Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My wife is just about 38 weeks pregnant with our little pit chief. She told me last week that he was probably going to show up this week. It would be cool if she had him tonight because 4 day weekend. I think it will happen this weekend or early next week. She can basically will a child out of her womb though, in convinced she did it with our daughter. She was finally fed up being pregnant and said 'I'm so done' two days later we have a baby girl.

Rhyno edit: perhaps we should name him Kal-El.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I learned manual on a 1984 BMW 528e in high school. That thing had an engagement point of less than 10 degrees from nothing to full grab I kid you not. Equally amusing was the shifter linkage idler arm bit had bushings so worn that you would try starting in 3rd regularly, and trying to get into reverse was laughable as the stick was pulled over nearly to your crotch. It did force me to be a smooth shifting driver though. The clutch in my Speed6 was so grabby and light feeling, coupled with the turbo usually got some pretty jerky movements any time someone else would drive it. When I sold it I would go for a ride along with people to test drive it. I would drive it first so they knew it was nothing wrong with the car but everyone that drove it. All but one person stalled it out at least once.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I tackled my first water pump job ever in the M3. It went surprisingly well, besides getting a shot or two worth of coolant and having the rest shower upon me. The previous owner did a fan delete but had the wrong stupid thermostat in so I'm pretty confident with this new setup the GDCS should be kept at bay in the 100+ summer days of Salt Lake City.
Edit: took about 4.5 hours and not as many tools as you'd think.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

My biggest electric bill last year was ~$90. We built our house last year and did 2x6 construction with high rated blown in insulation. Since my wife is home with our daughter (and 38+ weeks pregnant right now) our thermostat is set at 70-71 degrees all day every day. 9 foot ceilings wherever it isn't vaulted, about 2060 square feet on the main level, the basement is the same square footage but it is not finished. It stays cold enough on its own.

Edit: we live in salt lake so we regularly see high temps (upper 90's and days over 100) on a regular basis during summer.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Speaking of blipshift shirts, how's the quality? People online were bitching and moaning about them being too thin or something. I typically wear undershirts and hang dry my T's.

Edit: read the blipshift site and see they've changed some stuff. Lightweight fitted it is!

Somewhat Heroic fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 26, 2014

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Phone posted:

Cross-postin':

Go back and take that photo with the obligatory middle finger you pleb. I see the automotive, but it's missing the insanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

13 INCH DICK posted:

Let me tell you about a thing called owl pellets

• Locked thread