quiet office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I have had a couple of cars sold out from under me (sellers just stop communicating) in the past month, a clean 94 miata for $2500, a really straight 2001 325i for $3000 (this one hurt the most). God dammit craigslist, I just want a second car to gently caress with while the weather is good. Stop crushing my dreams.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Does HB run some legit July 4th sales? Because I need some torx wrenches thanks to a...purchase.

(E39 540i 6-speed holy poo poo my finances)

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

The paradox is that the 5 series is going to make me poor :aaaaa:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Ordered parts (dealer only) to do front struts on the Protege.

One pair each of struts, bushings and upper turn plates.

$750 after discounts. :emo:

Ouch.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I learned on a 2001 tiburon that my parents financed for me while I lived out of state. I didn't have a car at the time, so I flew down with my girlfriend and drove around doing Florida things (stalling it a handful of times) for a couple days. Then drove it back to Virginia, driving the whole way my self because she didn't drive stick. Fun times.

I just had that car scrapped and I am still bummed about it. It was a lovely little Korean celica wannabe, but it was mine. I was dirt poor most of the time I owned it and it tolerated my ham fisted lack of preventative maintence pretty damned well.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Thats a cool cat. Florida summers, especially mid-state where there is basically never even a breeze, are brutal! I went to school in Gainesville and rode a hipster road bike to my summer classes. I probably lost 3 lbs of water weight to and from class each day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I'm not sure I am man enough to have a beater 7.

• Locked thread